Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More errors in log

In addition to EZ's errors noted in another thread, I am also getting this:

Insteon Thermostat Error SetCoolSetpoint: Argument 'Index' is not a valid value.

When trying to change a cool setpoint. How to remedy?

-BD

Please provide a bit more information about what you were doing and the values that were current when the error happened:
    • what was the current cool setpoint
    • what was the current temp
    • what was the mode
    • how were you trying to change the setpoint
    • what new value do you believe you were setting the cool setpoint to?
    HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
    Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
    Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
    Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
    http://www.kazteel.com/

Comment

Here is the log output. I have three thermostats (Family, Living, Upstairs). As you can see, the call is for a program, and the Upstairs and Family thermostats update correctly:

Code:
      Sep-07 9:00:25 AM	  	 Insteon Thermostat	 TransmitInsteon: [Thermostat Family] [0F] [6C] [9E]
      Sep-07 9:00:25 AM	  	 Insteon Thermostat	 SetCoolSetpoint: Thermostat Family Cool SetPoint = 79
      Sep-07 9:00:22 AM	  	 Insteon Thermostat	 SetHeatSetpoint: Current and requested heat set points match. No change required.
      Sep-07 9:00:22 AM	  	 Insteon Thermostat	 SetProgram: [Thermostat Family] [Day]
      Sep-07 9:00:14 AM	  	 Insteon Thermostat Error	 SetCoolSetpoint: Argument 'Index' is not a valid value.
      Sep-07 9:00:14 AM	  	 Insteon Thermostat	 SetCoolSetpoint: Thermostat Living Cool SetPoint = 79
      Sep-07 9:00:11 AM	  	 Insteon Thermostat	 SetHeatSetpoint: Current and requested heat set points match. No change required.
      Sep-07 9:00:11 AM	  	 Insteon Thermostat	 SetProgram: [Thermostat Living] [Day]
      Sep-07 9:00:03 AM	  	 Insteon Thermostat	 TransmitInsteon: [Thermostat Upstairs] [1F] [6C] [A0] ((([00] [00] [00] [00] [00] [00] [00] [00] [00] [00] [00] [00] [00] [F4])))
      Sep-07 9:00:03 AM	  	 Insteon Thermostat	 SetCoolSetpoint: Thermostat Upstairs Cool SetPoint = 80
      Sep-07 9:00:00 AM	  	 Insteon Thermostat	 SetHeatSetpoint: Current and requested heat set points match. No change required.
      Sep-07 9:00:00 AM	  	 Insteon Thermostat	 SetProgram: [Thermostat Upstairs] [Day]
      Sep-07 9:00:00 AM	  	 Event	 Event Trigger "Climate Day Program - Weekend"
      The programs have proper values for all the thermostats and programs, so nothing looks funky there. However, I just noticed something missing in the configuration. Under 'Thermostats', my Family thermostat reads: "Thermostat Family [050E,93,1]", and my Upstairs thermostat reads: "Thermostat Upstairs [050B,D,2]", but my Living thermostat (the one with the error) reads: "Thermostat Living [050E,95,]", which is missing the protocol number. I know it is protocol 2. How do I fix this? Should I re-read or re-create the links? Should I click 'Force Protocol = 2'?

-BD

Comment

I assume this was running for some time before this error happened and you noticed the protocol number was missing? I've not seen that happen myself so will have to experiment with it.

In the mean time, the easiest fix would be to stop then restart the plugin from the Manage->Plugins page. That will reestablish communication with it but doesn't have to write links or disrupt any of the config information you've setup. Alternately you could stop and restart HS3 which will cause a plugin refresh.
        HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
        Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
        Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
        Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
        http://www.kazteel.com/

Comment

Working...
        X