X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plug-in will not recognize my hub

Hi John,

Mark told me to send this to you.

The T-Stat program seems not to be recognized. As you also see in the attached screen shots it states it is registered, but the hub address is not showing which may be a clue. Not sure, maybe you can enlighten me on the issue.

In addition I have 11 Insteon Stats, one a remote (Big House) If you have any words of wisdom on handling that many please advise.

Kind Regards,

Rick
    PS Just saw your message to me this morning... I will upgrade and report back....
    Attached Files

First problem is definitely the version of the Insteon Thermostat plugin; version 3.07.x WILL NOT connect to the MNS Insteon plugin; that was the update Mark and I made when I took over the plugin. You should also install Mark's latest version of the MNS Insteon plugin (4.0.3.11 I think). Suggest you begin with a single thermostat -- add it to the tstat plugin Config page and be sure to click Update Links -- then test a bit before adding the others. best -- john

Comment

Hi John,

OK the upgrade to the "Beta" seems to fix the problem. Maybe a suggestion when we buy the Plug-In and HS sends us the email to download it maybe add to switch on "Beta?"

Also what is the "Masters" program for the Stats?

I have 11 Stats total 1 a remote. Any words of wisdom before I load them all up?

Also I polled everything and got this atached message..

Thanks for your help,

Rick

Attached Files

Comment

The largest of my two installations is only two thermostats so I have no experience with this size installation; I also haven't tried a wireless thermostat. All I can offer is encouragement to give it a go and a commitment to help if something goes wrong...

Comment

Thanks! I will keep you in the loop.

Comment

re: Tstat "Master Program" -- the thermostat plugin has the ability to setup programs for the thermostat -- these don't reside on the device, but rather, in the plugin. See the HS4->Plugin -> Insteon Thermostat -> Insteon Thermostat Help. The help is written for HS3 so the screens will look different, but the content is still relevant. The help discusses the "master program". I have not dug into this code, and have not set up any programs for my thermostats (I prefer to do that at the device itself).

Comment

Morning John, I am inputting all of my Stats and so far they are working but take up soooo much screen space in both modes. Is there a way to make them a one liner,, even if each one is simply the name then selecting on it expand that particular one?

Thx

Rick

Comment

Not sure I'm following what you mean (maybe post a screen shot) -- but there is no way for me to change HS4's display...

Comment

That's what I was afraid of..... The problem is each TSat and each item takes up way to much real-estate especially on the app. Imagine I am putting 11 Stats on one group, then I have to scroll thru all of them before I find the one I want... Wish they would make it so I had one line item for each Stat or device then when you selected the one you want it expands to the current view.

Comment

Working...
                  X