Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• External probe displays incorrect value below 0 Celsius

Hello,

I was wondering if it would be possible to get the lower temperature values from the external probe to show up correctly in both Fahrenheit and Celsius. Currently all that it shows on my screen (Only when it hits below the 0C) it not longer displays the correct value (for example; if the external probe reads -11F on the thermostat the device Value in HS3 is 244 - which show up blank or unknown to Homeseer.

I've tried playing around with some of the settings but i couldn't get a proper negative value to display (in Fahrenheit or in Celsius).

I'm running;
    > A Hometroller S5 with HS3 (Latest updates installed v.3.0.0.152 WinXp)
    > Using the latest updated version of the Insteon thermostat Plugin provided in HS3
    > Using the Serial Insteon PLM

Thanks,
    Evan G

Which thermostat and model do you have with an external temp probe?

Nathan
    HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
    Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
    Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
    Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
    http://www.kazteel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by nfrobertson View Post
      Which thermostat and model do you have with an external temp probe?

Nathan
      Hello Nathan,

Sorry for the late reply.

The Thermostats i'm currently using are:

> INSTEON 2441ZTH Wireless Thermostat

with the:

> Waterproof Temperature Sensor for INSTEON 2441ZTH Wireless Thermostat

Thanks,
      Evan G

Comment

That's the same setup I have. I moved mine up to the garage freezer and was able to reproduce the incorrect display. I'll work on a fix by this weekend.

Thanks
        Nathan
        HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
        Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)

Comment

Hi Nathan,

This is awesome news, thanks. Can wait to try it out.

Thanks,
          Evan G

Comment

Here's a debug version that should fix the handling of the external temp probe < 0 degrees.

A few notes...

This fix involves detecting when the value needs to be interpreted as a negative. I basically have an unsigned int at the point where I need to set this. So, I am using the Config page Temp Bounds High setting. If the Ext Temp reports a value greater than Config Temp Bounds High (default is 125) then I will interpret the value as a twos compliment negative value which is working as we want it to.

This fix is on the normal client responder Insteon message. I am looking into what appears to be an incorrect ext temp value during polling which uses a different Insteon message to set the ext temp. This isn't a big issue as you'll start getting the normal responder messages and it should then set correctly.

This fix on the client responder message appears to work for both F and C settings. The thermostat appears to send the correct value in either F or C and doesn't need any conversion on the plugin side.

This is a debug version being testing by Charlie in a separate thread for a separate issue. It's compiled against HS3 3.0.0.181 so if you're not up-to-date you might need to upgrade HS3. If not I can't predict the results. I stayed at 3.0.0.96 for the longest time as it was stable for me but I finally needed to upgrade.

http://www.kazteel.com/HomeSeer3/Ins...AT_3_0_2_0.zip

I will eventually release this in the updater with a higher version number (3.0.2.1 ?) so that you can then use that method for the final official release once testing is done.

Nathan
            Last edited by nfrobertson; June 11th, 2015, 07:26 AM. Reason: detect when to use negative
            HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)

Comment

Working...
            X