HStouch - Not seeing my insteon thermostats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HStouch - Not seeing my insteon thermostats

In hstouch I only have one insteon thermostat listed when I go to add a thermostat (but have 3 configured in HS). Also the name isn't jiving with anything I have configured in hs (Insteon Thermostat Master Program 1 Current Mode Setting) and the values are not reflecting thermostat valudes - so assuming this isn't yet working. Please advise.
    HS 3.0.0.199 Pro/Insteon 3.0.5.20/3 Venstar Insteon Therms / Insteon Thermostat 3.0.2.2 / DirecTV 3.0.0.14 / OpenSprinkler 2.0.5.21 / ITunes DAAP 3.0.0.23/ UltraM1G3 3.0.5437.37424/ UltraWeatherbug3 /HSTouch Svr 3.0.0.68/Zwave 3.0.1.25/Ultramon3/Global Cache 5.0.0.17/Various BLXXX Plugins.

I would say that's probably the case. I haven't begun to use HSTouch with my HS3 installation. I believe Tom had HSTouch working with his HS2 Sage plugin so I will endeavor to get this working as well.

I appreciate if you can describe what you are trying to implement with HSTouch and what does or doesn't seem to be working. I'll do what I can get this working.
    HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
    Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
    Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
    Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
    http://www.kazteel.com/

Comment

Thanks a lot for offering to help. What I am trying to do is a ad thermostats through the HS touch interface. When you select thermostat to add it will give you a list of the available thermostats. In this case it should provide me a list of free with the thermostat names. Then the HS touch interface will create the association's to the various variables in controls automatically. Right now its not showing the correct thermostat options. To be able to replicate the issue just load HSTouch, connect to your server, go to the defaults template and regulate thermostat into the screen. From there it should automatically prompt you to select a thermostat . I'm driving so I'm doing this via voice recognition but can send screenshots if needed when I get home tonight. Thanks again for all of your help. Toby

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
      HS 3.0.0.199 Pro/Insteon 3.0.5.20/3 Venstar Insteon Therms / Insteon Thermostat 3.0.2.2 / DirecTV 3.0.0.14 / OpenSprinkler 2.0.5.21 / ITunes DAAP 3.0.0.23/ UltraM1G3 3.0.5437.37424/ UltraWeatherbug3 /HSTouch Svr 3.0.0.68/Zwave 3.0.1.25/Ultramon3/Global Cache 5.0.0.17/Various BLXXX Plugins.

Comment

I've downloaded the HSTouch Designer/Windows client for HS3. I've had HSTouch and HSTouchPad installed on my iOS devices for a long time but didn't do much more than drill down to individual devices via the default layout. So, now I need to wade into the docs and spend some quality time in the HSTouch forum then see if I can get my Insteon Thermostat plugin playing nice with HSTouch. I did come across a reference to one HS device that Tom had to create in his Sage HS2 plugin for smooth HSTouch integration and I'm pretty sure I haven't yet created that via my plugin. There were also changes to the "Thermostat API" with HS3. Not sure how much of that will play into getting this to work as desired. I'll post back when I know more. Thanks.
        HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
        Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)

Comment

I think I understand what is happening now. I'm working on the next release which I intend to include HSTouch support. It will also require some adjustments in the device types and the parent/child relationships. I'll post more when I have it.
          HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)

Comment

I just released 3.0.0.5. It will update several of the thermostat HS3 devices and adjust the relationships to better align with the Thermostat API and thus better support HSTouch.

I've been able to use the built in Default Skin Thermostat templates with some success. I also have released an updated Insteon template similar to what Tom had with his Sage plugin. See the sticky in the forum on how to get that. I'm still fighting with the temp showing as 0. To work around that using designer, I can update the status tracking to instead follow the HS device temp and that works. Same trick is used to support Humidity and an External temp if you have that option installed.

Hope this helps.
            HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)

Comment

Working...
            X