Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to send Insteon commands within the plugin

Nathan,

Defining the 2441TH only within your plugin certainly avoids confusion and possible issues between the thermostat and Insteon plugins.

I just realized one side effect though. With Mark's plugin, I can send discrete device commands (see below), but the 2411TH does not appear as an Insteon device.

Would you consider implementing such an action for your plugin?
    Attached Files

You are correct that I don't expose the thermostat as a device to send arbitrary Insteon commands to. The plugin is developed to send/receive back the necessary Insteon commands to enable the functionality provided.

What commands do you think you'd want to send beyond what the plugin does currently?
    HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
    Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
    Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
    Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
    http://www.kazteel.com/

Comment

I wanted to send an 0x6A command to get the Deadband value (bits 5-6 in cmd2 return).

This is in reference to my post here.

Comment

Claude,

I just posted version 3.0.1.1 to the updater. This version includes UNSUPPORTED updates to the script interface to be able to send arbitrary Insteon commands to the thermostat. When you do, and assuming debug logging is turned on, it will also dump the raw Insteon responses received from that point forward (until plugin restart) so you can inspect the results. Turning on the developer mode checkbox on the Manage Plugins page and restarting this plugin so you can see the console is probably the easiest way to see the results quickly. Alternately you can tail the debug log to watch the results come in.

You can find script interface examples in HS3\scripts\InsteonThermostat_script_api.vb

Again, this is UNSUPPORTED functionality. Sending arbitrary commands to the thermostat doesn't mean the plugin will interpret the results. It will simply dump the raw Insteon received for your research edification.

Hope this helps

Nathan
        HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
        Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)

Comment

Nathan,

Thank for the new functionality. Will install this week end.

You seem to suggest the plugin needs a restart to stop dumping the raw Insteon responses. Would simply turning off debugging not accomplish that?

Comment

You're correct. If you turn off the Debug logs then the raw message output won't go out.
            HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)

Comment

I need a little bit of your help.

Using the new functionality "SendInsteonStandard", I sent a 6A 00 and a 6B 03 and got back 0x28 for both. I eventually realized that I needed to multiply by 0.5 when reading temperature as you do when setting it.

Then I tried to send a 6B 0F to get the temp units as follows:
              TransmitInsteon: [2441TH] [0F] [6B] [0F]
              InsteonRcv (raw): ACK 6B 0F 01 20 47 DD 1E 9E CF 2F 6B 0F
              ACK unhandled cmd1 [6B] cmd2 [0F] raw data [ACK 6B 0F 01 20 47 DD 1E 9E CF 2F 6B 0F]
              InsteonRcv (raw): 01 20 47 DD 1E 9E CF 2F 6B 0F
              I also sent a 6A 40 to get the dead band value as follows:
              SendInsteonStandard: tName=[2441TH] cmd1=[6A] cmd2=[40]
              TransmitInsteon: [2441TH] [0F] [6A] [40]
              InsteonRcv (raw): 01 20 47 DD 1E 9E CF 2F 6A 40
              InsteonRcv (raw): ACK 6A 40 01 20 47 DD 1E 9E CF 2F 6A 40
              ACK unhandled cmd1 [6A] cmd2 [40] raw data [ACK 6A 40 01 20 47 DD 1E 9E CF 2F 6A 40]
              In both previous commands, I see ACK unhandled cmd... and the return cmd2 is basically what I sent. I was expecting 0x01 in cmd2 from the 1st command sent. So, is it the thermostat responding this way?

Comment

Any thoughts?

Comment

The documentation I have for a 2441TH doesn't indicate that 6B 0F or 6A 40 are supported commands. Any unsupported commands are simply echoed back as a "ping" to verify communication. Any other data in that ping reply is undefined as far as I know.

I also checked documentation for the 2441V (venstar Insteon adaptor) and 2441ZTH (wireless) but same thing, 6B 0F or 6A 40 are not documented as supported.

Are you getting these commands from other Insteon documentation?
                  HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)

Comment

Originally posted by nfrobertson View Post
                    ... Are you getting these commands from other Insteon documentation?
                    Hi Nathan,

I was referring to the Insteon Dev Guide (p.136) and assumed those thermostat commands would apply to the Insteon thermostat. I guess not.

Comment

Working...
                    X