Normal Insteon TStat not updating status page in HS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Normal Insteon TStat not updating status page in HS3

I recently purchased 4 2441TH TStats and connected them to my HS3 installation using the Insteon Thermostat plugin 3.0.0.9, Mark Sandler Insteon Plugin 3.0.4.4, and HS3 version HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.96 on Windows.

I was able to get the units connected to the system properly, but it looks like the units haven't updated the HS Devices page in over 2 days.

My questions are:

1. How often are the devices reporting to HS3? And shouldn't they be updating the status page?

2. Do I have to set the devices as Scene Controllers? (or Responders?) I didn't do any of this out of the box, but intend to use one of the units to control a FanLinc at some point in the future.

3. On the Config page, Thermostat tab, what does Force Protocol = 2 mean?

4 By default, the General/Log Debug Information checkbox is checked... what does Flags 'F' indicate?

I do apologize if these are newbie questions, but I am a newbie to Insteon.

Thanks!

Tony

These are all good questions.

First, please confirm that you added the thermostats via this Insteon thermostat plugin and not as Insteon devices in Mark's Insteon plugin.

The thermostats should be automatically reporting back to Homeseer as changes occur on them. A good way to check this is to go to one of the thermostats and push the up or down arrows to change the setpoint(s) or push the mode button to change the mode. This should be reflected back rather quickly to Homeseer. If the change is not shown in homeseer, then it is possible that the links necessary for reporting back to Homeseer were not correctly or not fully written to the thermostat when the thermostat was added via the plugin. On the Config page, go to the General tab and make sure the Debug Logging is checked then on the Thermostats tab there are a pair of control buttons to read links and write links. Press the read links on one of them and after a minute check the log. You are looking for several log messages showing the links that allow the thermostat to report back to Homeseer. The information flow is: Thermostat -> Insteon PLM -> Mark's plugin -> Insteon Thermostat plugin -> Homeseer devices updated. If you don't get at least 5 links shown, then you can try the write links option which will repeat the process of establishing the necessary links in the Thermostat to report changes back to Homeseer.

On the config page, the Force Protocol 2 is used for older thermostats that may be reporting protocol 1 but should really be used as Protocol 2. You likely do not need this. Your config page, Thermostats tab should have a little square bracket under the Thermostat name. That will indicate the device category, firmware revision, protocol being used. It would be helpful to check that and report it back here.

Finally the F flag is used for the the Insteon protocol max hops and generally should never be changed.
    HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
    Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
    Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
    Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
    http://www.kazteel.com/

Comment

Nathan... Thanks for your explanation and input. I took a look at everything you suggested, and I did find that 3 of my 4 stats are correct with 5 links. However, one of my stats (Bonus Room) has 7 links, and I'm not sure how to clear out the extra 'bad' links.

I've attached a screenshot of what my links database looks like...

Any thoughts would be appreciated!
      Attached Files

Comment

I would remove it from the plugin and then do a factory reset on it (see manual link) and then re-add it via the plugin to establish the correct links.

http://www.smarthome.com/Manuals/2441TH.pdf
        HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
        Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
        Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
        Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
        http://www.kazteel.com/

Comment

EDIT http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=171422
          Last edited by claude; December 1st, 2014, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X