Can't use program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't use program

I am getting the following error when I call for a program with heat setpoint 55 and cool setpoint 79.

SetHeatSetpoint: Heat Setpoint has to be within the low/high bounds as configured and less than the cool setpoint

Even though the heat bounds are 30/125 and the heat setpoint I am setting is 55.

Thoughts?

-BD

I put in the same settings as my Sage plugin on HS2 and I am getting the same error.

Bounds:
    Temperature: 30 - 125
    Heat Setpoint: 45 - 75
    Cool Setpoint: 65 - 85
    Humidity: 0 - 100

My program call is "Day" and it has the heat setpoint at 55 and cool setpoint at 79, with Mode and Fan as "don't set".

Any idea?

-BD

Comment

The general check is supposed to be keep the plugin from setting conflicting heat/cool values that would cause the furnace to cycle. If you're not setting the Mode with the program, what mode is the thermostat in when you attempt to set it to this program?
      HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
      Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
      Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
      Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
      http://www.kazteel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by nfrobertson View Post
        The general check is supposed to be keep the plugin from setting conflicting heat/cool values that would cause the furnace to cycle. If you're not setting the Mode with the program, what mode is the thermostat in when you attempt to set it to this program?
        The thermostat is in Cool mode.

As I mentioned, I copied over the bounds values from the Sage Insteon plugin I have working in HS2, but I still get the error. Obviously, something changed in translation. I am not even setting the Heat Setpoint. Can you please check the code and see why I am getting this error?

Somewhat separately, though related: In my opinon, the plugin should give you the option of setting just the cool setpoint. I am only running air conditioning most of the year, so I only change cool setpoints in general. The plug-in should allow blank heat setpoints, then when the when the program is called, just send what is different.

-BD

Comment

The plugin does allow just a Cool SetPoint in a program (or just a Heat SetPoint)

There is logic to skip setting a Heat SetPoint if the program mode is Cool and vice versa. I'll have to check to see if there's unexpected behavior if you are not setting the Mode in the program.

I think a quick fix in your Day program is to blank out the Heat SetPoint and set the Mode to Cool in the program. Let me know if that works for you.
          HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
          Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)

Comment

There was a bug with the cool setpoint handling during the SetProgram call. I was able to reproduce your issue as described, found and fixed the bug. Retest shows it works now. I released v3.0.0.8 that includes this fix.

Sorry about the confusion. Best of luck

Nathan
            HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)

Comment

Originally posted by nfrobertson View Post
              There was a bug with the cool setpoint handling during the SetProgram call. I was able to reproduce your issue as described, found and fixed the bug. Retest shows it works now. I released v3.0.0.8 that includes this fix.

Sorry about the confusion. Best of luck

Nathan
              Sweet - thanks!

-BD

Comment

Working...
              X