Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HSTouch found 'x' Plugins

Nathan,

You might want to check out this thread. In my case, I have the Insteon (Mark's) and Envisalink plugins which do not trigger the HSTouch Server log entry. Only the Insteon thermostat plugin.

Not much feedback from the HS team. Do you see any explanation?

For everything that the Insteon Thermostat plugin Logs, I do a
    hs.WriteLog(msgHeader, msg) The msgHeader is the name of the plugin and possibly the word Error if it's an error log so it shows on the HS3 main dialog box and in the log as an error. msg is simply whatever text I'm trying to log out.

If DEBUG is turned on, I also append the msg to the HS3\Logs\InsteonThermostatDebug.log file and finally out to the plugin console via Console.WriteLine(msg)

I'm not sure how any of that might be interacting with the HSTouch Server plugin?

I am still using HS3.0.0.96
    HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
    Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
    Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
    Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
    http://www.kazteel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by nfrobertson View Post
      ... I'm not sure how any of that might be interacting with the HSTouch Server plugin? ...
      I agree, kind of strange, but systematic with your plugin.

I should open a Bugzilla against HS3, but this bug filing gets tiresome after more than a year of instability.

I disabled the HSTouch server and those log entries went away.

I'll keep it that way until HS cleans up.

Comment

Turn off DEBUG in the Insteon Thermostat Plugin and test for a while. With DEBUG off, the *only* call made when my plugin logs is hs.WriteLog(header, msg) Not sure if that helps anything but at least would narrow it a bit more I guess.
        HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
        Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
        Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
        Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
        http://www.kazteel.com/

Comment

It is already Off. No sweat, HS has been known for strange behaviors; my bets are on HS3/HSTouch

Comment

Working...
          X