Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CharlieWayne
    replied
    Followed your sticky and everything worked out fine. Seems stable so far.

Appreciate your effort and support.

Charlie.

Leave a comment:

• nfrobertson
    replied
    I'm glad you found that. Sorry for the drastic nature of "not starting up" but this name-collision error is significant and I believe at the heart of the recent issues you've encountered. Hopefully you are able to follow that post successfully and resolve the issue.

Nathan

Leave a comment:

• CharlieWayne
    replied
    Ok, so I just seen your sticky on this issue. Why do you always find the answer after you have posted a question. Lol.

http://forums.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=176736

Sent from my HTC One max using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• CharlieWayne
    replied
    Last edited by CharlieWayne; September 29, 2015, 08:05 AM. Reason: Added more info...

Leave a comment:

• nfrobertson
    replied
    Charlie,

I have confirmed there is a startup bug if you have thermostats and HVACs that have the same name. The easiest fix is to use the plugin config page to delete the HVAC. Then stop and restart the plugin. Finally recreate the HVAC with a slightly different name and re-associate it to the correct thermostat.

The new version 3.0.3.2 I just posted to the updater checks both the thermostats and HVACs when you are adding new ones to prevent this name collision in the future.

I hope this helps and sorry for the frustration this bug caused.

Nathan

Leave a comment:

• nfrobertson
    replied
    Originally posted by CharlieWayne View Post
    Also, What is "Force Protocol = 2 ?"
    It's said that on some thermostats their firmware may incorrectly identify them as a protocol 1 when in fact they need to be protocol 2. The plugin queries the thermostat for the protocol to use at startup. Force protocol 2 will ignore the protocol number from the thermostat and use 2 regardless.

Since you've been working up to now it's not something you should need.

Nathan

Leave a comment:

• nfrobertson
    replied
    From your display I believe I can confirm that you have named your thermostats and HVACs the same "2 ton" and "4 ton" correct?

I've been working in another thread with John who had a very similar issue getting those Mode errors and problems with the setpoint + / -. It seems there might be a problem where the same named thermostat and HVAC devices are getting mixed up. That could only happen at plugin restart. Not sure if this is a long standing bug or if it's something that is exacerbated by recent HS3 upgrades. In any case it's a bug I need to squash and will be looking into it soon.

For now, if you remove the HVACs from the config page and delete the HVAC HS3 devices, this should cleanup many of your issues. The only functionality you will lose is the HVAC cool/heat/maintenance counters.

Nathan

Leave a comment:

• CharlieWayne
    replied
    Also, What is "Force Protocol = 2 ?"

Leave a comment:

• CharlieWayne
    replied
    Hello Nathan,

Couple Issue here on the system and I will post Logs Errors. Also found new issues that I didnt find before. Again my system has two Hvac Systems named 2 Ton & 4 Ton.

1) 4 Ton unit will not update its setpoints for heat or cool, BUT 2 ton does. I am running an poll event every 5 mins, tried to restart both your plugin and marks, deleted all of the 4tons HS devices and allowed them to recreate after restart. This is effecting HS Touch and the device references. (Look at HS Devices Q13 & Q14)

4 Ton also lacks the controls (off, heat, cool, auto, etc...) under the 4 Ton Mode HS Device. (Look at Q11 which does not work, VS 2 Ton Q3 which does).

2)Timers display incorrect and are corrected after pressing the reset button on the HS Device. Now I am not sure this value after pressing reset is accurate but its is a correct value format. (Look at Device Q10 in the Device snapshot).

3) Unexpected HVAC Mode. Not sure what this is, but I am using HVAC programs through Events I created. Trigger is Time and Action is Changing your Programs. (Will display the logs below).

Here are some of the Logs that keep showing up. Theres Hundreds of these and I have only posted 1 of each.

Aug-19 12:10:49 AM Insteon Thermostat Error 4 Ton Unexpected HVAC mode Auto when switching HVAC to Off Can't adjust HEAT/COOL timers if mode is not HEAT/COOL.
    Aug-19 12:00:16 AM Insteon Thermostat Error InsteonRcv [ACK 6B 02 01 11 BE 1F 30 DB E2 2B 6B 04] The given key was not present in the dictionary.
    Aug-18 7:22:29 PM Insteon Thermostat Error Problem adjusting HVAC 2 Ton counter MaintenanceInterval device ref 141 to value-2119163138 represented by string -1 : Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• nfrobertson
    replied
    Hi Charlie. I'm sorry to hear about any health issues and do wish you the best in all regards.

Are you referring to DEVCAT type issues still? If so, maybe you can add a polling event which will re-acquire the DEVCAT if it's somehow missing? All my testing shows missing DEVCAT happenes after a HS3 or plugin restart and with possible issues with Insteon network communication.

I've also had several issues lately after HS3 restart with Mark's Insteon plugin throwing an Insteon error at HS3 startup. Not sure if it's just my Insteon network or what. I'm on his latest published version.

Nathan

Leave a comment:

• CharlieWayne
    replied
    Nathan, I've been having issues since we last talked but priorities and health are all upside down right now.

I'll post all my logs and stuff this weekend coming. Sorry for the delay.

Sent from my HTC One max using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• nfrobertson
    replied
    Toby,

Are you really using HS3.0.0.84 like your signature implies. If so you'll want to update to the latest. Assume you're using the latest Insteon plugin from Mark? That requires at least HS3.0.0.152 or newer I believe. I'm running HS3.0.0.181 - EDIT: I see your signature says HS 3.0.0.84 Pro/Insteon 3.0.4.6. I highly recommend upgrading to the latest so we are comparing apples to apples.

Obtaining the protocol, devcat and firmware is something done at the plugin startup. It seems some people have had Insteon communication issues and the broadcast reply with this information doesn't always come back after a HS3/plugin restart. I added a POLL option to the Config->Thermostats page. I would start there. Try the poll on them, one at a time. You should see the information in brackets [ ] under the Thermostat name get filled in. If not, something in the Insteon network communication isn't working.

I assume you'll be able to get these working again by doing the Poll. Once we have that, we'll need to discuss how to better automate this so that these communication failures after restart are handled better.

Nathan

Leave a comment:

• kuntakintay
    replied
    Looks like I may have spoken too soon. I am still having devcat errors. Last night it was just with my garage thermostat, but today it is all 3 of them.

WSPBP: Unable to determine thermostat type, Insteon device category (devcat) is not set yet.
    Error rendering thermostat for East T1 - Unable to determine thermostat type, Insteon device category (devcat) is not set yet.
    Error rendering thermostat for Garage T1 - Unable to determine thermostat type, Insteon device category (devcat) is not set yet.
    Error rendering thermostat for West T1 - Unable to determine thermostat type, Insteon device category (devcat) is not set yet.

Originally posted by kuntakintay View Post

Thanks for reply. Glad you were able to determine root cause of the devcat issue. Just to confirm - I upgraded this am, reset my force protocol 2 on all 3 thermostats, and it appears to now have all 3 thermostats functioning normally now. Great outcome! Ill keep you posted if the issue resurfaces.

Thanks again for your continued support of this plugin.

-Toby

Leave a comment:

• kuntakintay
    replied
    My devcat issues resolved and all 3 therms working correctly now

Thanks for reply. Glad you were able to determine root cause of the devcat issue. Just to confirm - I upgraded this am, reset my force protocol 2 on all 3 thermostats, and it appears to now have all 3 thermostats functioning normally now. Great outcome! Ill keep you posted if the issue resurfaces.

Thanks again for your continued support of this plugin.

-Toby

Leave a comment:

• nfrobertson
    replied
    In your post above about the 5pm 3am 9am. I see the one 3a SetProgram log but no activity in the log you posted after. It's like the 3am program has nothing to set in it. Please attach the full debug log. Can you also post a screen capture of your Config page Programs tab?

Jun-16 3:00:00 AM Insteon Thermostat SetProgram: [4 Ton] [4 Ton AM Settings]
    At the beginning of your post you show a couple errors but the log later doesn't show the error so hopefully with the full log I can get the entire timeline and see what might be happening with that.

Jun-15 9:00:14 AM Insteon Thermostat Error 4 Ton Unexpected HVAC mode Auto when switching HVAC to Off Can't adjust HEAT/COOL timers if mode is not HEAT/COOL.
    Just above the error log message above about unexpected HVAC mode should be another log message like "4 ton switching from ??? to Off" Did that one actually say AUTO to OFF? I'm looking at the code and no where do I set an HVAC HS3 device mode to anything other than COOL, HEAT or OFF. An HVAC HS3 device should not show AUTO as far as I can see and recall. It would be interesting just before this mode change, what was the reported mode of the HVAC device and also if you click into the HVAC device, what is the PED data on the Insteon thermostat tab. That should look something like:

Nathan
    Last edited by nfrobertson; June 17, 2015, 06:39 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X