Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change to Celsius

Hi
    my thermostat is set to use Celsius as i dont leave in the State.
    where and how can i change it on your plugin?
    thanks

Which thermostat do you have?
    HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
    Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
    Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
    Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
    http://www.kazteel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by nfrobertson View Post
      Which thermostat do you have?
      i got the insteon wireless thermostat model 2441ZTH

Comment

Let me look into it this weekend. I don't want to answer off the top of my head without looking at the code. Thanks for confirming which thermostat you have. There are slight differences between them so knowing helps.
        HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
        Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)

Comment

The thermostat it's set to use Celsius and does display in celsius.
          the HS is configured in Celsius but your plugin is displays in F.
          I can't find where can I change it in your plugin?

if i go into the config in the plugin and under insteon flags i change from F to C i get this:
          Invalid Insteon Flags. Must be HEX numeric format (0-F)Conversion from string "C" to type 'Byte' is not valid.

does your plugin use the homeseer's temperature scale?
          Last edited by ez1976; June 13th, 2014, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Specific to the 2441ZTH (Smarthome Wireless) the plugin relies on the thermostat to tell it which units are being used so that it can correctly interpret the reply from the polling commands used at startup. I found a bug in the interpretation of the flag byte so Celsius vs. Fahrenheit wasn't being handled correctly. I posted an updated 3.0.0.9. Please give that a try. It was interesting to see, that the initial startup showed as F due to this bug but if I waited for an actual temp change, it would come across correctly in Celsius. Different command/broadcast that didn't need the F vs C interpretation.

You'll also want to adjust your bounds to more appropriate settings for Celsius. For the 2441ZTH I use 35 to 97 F as testing showed those were the maximum values supported by the thermostat itself. That translates roughly into 2 to 36 for Celsius.

On your other points - the Insteon flags value has nothing to do with F vs C. That has to do with the number of hops the command can take represented by a hex value. Generally you don't want to mess with that although I need to look at why it didn't accept C as that is a valid hex value.

No, I don't specifically pay attention to the HomeSeer configured F vs. C. Each of the thermostat devices supported could be configured differently so I rely on the values from the thermostats themselves. This is similar to how the Sage plugin also worked as I recall.
            HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)

Comment

Hey mate.
              well i upgraded to 3.0.0.9 but i still see it in F

your call

Comment

Please be sure to turn on debug logging then stop and restart the plugin from the Managed->Plugins page. Let the plugin run for a while so temp updates are made, in addition to the plugin startup polling. Then take a look in C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Logs\InsteonThermostatDebug.log and upload the log file.

On the config page, thermostats tab, can you also let me know what it says in the Name column, specifically the values in the square brackets [ ]
                Last edited by nfrobertson; June 13th, 2014, 08:07 PM.
                HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)

Comment

Did as you requested.
                  here is the log
                  http://pastebin.com/AdgWPKzB

it is still in Fahrenheit.
                  the name that appears is:
                  Children's Large Room
                  [???,FFFFFFFF,2]

Comment

The config page info tells me that it hasn't figured out what device category and firmware your thermostat is yet. Without that it can't tell what type of thermostat it's talking to.

[???,FFFFFFFF,2]

The snip of your log below shows the commands to determine devcat and firmware were sent out (the 2 transmit commands) but I don't see their reply. Is this as far as the plugin got? Did you leave it running for a while?
                    14/06/2014 12:35:57 ~ Insteon Thermostat ~ INFO ~ Insteon PLM address = 1E.CB.3E
                    14/06/2014 12:36:03 ~ Insteon Thermostat ~ INFO ~ Registered Insteon Thermostat Children's Large Room with address: 20.4B.B0
                    14/06/2014 12:36:03 ~ Insteon Thermostat ~ TEST ~ Request protocol and devcat for Children's Large Room
                    14/06/2014 12:36:03 ~ Insteon Thermostat ~ DEBUG ~ TransmitInsteon: [Children's Large Room] [0F] [0D] [00]
                    14/06/2014 12:36:03 ~ Insteon Thermostat ~ DEBUG ~ TransmitInsteon: [Children's Large Room] [0F] [10] [00]
                    14/06/2014 12:36:35 ~ Insteon Thermostat ~ INFO ~ Children's Large Room protocol = 2
                    Here's an example from my dev system where I've started up the v3.0.0.9 plugin talking to one wireless 2441ZTH. You can see once the response from the first two commands comes back that it then polls for additional information and that's where the Celsius bug came up. I still have this 2441ZTH in Celsius mode

6/14/2014 1:01:24 PM ~ Insteon Thermostat ~ INFO ~ Insteon PLM address = 23.9A.FC
                    6/14/2014 1:01:26 PM ~ Insteon Thermostat ~ DEBUG ~ Initializing...
                    6/14/2014 1:01:26 PM ~ Insteon Thermostat ~ INFO ~ Registered Insteon Thermostat Wireless with address: 22.0E.C9
                    6/14/2014 1:01:26 PM ~ Insteon Thermostat ~ TEST ~ Request protocol and devcat for Wireless
                    6/14/2014 1:01:26 PM ~ Insteon Thermostat ~ DEBUG ~ TransmitInsteon: [Wireless] [0F] [0D] [00]
                    6/14/2014 1:01:26 PM ~ Insteon Thermostat ~ DEBUG ~ TransmitInsteon: [Wireless] [0F] [10] [00]
                    6/14/2014 1:01:26 PM ~ Insteon Thermostat ~ INFO ~ Wireless protocol = 2
                    6/14/2014 1:01:27 PM ~ Insteon Thermostat ~ INFO ~ Wireless devcat = 050A
                    6/14/2014 1:01:27 PM ~ Insteon Thermostat ~ INFO ~ Wireless version = D
                    6/14/2014 1:01:27 PM ~ Insteon Thermostat ~ DEBUG ~ TransmitInsteon: [Wireless] [1F] [2E] [00] ((([00] [00] [00] [00] [00] [00] [00] [00] [00] [00] [00] [00] [00] [00])))
                    6/14/2014 1:01:30 PM ~ Insteon Thermostat ~ DEBUG ~ TransmitInsteon: [Wireless] [1F] [2E] [00] ((([00] [00] [09] [00] [00] [00] [00] [00] [00] [00] [00] [00] [00] [00])))
                    6/14/2014 1:01:33 PM ~ Insteon Thermostat ~ DEBUG ~ Thermostat reports: Button Beep DISABLED
                    6/14/2014 1:01:33 PM ~ Insteon Thermostat ~ DEBUG ~ Thermostat reports: Temp Format = Celsius
                    6/14/2014 1:01:33 PM ~ Insteon Thermostat ~ DEBUG ~ Using Temp Format = Celsius
                    6/14/2014 1:01:33 PM ~ Insteon Thermostat ~ INFO ~ Wireless Temp = 26
                    6/14/2014 1:01:33 PM ~ Insteon Thermostat ~ INFO ~ Wireless Ext.Temp = 22
                    6/14/2014 1:01:33 PM ~ Insteon Thermostat ~ INFO ~ Wireless Humidity = 19
                    6/14/2014 1:01:33 PM ~ Insteon Thermostat ~ INFO ~ Wireless Battery level = 4
                    HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)

Comment

OK
                      so how can i make him find out what device is the thermostat?
                      it did recognize it when i binded it to the homeseer.
                      and it does display the temperature so it is talking to it.

Comment

The help documentation for this plug-in has been on my TODO list for a while now. I've pulled together a first rough draft that you can access online HERE

http://www.kazteel.com/HomeSeer3/Ins...stat_help.html

If you would rather pull this help down to your system and read it then you can pull down the zip file with it online HERE

http://www.kazteel.com/HomeSeer3/Ins...THERMOSTAT.zip

Please review the config section. Make sure you did not register the thermostat inside Mark's Insteon plugin. If you did you will need to delete it from his plugin.
                        HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)

Comment

Thanks
                          i re-register the device and let see if it will register it.

say, can i link the fan mode to a fanlinc? that way i can play around with the ceiling fan?

Comment

The fan mode on the thermostat is either Auto or On. In auto mode the HVAC hardware (not virtual in plug-in) turns on the fan when call for cool/heat is made but the Fan mode in the plug-in remains showing as Auto. Unfortunately I'm guessing this doesn't give you the control you'd want to turn a ceiling fan on/off along with the thermostat.

A better option is probably to track the device value of the HVAC Mode in the plug-in. When the thermostat calls for either cool or heat, the HVAC Mode device will change state to that value. You could setup a HomeSeer event based on the HVAC mode value change and use that to control a FanLinc like you suggest.

Back to your wireless 2441ZTH. Are you using this on batteries? Assuming so, there is a known behavior with this specific thermostat that it "goes to sleep" and will not accept commands from external sources. It does this to conserve battery power. There's a thread under the Sage plugin for HS2 where both Tom and I have posted. If possible, using an external power source is the best option, especially during initial setup. What I have found to be the best is one of the small Apple 5V wall transformer plugs for an iPhone (genuine Apple, not sure about knock offs) and a USB cable. Cut the opposite end off the USB cable and you have the +/- connections to use for your 5V external power source for the thermostat. The 2441ZTH seems very picky about the input voltage, too high or low and you can get a very jumpy (rapid changing) humidity reading or if using the external sensor, bad readings from it.

As a work around if you are using batteries, Tom would push the time/sensor button every few seconds to keep the 2441ZTH awake. This is critically important during the initial link setup where the plugin has to link the PLM and the 2441ZTH together for status reporting.

I'm guessing you are using this on batteries and that likely explains why in the log we see the send Insteon commands but no reply and the config page shows [???,FFFFFFFF,] instead of valid values.
                            HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)

Comment

that is correct on the battery issue.
                              i will later tonight push the button all the time and see if it can recognize it.

if it changes to Celsius we are good to go.

i will update later
                              thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X