Heat / Cool time showing blank or null

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heat / Cool time showing blank or null

Thanks for working on the hstouch functionality! Really appreciate it. Confirmed the 3 thermostats are now showing up in the designer, and also having the problem noted in your post about temp values showing 0.

Also having a few other issues in relation to Heat time and Cool times... For one thermostat (Venstar T1700 I am showing heat time as :1.0.0.6 and cool time is null. Resetting from the plugin status page doesn't resolve it. The other 2 haven't run at all, so I am not sure at the moment if they're experiencing the same problem or not (Heat time shows 00:00 and Cool Time shows nothing... (Venstar T1700 and T1800))

Best regards,
    Toby
    HS 3.0.0.199 Pro/Insteon 3.0.5.20/3 Venstar Insteon Therms / Insteon Thermostat 3.0.2.2 / DirecTV 3.0.0.14 / OpenSprinkler 2.0.5.21 / ITunes DAAP 3.0.0.23/ UltraM1G3 3.0.5437.37424/ UltraWeatherbug3 /HSTouch Svr 3.0.0.68/Zwave 3.0.1.25/Ultramon3/Global Cache 5.0.0.17/Various BLXXX Plugins.

I moved this out to it's own thread as this sounds like it might be an issue that requires some testing and back/forth.

The HVAC cool and heat times should always show, at least with 00:00 or some positive time value. A blank or null sounds like an issue. Can you post a screen shot?

A good first step would be to delete just the cool or heat device with the blank/null time and then stop/start the plug-in to have it recreate the device. Then we can see if it comes back ok or still blank/null.
    HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
    Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
    Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
    Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
    http://www.kazteel.com/

Comment

Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner. Still having the problem. Tried deleting and letting it recreate. Still having the issue.

Also it appears to be getting some errors and not properly setting the temp using my events. Ill do some research and give you more details asap.

In the mean time, here is a screenshot of the devices and values (note the incorrect values for run time for heat, cool, and maintenance.

Thanks,
      Toby
      Attached Files
      HS 3.0.0.199 Pro/Insteon 3.0.5.20/3 Venstar Insteon Therms / Insteon Thermostat 3.0.2.2 / DirecTV 3.0.0.14 / OpenSprinkler 2.0.5.21 / ITunes DAAP 3.0.0.23/ UltraM1G3 3.0.5437.37424/ UltraWeatherbug3 /HSTouch Svr 3.0.0.68/Zwave 3.0.1.25/Ultramon3/Global Cache 5.0.0.17/Various BLXXX Plugins.

Comment

One other question - when I go to plugins/insteon thermostat/insteon thermostatat status, I can see the heat and cool setpoint values on your grid view. However, there is no heat or cool setpoint device created as a HS device. Not sure if this was just missed or is a bug?

Also, when I change the Thermostat program (only place I tried was via the device dropdown) it is changing the thermostat mode correctly (cool/heat/off), but not the heat/cool set point.

Thanks again for your help.

Comment

Sorry for the delay responding. Was on vacation with family and now dealing with some post-vacation illness. Anyway, I'm looking into this today. Not sure how far I'll get as this is Easter weekend but this is top of my HS3 work list.

Nathan
          HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
          Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)

Comment

Attached to this post is an unreleased v3.0.0.8. You'll need to stop HS3 or at least stop the Insteon Thermostat plugin from the PLUGINS->Manage page. Then unzip and copy the exe file to your HS3 directory and restart.

I was able to reproduce a negative maintenance counter by not setting the maintenance hours on the config page for the HVAC. I haven't been able to reproduce an HVAC heat/cool device with blank/null value as you've shown.

Changes in this unreleased v3.0.0.8
            • added additional protections around the HVAC counter adjustments code. We should be able to see if exceptions are happening when adjustments are made - like when RESET is pushed or when heat/cool stops and the HVAC counters are updated.
            • better handling when HVAC is created on the config page but no hours are set. Now will default to a 0 and the adjustment code will default to 0 if it's missing.
            • on HS3 devices, now there is a plugin specific page that will show what PED data has been stored. This will be helpful in debugging the blank/null HVAC counter issue

It looks like you are also somehow missing the Thermostat Heat and Cool Setpoint HS3 devices? Normally, if they can't be found at plugin startup they will be created or at least some error should be logged. These devices are critical to the operation of the plugin so if they are truly missing I'm not surprised that events, thermostat updates and the status page are not working correctly.
            • What version of HS3 are you running?
            • Are you running a single instance HS3 installation all on the same computer?
            • Could these devices somehow be hidden?
            • Did you make any changes via the device interface? That should be ok but I'm just not sure why they are not showing.
            Attached Files
            HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)

Comment

I released 3.0.0.8 today with the changes already documented here plug one bug fix another user found. You can use the normal updater process to install it.
              HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)

Comment

Working...
              X