Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insteon thermostat - Feature requests

Great job on this plugin!

The plugin already has a counter for cumulative time on heat and/or cold. So I assume, at the end of each heating|cooling period, the plugin adds the elapsed time for the heating|cooling period just finished to the global counter.

Would it be possible to include an extra step? When writing to the log the entry "... turning off HEAT|COLD", it would be great if the plugin appended the elapsed time for that period; for example "... turning off HEAT|COLD after 63 minutes".

I currently extract entries from the log to produce a visual graph of heating|cooling profile. This requested feature would greatly simplify my life.

By the way, this would be a good candidate for a graph, similar to the energy graph. Too bad the energy graph doesn't allow different input parameters: al that would be needed is replacing 'Kwh' by 'minutes On for period'.

I have added a timer on the thermostats as well now so when they call for cold or heat the timer starts and when they turn it off they report the minutes in the log like you've asked for. This is separate from the HVAC counters as those may have multiple thermostats associated to a single HVAC.

Note that once you install the new version 3.0.1.0, the call for cold/heat will have to occur once to start the timer. If cold/heat were already on when the plugin starts then it will simply report the standard turning off message without the minutes.

I hope this helps

Nathan
    HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
    Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
    Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
    Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
    http://www.kazteel.com/

Comment

Just tried it on a short heat On/Off cycle and it works great.

Thanks!

Comment

Is there a way to reset the timers vis a script command?

Comment

In your HS3\scripts directory is a file InsteonThermostat_script_api.vb This file shows examples of script commands the plugin supports. About half way down is a section with the reset script commands which I've shown below.

Code:
              '
              ' HVAC Control Scripting API
              '
              'plugin.PluginFunction("ResetCoolTime", {hvacName})
              'plugin.PluginFunction("ResetHeatTime", {hvacName})
              'plugin.PluginFunction("ResetHeatCoolTime", {hvacName}) ' both in one call
              'plugin.PluginFunction("ResetMaintTime", {hvacName})
          HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
          Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)

Comment

Originally posted by nfrobertson View Post
            In your HS3\scripts directory is a file InsteonThermostat_script_api.vb This file shows examples of script commands the plugin supports. About half way down is a section with the reset script commands which I've shown below.

Code:
                '
                ' HVAC Control Scripting API
                '
                'plugin.PluginFunction("ResetCoolTime", {hvacName})
                'plugin.PluginFunction("ResetHeatTime", {hvacName})
                'plugin.PluginFunction("ResetHeatCoolTime", {hvacName}) ' both in one call
                'plugin.PluginFunction("ResetMaintTime", {hvacName})
            Thank you.

Comment

Attached Files
              HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition
              Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro
              Processor Type and Speed: i7 - 3.26 GHz
              Total Physical Memory: 16Gig

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try to look into this soon.

Nathan
                HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)

Comment

HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)

Comment

Thanks Nathan. When I added the suffix to the device, that suffix was not carried to the Thermostat API.

Plugins: BlBackup | EasyTrigger | FitbitSeer | HSTouchServer | Insteon | WeatherXML

Comment

That was my assumption. I thought only the values were carried into HSTouch via the Thermostat API. I assume they expect you'll just put a label with the degree or percent symbol next to the element with the value.

I did release 3.0.6.3 to the beta updater if you wanted to try it but not required. It adds a general checkbox to add those symbols to new devices so that won't affect your existing ones.

Nathan
                      HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)

Comment

Cool, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                        X