Need the Insteon thermostat plugin beta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need the Insteon thermostat plugin beta

Good morning! I'm getting kinda desperate here. I searched the HS4 beta section for the new Insteon Thermostat plugin beta. I'm running the Insteon plugin beta 4.0.3.6. I don't see the Thermostat beta plugin in the list......

It's there -- here is my Plugins --> Add page -- searching on "thermo" with "Show Beta Plugins" on...

Click image for larger version

Name:	Snap1.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	34.3 KB
ID:	1545722

Comment

thanks for getting back to me John. I've tried that several times and only see the legacy insteion thermostat plugin. Here is what I see.....

HS4 Plugins
      Show Beta Plugins

AK HeatmiserNeo
      Software plugin for controlling the Heatmiser NEO line of thermostats.

Ecobee
      This plugin supports the Ecobee thermostats

Honeywell Lyric
      Allows HomeSeer systems to monitor, control and react to changes in Honeywell...

Honeywell Lyric
      BETA
      Allows HomeSeer systems to monitor, control and react to changes in Honeywell...
      Legacy Plugins

AK HeatmiserNeo

Aprilaire

BLStat

Ecobee

Hive

Honeywell Lyric

Honeywell WiFi Thermostat

Insteon Thermostat

IPThermostat

Omnistat 3

PHEvoHome

RadioThermostat

rnbPlace

Samsung Smart Devices

SDJ-VStat

Sinope

Tado

UltraSmartThermostat3

Comment

Hi mmclaurin -- I just realized you are using an HS-Pi (i.e. linux box) -- and this (probably) explains why you're not seeing the Insteon Thermostat 3.0.8.0 beta in your plugins list: it isn't available for Linux (yet). I just inherited the plugin a few weeks ago, and, with Mark Sandler's awesome help, was able to get it functional again. BUT, I haven't made a Linux build (yet) -- I will try figure that out in the next couple of days (I'm not a Linux person -- my days of GREP and BASH are long behind me). The windows beta is available but that won't help you if you have to use the HT-Pi...

Will have some news in a couple of days...john

Comment

Thanks so much John. Kinda in a pressure sitch here like many others........

Comment

Any chance you have a windows box you could try this on? OR, do you have enough Linux skill that if I sent you the code and bash file, you'd be able to do a build yourself? I'll try to get a build made in the next couple of days...

Comment

I'm OK waiting on whatever you can do. I'm programming illiterate at this point.

Comment

Any chance you could return your HT-Pi and go with an HT-Plus (windows box) instead?

Comment

OK I have marked the beta installation as being available for Linux -- please
                  a) see if you can find the plugin in the plugin-->Add page (don't forget to set the "Show Beta Plugins" switch.
                  b) if you can see it -- install and give it a whirl...

Comment

Thanks so much. I'll give it a go this morning and let you know.

Comment

You've saved my life. I configured 2 of the 7 thermostats and I can see and control no problem. Whatever they are paying you it isn't enough......

Comment

Thanks for reporting back! Glad it worked. John

Comment

Working...
                        X