Errors when increasing/decreasing setpoint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Errors when increasing/decreasing setpoint

I am getting errors in the log when I try and use +/- to increase or decrease the setpoint temperature from the HS3 Device List page.

Aug-15 3:54:51 PM Insteon Thermostat Error SetCoolSetpoint: Cool Setpoint has to be within the low/high bounds as configured and greater than the heat setpoint
    Aug-15 3:54:51 PM Device Control Device: Insteon Thermostats South Hallway Cool to + (251) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
    Aug-15 3:54:48 PM Insteon Thermostat Error SetCoolSetpoint: Cool Setpoint has to be within the low/high bounds as configured and greater than the heat setpoint
    Aug-15 3:54:48 PM Device Control Device: Insteon Thermostats South Hallway Cool to + (251) by/from: CAPI Control Handler

Aug-15 6:15:08 PM Insteon Thermostat Error Error during CAPI request - Arithmetic operation resulted in an overflow.
    Aug-15 6:15:08 PM Device Control Device: Insteon Thermostats North Hallway Cool to + (251) by/from: CAPI Control Handler

If I change the setpoint using the dropdown from the plugin's thermostat status page, it works fine and there are no errors.

HS3 version - 3.0.0.194
    Plugin version - 3.0.2.2

Hmm, I use those + / - off the device home page all the time from my ipad via the webpage.

Is it possible you changed the name of the + or - to something different? Maybe even just adding spaces or underscores maybe trying to make the buttons on the device home page bigger? There is an assumption of matching the literal + or - else it assumes it's a setting coming from HSTouch. If you renamed the + or - it may be using the "status graphic" value of 251 as a setpoint value which won't work.

Nathan
    HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
    Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
    Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
    Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
    http://www.kazteel.com/

Comment

Nathan,

I modified the names of my thermostats, but nothing related to +/- specifically. I also haven't tried to change the size of the buttons or anything. If I look at the Status Graphis tab for either the Cool or Heat device, the Value for + is 251 and the Value for - is 252. Just tried to increment the setpoint from HSTouch and that worked fine.

Comment

I will have to work up a version with more details in those logs to get to the bottom of this. The SetCoolSetPoint method grabs the current cool and heat setpoints, and then checks the requested cool setpoint is within the high/low bounds and that it will be > the heat setpoint. Unfortunately the current logging doesn't give any of the values used in the test so we can't easily see where this may have gone wrong. Give me a couple days as I'm in the middle of other changes that I'll have to save off and back out before giving you a debug copy.

Nathan
        HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
        Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)

Comment

Sounds good Nathan. Let me know if there is anything that you want me to try.

Comment

Ok, please give this a shot. This will install v3.0.3.1 via the Updater. This is needed to install a couple new SQLLite files instead of just dropping in the new .exe file. I'm not ready to release this to the full Updater but it is the version I'm running at home right now.

Obtain the updater_override.txt from
            www.kazteel.com/HomeSeer3/dev/updater_override.txt

Copy this file to your HS3 directory. You may need to provide Admin permissions. For example, copy it to:
            C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3

Then back in HS3, PLUGINS->Manage, Click the Update Listing button. Once done, you should see 3.0.3.1 via the updater. Install it.

After this is installed, you will want to delete updater_override.txt file.

This will provide better logging to help investigate the issue you're having. Here's an example where I just used the - and + to decrease and increase the cool setpoint on my Venstar1800 thermostat (my "production" system)

Code:
            Aug-16 7:49:22 PM      Insteon Thermostat    SetCoolSetpoint: VenstarT1800 Cool SetPoint = 78        
            Aug-16 7:49:22 PM      Device Control    Device: Thermostats Insteon VenstarT1800 Cool to - (252) by/from: CAPI Control Handler        
            Aug-16 7:48:52 PM      Insteon Thermostat    SetCoolSetpoint: VenstarT1800 Cool SetPoint = 79        
            Aug-16 7:48:52 PM      Device Control    Device: Thermostats Insteon VenstarT1800 Cool to + (251) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
            HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)

Comment

Nathan,

It installed 3.0.3.0. It still shows 3.0.3.1 available, but won't update to that version. I am getting several errors in the log now. Here are some examples:

Aug-16 8:50:40 PM Insteon Thermostat Registered Insteon Thermostat Upstairs with address: 14.F7.44
              Aug-16 8:50:39 PM Insteon External device name Upstairs (Address:14.F7.44) has registered as external device #3
              Aug-16 8:50:38 PM Insteon Device Upstairs (14.F7.44) was not found in the externally registered device list.
              Aug-16 8:50:38 PM Insteon Thermostat Error Error creating SQLite table: South Hallway : SQL logic error or missing database near "Hallway": syntax error

Aug-16 8:53:51 PM Insteon Thermostat Error Problem attempting to set North Hallway device Temp to 80 : Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
              Aug-16 8:53:51 PM Insteon Thermostat North Hallway Temp = 80
              Aug-16 8:52:45 PM Insteon Thermostat Error Problem attempting to set North Hallway device Humidity to 42 : Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
              Aug-16 8:52:45 PM Insteon Thermostat North Hallway Humidity = 42
              Aug-16 8:51:38 PM Insteon Thermostat Error Problem attempting to set North Hallway device Temp to 79 : Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Comment

The +/- did increase/decrease the setpoint on the Tstat, but showed errors in the log.

Aug-16 9:13:48 PM Insteon Thermostat Error Problem attempting to set North Hallway device Humidity to 45 : Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                Aug-16 9:13:48 PM Insteon Thermostat North Hallway Humidity = 45
                Aug-16 9:12:46 PM Insteon Thermostat Error Problem attempting to set North Hallway device Cool to 79 : Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                Aug-16 9:12:46 PM Insteon Thermostat SetCoolSetpoint: North Hallway Cool SetPoint = 79
                Aug-16 9:12:46 PM Device Control Device: Insteon Thermostats North Hallway Cool to - (252) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                Aug-16 9:12:43 PM Insteon Thermostat Error Problem attempting to set North Hallway device Cool to 80 : Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                Aug-16 9:12:43 PM Insteon Thermostat North Hallway Cool SetPoint = 80
                Aug-16 9:12:41 PM Insteon Thermostat North Hallway switching from Cool to Off
                Aug-16 9:12:41 PM Insteon Thermostat North Hallway turning off COOL after 2 minutes.
                Aug-16 9:12:39 PM Insteon Thermostat Error Problem attempting to set North Hallway device Cool to 80 : Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                Aug-16 9:12:39 PM Insteon Thermostat SetCoolSetpoint: North Hallway Cool SetPoint = 80
                Aug-16 9:12:39 PM Device Control Device: Insteon Thermostats North Hallway Cool to + (251) by/from: CAPI Control Handler

Comment

Sorry about the extraneous errors. Those are all trapped to keep the SQLLite work isolated if it blows chunks like that.

I'm more interested in the fact that you could update to 3.0.3.0 which is the dev version with initial SQLLite work but not the 3.0.3.1 that I posted out there yesterday with the updated log lines to look at the issue you were having. I did the same upgrade via updater_override and it worked.

Maybe shutdown HS3, restart and try again to update to 3.0.3.1 ?

Also, could you post your HS3\Logs\InsteonThermostatDebug.log so I can see those SQLLite errors and fix them?

I'll look again closely at this when I'm home later today.

Thanks
                  Nathan
                  HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)

Comment

I shutdown HS3, copied updater_override.txt back into my HS3 folder and restarted HS3. I went into manage plugins annd updated the listing. It showed 3.0.3.0 installed and 3.0.3.1 available. I checked 3.0.3.1, and performed the download and install. That process appeared normal and completed, but when it finished, it still showed 3.0.3.0 installed and 3.0.3.1 available.

Do you want the InsteonThermostatDebug.log now, or should we wait until I can get 3.0.3.1 installed?

Comment

If you can post it now I can look at the SQLLite errors.

I"m not sure what to say about the 3.0.3.0 vs 3.0.3.1. Try disabling the Insteon Thermostat plugin. Wait 30 seconds (make sure EXE actually shutdown) and re-enable it then check if it still says 3.0.3.0.

Check the log. Are you sure all the install steps appear successful? There should be a section of the log showing the steps as the install happens and all should be green.

Sorry, I can' really help troubleshoot until I return home later today.

Nathan
                      HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)

Comment

Thanks Nathan,

I disabled the plugin and waited 1 minute, then restarted the plugin. Still 3.0.3.0 installed and 3.0.3.1 available. Here are the log entries from the installation. It looks like the install was successful, but 3.0.3.0 starts up.

Aug-17 7:30:47 AM Insteon Thermostat ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Aug-17 7:30:47 AM Insteon Thermostat Starting Up... Insteon Thermostat plug-in version = 3.0.3.0
                        Aug-17 7:30:47 AM Insteon Thermostat ---------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Aug-17 7:30:47 AM Info Plugin Insteon Thermostat has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:45090
                        Aug-17 7:30:47 AM Updater Re-initializing plugin after update.
                        Aug-17 7:30:47 AM Updater Install/Update of package Insteon Thermostat was successful.
                        Aug-17 7:30:47 AM Updater Extraction Complete.
                        Aug-17 7:30:47 AM Updater Extracting files from zip file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Updates3\Insteon Thermostat3.0.3.1\HTML_IMAGES_INSTEON_THERMOSTAT.zip Destination: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\html\images\INSTEON_THERMOSTAT\
                        Aug-17 7:30:47 AM Updater Extraction Complete.
                        Aug-17 7:30:47 AM Updater Extracting files from zip file: HTML_HELP_INSTEON_THERMOSTAT.zip
                        Aug-17 7:30:47 AM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\InsteonThermostat_script_api.vb
                        Aug-17 7:30:47 AM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Bin\HSPI_INSTEON_THERMOSTAT\SQLite.Interop.dll
                        Aug-17 7:30:47 AM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Bin\HSPI_INSTEON_THERMOSTAT\System.Data.SQLite.dll
                        Aug-17 7:30:47 AM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Docs\HSPI_INSTEON_THERMOSTAT_README.html
                        Aug-17 7:30:47 AM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_INSTEON_THERMOSTAT.exe.config
                        Aug-17 7:30:47 AM Updater Copying file: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\HSPI_INSTEON_THERMOSTAT.exe
                        Aug-17 7:30:46 AM Updater Installing package Insteon Thermostat
                        Aug-17 7:30:46 AM Updater Update HSPI_INSTEON_THERMOSTAT.exe downloaded successfully
                        Aug-17 7:30:45 AM Updater Downloading update: Insteon Thermostat
                        Aug-17 7:30:43 AM Info Plugin Insteon Thermostat with instance: has disconnected
                        Aug-17 7:30:43 AM Insteon Thermostat Close SQLite DB: URI=file:C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\Data\InsteonThermostat.db3
                        Aug-17 7:30:40 AM Updater Plugin is loaded, unloading before updating.
                        Aug-17 7:30:40 AM Updater Starting download of updates

Comment

Nathan,

I attached my debuglog.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Ok, please give it another try. You are correct, the .exe in that zip was still from 3.0.3.0 Ugh. It's now updated and double tested on my production system.

This 3.0.3.1 has updated logging to narrow the issue we are looking into.

I also adding a trimming of whitespace in the SQLLite tablename I'm creating from your thermostats name, definitely more work needed there.

Nathan
                            HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)

Comment

Nathan, I was able to install 3.0.3.1 now. I attached the Debug Log for you. Also, I did a +/- for one of my Tstats. The value did change on the Tstat, and here is what I see in the HS3 log.

Aug-17 6:25:27 PM Insteon Thermostat TransmitInsteon: [South Hallway] [1F] [6C] [A0] ((([00] [00] [00] [00] [00] [00] [00] [00] [00] [00] [00] [00] [00] [F4])))

Aug-17 6:25:27 PM Insteon Thermostat sqliteCmd.CommandText=[INSERT INTO SouthHallway VALUES (1439861127,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,80,NULL,NULL,NULL)]

Aug-17 6:25:27 PM Insteon Thermostat SetCoolSetpoint: South Hallway Cool SetPoint = 80

Aug-17 6:25:27 PM Insteon Thermostat SetCoolSetpoint: South Hallway set cool setpoint to 80 Current cool setpoint = 81 Current heat setpoint = 0

Aug-17 6:25:27 PM Device Control Device: Insteon Thermostats South Hallway Cool to - (252) by/from: CAPI Control Handler

Aug-17 6:25:22 PM Insteon Thermostat TransmitInsteon: [South Hallway] [1F] [6C] [A2] ((([00] [00] [00] [00] [00] [00] [00] [00] [00] [00] [00] [00] [00] [F2])))

Aug-17 6:25:22 PM Insteon Thermostat sqliteCmd.CommandText=[INSERT INTO SouthHallway VALUES (1439861122,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,NULL,81,NULL,NULL,NULL)]

Aug-17 6:25:22 PM Insteon Thermostat SetCoolSetpoint: South Hallway Cool SetPoint = 81

Aug-17 6:25:22 PM Insteon Thermostat SetCoolSetpoint: South Hallway set cool setpoint to 81 Current cool setpoint = 80 Current heat setpoint = 0

Aug-17 6:25:22 PM Device Control Device: Insteon Thermostats South Hallway Cool to + (251) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X