deleted thermostat devices came back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

deleted thermostat devices came back

My Dad was testing out the older plugin with his Insteon Thermostats for a while, but never registered it and recently replaced those thermostats. I disabled the plugin and then removed the plugin. I then deleted all of the associated HomeSeer devices but they eventually got recreated. I'm not exactly sure when. Any idea how to prevent that from happening?

I tried to delete things from the plugin before removing the plugin, but since it wasn't registered I couldn't access any of the config pages.
    HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
    Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

I'm not sure why they would come back if the plugin was removed -- do you still have the MNS Insteon plugin registered (i.e. do you have other insteon devices in your setup)? If so, we can reach out to Mark Sandler for his thoughts.

Comment

Yes, Mark's plugin is still registered and in use. I don't see any thermostat devices in the plugin config pages though.
      HS4, Insteon, Z-wave, USB-UIRT, Harmony Hubs, Google Hub/Chromecasts/Speakers, Foscam & Amcrest cameras, EZVIZ DB1 doorbell
      Plugins: BLLAN, BLOccupied, BLUSBUIRT, Chromecast, Harmony Hub, Insteon, Jon00 Homeseer/Echo Skill Helper, Harmony Hub, Jon00 DB Charting, MediaController, NetCAM, PHLocation2, Pushover 3P, weatherXML, Z-wave

Comment

That's correct that the MNS Insteon plugin does not register the thermostat devices; but it does handle the communication between the Insteon devices (including the thermostats). Knowing his plugin is present, I'll reach out and ask him if he can fathom why the devices would "come back" after the t-stat plugin was unregistered -- it's a long shot but I can't think of anything else. John

Comment

Thanks John. No need to bother Mark with this just yet. I've deleted them again and will try a few things including a restart of HomeSeer to see if and when they come back.

Comment

This is weird because I have a similar problem, only it's with Alexa. I had an Insteon thermostat. It went south on me about a year ago so I got a Honeywell. The new one works absolutely perfectly through Alexa, never barfs on a command, and it's lexicon is pretty forgiving. BUT....for some reason, whenever I do a Discover Devices, the old Insteon one keeps coming back. I disable it, delete it, exorcise it, banish it, flush it down the toilet, whatever...it keeps coming back. I do not have the plug-in active. There are no HomeSeer objects representing it. I honestly don't know where it's coming from.

Jim Speiser
            38-year veteran of Home Automation
            Still don't know squat

Comment

Ok, never mind on this. HomeSeer has since restarted, and I've manually restarted the Insteon plugin, and the tstat devices have not come back again. I'm not sure what happened. I was on the other end of a HomeSeer config restore after a power outage caused all Insteon device to disappear, and I probably got confused switching between HS3 .hsd config files.

Comment

Working...
              X