Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nfrobertson
    replied
    Looks like we have some more debugging to do. Thanks for the info you provided, every bit helps. Now that debug is turned on, please stop and restart HS3. Then exercise one instance of each issue (the up/down setpoints, the web status page, etc.) and then repost the debug log. There should be more information to see in there as those issues happen.

I have a VenstarT1800 but with the 2441V adapter underneath. I looked for the integrated units hoping to obtain one but found they were discontinued and apparently hard to come by. I do see the firmware is 93. The latest is 95. I have no idea how that will impact the thermostat behavior but I'd think it should be ok.

As for the IF conditions, I have only this week switched to HS3 as my "production" server. I'm finding that some of the event conditions may not work correctly. In my case it's the "time is nighttime" as a condition after a plugin trigger. Not sure if you might be running into the same type issue. I will need to do more testing here trying to replicate similar event structures to what you're attempting and see how HS3 behaves.

I have a family event tonight so I may or may not be able to get to this before Wednesday but will try.

Leave a comment:

• swanie2000
    replied
    Originally posted by nfrobertson View Post
    How fast are you pushing the buttons or triggering your events? There is a certain amount of time the Insteon network needs to transmit and acknowledge both the cool setpoint up and then separately the heat setpoint up. If you do it too fast then I've seen what you described as "missing" a value or two as the thermostat reports a value back to the plugin which can be in conflict, timing wise, with what you've attempted to set. What I can recommend is to be deliberate and not too fast with these. Turn on the debug setting in the config and look at the log to see if you can make better sense of what is happening.

It sounds like you've only connected one of your two VenstartT1800?

Does your VenstartT1800 have the external 2441V adapter under it? Or is this one of the discontinued Venstar with the internal Insteon support?

On the config page under the name of the thermostat, what is in the square brackets [xxxx,x,x] ?

The second part of your posting, I believe you are saying that you are getting an error when selecting the status webpage? Maybe you can upload your debug log? It's under your HS3\Logs directory? Do you have an HVAC unit created and associated with your thermostat?
    I push the button on the keypad, it lights up and sends the on signal to HS3.
    HS3 then fires the event, and updates the set points, then after it has done all that, HS3 sends the off command to that buttons light.

SO I push the button, and wait until HS3 turns off the button again, before trying to push it again. If I push the button again too fast, while the button is still on, then I would be sending an off command, which will not do anything.

I understand HS3 is sending these commands back to back without much delay. I originally wanted to just send one command at a time, and have 4 separate events. But I couldn't figure out how to have HS3 test what mode the thermostat was in, or if I needed to know what mode the HVAC unit was in.

For example, I tried to have HS3 do something like this:
    IF master bedroom controller button 8 temp up changes and becomes on
    and IF upstairs thermostat is in cool mode
    THEN increment the upstairs cool set point up one degree.

I could build 4 events like this,(plus another 4 events for the downstairs unit) but no matter how I configured it, I was not able to get HS3 to respect the second IF command? It is all a big learning experience, I am probably doing something wrong, but I couldn't get it to work so I settled on just doing both things at once.

I do have both thermostats installed, I am just messing with the upstairs unit because it is much closer to my computer room, and once I get the upstairs unit to work with my head board controller, it will be easy to duplicate it for the living room controller.

I have the discontinued units I guess. Didn't know it was discontinued until you mentioned it, but it figures. My Venstar T1800 units DO NOT have the piggy back unit under the thermostat. They have a small board built onto the back of the main board internally. I purposely bought the integrated units, as I think they look nicer, without some clunky adapter hanging on it.

Both of my thermostats have this code:
    [050E,93,1]

See below pictures.... and I also included the log file at the bottom.
    No hurry, it is late for me, I will get back to this tomorrow after work.
    Thanks for taking the time to help sort this out.

Michael
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• nfrobertson
    replied
    How fast are you pushing the buttons or triggering your events? There is a certain amount of time the Insteon network needs to transmit and acknowledge both the cool setpoint up and then separately the heat setpoint up. If you do it too fast then I've seen what you described as "missing" a value or two as the thermostat reports a value back to the plugin which can be in conflict, timing wise, with what you've attempted to set. What I can recommend is to be deliberate and not too fast with these. Turn on the debug setting in the config and look at the log to see if you can make better sense of what is happening.

It sounds like you've only connected one of your two VenstartT1800?

Does your VenstartT1800 have the external 2441V adapter under it? Or is this one of the discontinued Venstar with the internal Insteon support?

On the config page under the name of the thermostat, what is in the square brackets [xxxx,x,x] ?

The second part of your posting, I believe you are saying that you are getting an error when selecting the status webpage? Maybe you can upload your debug log? It's under your HS3\Logs directory? Do you have an HVAC unit created and associated with your thermostat?

Leave a comment:

• swanie2000
    replied
    OK,
    I have two Venstar T1800 thermostats. I had to pull the unit off the wall to get the model number off the back. There is a small piggy back board hooked up to the back, with smartlabs name on it, the insteon address, REV 2.30, and 3111 on the sticker. I am not 100% sure about the downstairs thermostat, as I only took the upstairs unit off the wall, it was closer. I bought them both at the same time, so they should be very similar.

YES, if you click the little + & - buttons on the home screen, the thermostat will display the newly incremented number.

The HS3 home page will also update, and show the newly incremented number.

Also, if you push the button up & down on the thermostat, HS3 home page will also update accordingly.

I am having mixed results today. I set the thermostat to auto so I could see both set points. Then I triggered my TEMP-UP event, 4 times. the heat set point was correct, but the cool set point was two counts short.(missed 2)

I came back to the HS3 home page, and clicked the cool set point up 1 and down one. Then back on the thermostat, it was correct?

On another possible unrelated note, when I click on thermostat status, I get this error: One error for upstairs and one error for downstairs.

Error rendering thermostat for Upstairs - Argument 'Index' is not a valid value.

I will turn on "debug" in my setup.

Leave a comment:

• nfrobertson
    replied
    I ran a similar test by creating two events, one up and one down for both setpoints like you did. I made the trigger manual for simplicity sake but it's the action being taken that we care about here.

When I run either event I can see the HS3 cool and heat devices go up or down appropriately and I can also see my SH 2441 TH thermostat cool/heat setpoints also go up or down. I set the mode to Auto so I can see both setpoints change. However, I also tried another test where I set the mode to Off and then ran the up event five times. The HS3 devices did change. I waited about 10 minutes (Insteon network traffic etc.) and then switched the thermostat mode back to Auto and sure enough the values were set.

Below is screen capture of the test events and of the log showing one run up and down.

What type of thermostat are you controlling?

Have you turned on the Debug logging on the config page so you can see more detail in your log?

Leave a comment:

• swanie2000
    replied
    Originally posted by nfrobertson View Post
    I will test this after work. Until then, a couple questions.

I assume from the Home screen you can locate those setpoint devices and exercise the + and - control buttons and they work correctly? Meaning, press + and the setpoint increases on the HS3 device and on the thermostat too?

Can you also confirm for me that you are receiving updates back from the thermostat: temp, humidity (if equipped) and button presses like mode or temp up/down ?

Very good points. I will double check these two things, and report back.
    I Won't be home for about another 10 hours. I'll let you know...

Leave a comment:

• nfrobertson
    replied
    I will test this after work. Until then, a couple questions.

I assume from the Home screen you can locate those setpoint devices and exercise the + and - control buttons and they work correctly? Meaning, press + and the setpoint increases on the HS3 device and on the thermostat too?

Can you also confirm for me that you are receiving updates back from the thermostat: temp, humidity (if equipped) and button presses like mode or temp up/down ?

Leave a comment:

• swanie2000
    started a topic Temp + & - don't seem to work

Temp + & - don't seem to work

VER 3.0.0.2
    VER 3.0.0.68 HS3

The Upstairs Heat set point, and the Upstairs Cool set point as seen here from a cut out of my home page (first picture)

Both Set Point values step up and both Set Point values step down when I run the event below(second picture). The home screen updates, and the values change correctly.

The problem is that the thermostat doesn't actually move it's set points up or down, as you would expect, as view from the wall display unit (WDU).

Is there something I am doing wrong?
    Attached Files
Working...
X