General directions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

General directions

Is there any general directions on how to set this up for a new user? I can not seem to find any.

Go to the tstat plugin -> Config page -- switch to the thermostats tab and enter your thermostat. Click Save -- THEN click the Update Links button on the line with your thermostat. That should do it.

Comment

Thank you so much for the quick response. I had completed that but it seems none of the information like temps are showing correct information nor do I have any control functions. Is there a next step? Truly a rookie. LOL

Comment

Sorry you're having trouble -- unfortunately I'm travelling for work thru next Sunday and will only have access to this forum at night (and not all of those) -- but will do my best to get you on the air.

Confirm that you have the MNS Insteon plugin installed and working. Then go to the tstat plugin Config page and check all the "log..." checkboxes -- then to the Thermostat tab and click Update Links again and save -- finally, go to homeseer4 -> Tools -> log and export the log and paste it here.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. I do have the MNS Insteon plug in up and running. I am already controlling 15 various devices in Homeseer with it.

Comment

Here is what you have requested. Thanks again for your help.

Comment

Nothing stands out on the screen shots of the log -- can you 1) clear the log, 2) go to tstat plugin -> config -> thermostat tab and click Update Links, 3) see if temp and set points update and if not, 4) export the log as a csv file and then upload it here. Before doing all that, make certain you are using the latest versions the MNS Insteon plugin and the latest beta of the TStat plug in.

Comment

Thank you. I think I have the most up to date Inteon Plug in and for the thermostat. I sent a Pic just in case. Let me know if I don't and also how to update if one of them is not running the correct version. I am sorry I don't seem to have CSV file. It does not come up in my save options. Just Txt. Txt does not want to upload. Temp and set points have not updated.

Comment

Your plugin versions are way out of date -- both are before Mark and I got the thermostat working. The TStat should be 3.0.8.5 and the MNS Insteon should be at least 4.0.4.x. Updating the MNS Insteon plugin is as easy as clicking the little update icon to the right of the version number. The TStat one should first be disabled, then the new version installed, then re-enabled. If you have problems, shut down HS4, uninstall the plugins, then reinstall. Once this is done, go back to the thermostat page and click "Update Links". john

Comment

Thank you so much. I had no idea that there was a toggle to add the beta's to the page. I am up and running. The thermostat is communicating perfectly. Now to play with it to get it to connect to Alexa and google.

Comment

Glad it's working -- I'm not happy with the Alexa support for the tstat so I'm working on it but no joy so far. Don't have a google device so I won't be any help there...

Comment

Alexa seems to be doing what I want for the thermostat. I enabled voice (cloud) control on the thermostat main tag only. I can control temp and change it from heat or cool using Alexa now. Awesome plug in man! Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                        X