No announcement yet.

Logging questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just posted version 3.0.3.2 to the updater which has a Config page setting to turn on/off INFO level logging.

Please install/test when you have time.

Thanks
    Nathan
    HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
    Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
    Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
    Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
    http://www.kazteel.com/

Comment

Thanks Nathan! That was quick. It hasn't shown up in the updater yet, but I will install and test as soon as it is available.

Comment

Do you maybe have the updater_override.txt still in place? I have already updated both my production and development machines using the regular updater process.

Nathan
        HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
        Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)

Comment

Originally posted by nfrobertson View Post
          Do you maybe have the updater_override.txt still in place? I have already updated both my production and development machines using the regular updater process.

Nathan
          No updater_override, but I just tried from my PC vs. IPad browser and the update is showing up now. Maybe some Safari caching issue.

Comment

3.0.3.2 working great Nathan, Thanks!

Comment

I just posted version 3.0.3.2 to the updater which has a Config page setting to turn on/off INFO level logging ...
              Hi Nathan,

As others have mentioned, I too get frequent humidity updates, which for me are not as relevant as program or temperature changes.

If I uncheck "Info" logging, am I right in assuming I will lose program, humidity and temperature change entries, in effect all 'normal' logging?

If so, would it be possible to further break down the 'info' reporting, by offering for example, in addition to debug and raw, the following:
              - temperature info
              - humidity info
              - program change info (would target any other normal logging as a group)

This would be the ideal, but really for me and others I believe, we want to get rid of the humidity change entries. Not so much that it grabs log bytes, but rather that they are noise when searching the log for something.

Comment

Originally posted by claude View Post
                Hi Nathan,

As others have mentioned, I too get frequent humidity updates, which for me are not as relevant as program or temperature changes.

If I uncheck "Info" logging, am I right in assuming I will lose program, humidity and temperature change entries, in effect all 'normal' logging?

If so, would it be possible to further break down the 'info' reporting, by offering for example, in addition to debug and raw, the following:
                - temperature info
                - humidity info
                - program change info (would target any other normal logging as a group)

This would be the ideal, but really for me and others I believe, we want to get rid of the humidity change entries. Not so much that it grabs log bytes, but rather that they are noise when searching the log for something.
                Turning off info logging does appear to get rid of all of the status information from the Tstat's. Like you, humidity was adding a lot of entries to my log. With 3 Tstats, my temperature logging was also fairly chatty. That is a great idea to be able to control what info gets logged. I hope that Nathan can make that work.

Comment

I'm tied up with work through the weekend but will see what I can do here soon. Good suggestions.

Nathan
                  HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)

Comment

I just posted 3.0.3.5 which includes two new checkboxes on the General config tab so you can turn off Humidity and/or Temp updates. This would allow you to leave INFO level on and selectively turn off those pesky Humidity updates if you want.

Nathan
                    HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)

Comment

I just posted 3.0.3.5 which includes two new checkboxes on the General config tab so you can turn off Humidity and/or Temp updates. This would allow you to leave INFO level on and selectively turn off those pesky Humidity updates if you want.

Nathan
                      Thanks, works great so far.

Comment

Also, to be clear, this only turns off the logging of either humidity or temp updates. The actual HS3 device status changes are unaffected. Thought I'd mention in case the question comes up.
                        HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)

Comment

Working...
                        X