This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insteon Thermostat for HS3 - active development

This plugin will provide support for Insteon enabled thermostats for HS3.

This is the next step for those that have previously used the Sage Insteon Thermostat plug-in for HS2. A development agreement was reached between Tom and myself. Quality and features of the initial release of this plug-in are intended to match those of the Sage plug-in. At some point after the initial release, enhancements will be considered based on user feedback and my own desire for additional features.

Active development is underway as of late January 2014.
    HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
    Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
    Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
    Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
    http://www.kazteel.com/

Subscribed to this thread, so I can find it again.
    They really buried this sub folder!

It SHOULD be right there in the Insteon general discussion folder.
    Right next to the sage Insteon thermostat plugin for HS2

Comment

Subscribed and looking forward to this.
      HSPro: 3.0.0.194
      PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
      HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

+1 - Subscribed. Anxiously awaiting...
        HS 3.0.0.199 Pro/Insteon 3.0.5.20/3 Venstar Insteon Therms / Insteon Thermostat 3.0.2.2 / DirecTV 3.0.0.14 / OpenSprinkler 2.0.5.21 / ITunes DAAP 3.0.0.23/ UltraM1G3 3.0.5437.37424/ UltraWeatherbug3 /HSTouch Svr 3.0.0.68/Zwave 3.0.1.25/Ultramon3/Global Cache 5.0.0.17/Various BLXXX Plugins.

Comment

+1!

-BD

Comment

What kind of time frame are we looking at for a initial release?

Thanks guy.
            PL: Insteon PLM 3.0.5.20,Insteon Thermostat 3.0.1.1 , UltraM1G, RainRelay8, UltraECM3, UltraPioneerAVR3, BLBackup, weatherXML, Jon00 Network & PC Monitor
            HW : Win 7 64bit, Intel i7-2600, 16 GB DDR3 Ram, 60 Plus Insteon Dual Band Devices, Rain8 Pro2, Elk M1 Gold, Brueltech GreenEye.

Comment

I want to be careful and not overestimate just how soon this might be ready for use. Optimistically right now I'd say the first week in March. Unlike my last plugin which I had Christmas vacation time-off from work, this one has to find development time on the "nights and weekends plan" around work, family and church.

I have the config pages working, HS3 devices created and a decent amount done on the web status page. This is all HS3 side development. What I need to work on next will be the Insteon protocol control thread that ties this all together. That's where my agreement with Tom is invaluable and should help keep this to a reasonable development cycle. Hopefully.
              HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
              Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)

Comment

Excellent.

One thing I noticed with using the "Auto" mode is that during manual control from the HS page, you can put this actual Tstat into a never ending Heat/Cool loop.

I have seen the heat set-point reset when placed in Auto but times it doesn't.

Not sure if this can be built into the Plugin Now or Later (I now you said you want to look at changes later)

Attached you will see a screen shot of setting that would never allow the HVAC to turn off.
                Attached Files

Comment

Just a quick update. I worked with Mark this past week and have commands to and from the thermostat. So, getting closer.

Today I had a nasty surge event at my house and lost 10 Insteon switches, an RF linc and a Filterlinc. More details in this thread. Lucky for this plugin my venstar 1800 w/adapter and my SH 2441TH both seem to still work ok

Anyway, the point of this post is that I'm still shooting for the first week in March barring any other acts of nature... I've lost a bit of dev time, and a bit of sanity, oh and most of the feeling in my fingertips from playing electrician all day but I'm still on the job.
                  HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)

Comment

Any chance of a beta?

Any chance of releasing a beta for this (I realize its still work in progress). Just simply being able to see current state and temp would be a huge welcome improvement over not having any functionality right now.

Thanks for considering.
                    HS 3.0.0.199 Pro/Insteon 3.0.5.20/3 Venstar Insteon Therms / Insteon Thermostat 3.0.2.2 / DirecTV 3.0.0.14 / OpenSprinkler 2.0.5.21 / ITunes DAAP 3.0.0.23/ UltraM1G3 3.0.5437.37424/ UltraWeatherbug3 /HSTouch Svr 3.0.0.68/Zwave 3.0.1.25/Ultramon3/Global Cache 5.0.0.17/Various BLXXX Plugins.

Comment

Thanks for checking in. I am working on this as we speak and making good progress. Sorry this has taken a bit longer than I wanted. As soon as I have all the core functionality working I will release a licensed version of this to my own site with an updated_override you can use to download and install it - much the same as any plugin from the HS3 updater. That will start a 30 day trial countdown before purchasing a license is needed so I want to get it as functional as I can. I will follow up with docs etc. after that initial beta release.

More to come soon.
                      HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)

Comment

Release Beta very soon

Folks - thanks for standing patiently by. I've had a very productive long weekend and am happy to say that I believe all core functionality is working. The last bits I need to implement are the custom trigger(s) and action(s) then do testing with them. Of course full docs etc. are needed but I'll work on that AFTER I get you all a first version to use!

As reference, I've been developing with the following thermostats:
                        • Smarthome 2441TH (wired devcat 050B firmware D)
                        • Smarthome 2441ZTH (wireless devcat 050A firmware D)
                        • Venstar 2441V adaptor (devcat 0503 firmware 95)

I'm really glad I had all of these to work with as I was able to see some small and some sizable differences amongst them, especially the 2441ZTH wireless.

My plan is to get v3.0.0.0 (first release) out on my own server and then provide you with the updater_override.txt so you can pull it down into HS3 in a normal fashion. I'll also be working with HST to get it into the product catalog and in the regular updater shortly afterwards. A hopeful ETA is middle to late this coming week. Look for a new topic post in this forum.

It's been a long haul. I really want to thank Tom Christian (Sage for HS2) and Mark Sandler (Insteon plugin) for all their invaluable help! Bravo
                        HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)

Comment

Posting a reply to this thread for those that might be monitoring it.

I released v3.0.0.0 (beta) earlier this week and v3.0.0.1 (beta) yesterday.

I'm currently working on the triggers/actions and hopefully will have a v3.0.0.2 out this weekend.
                          HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)

Comment

Working...
                          X