Devices won't create

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Devices won't create

So, after adding the thermostat, I see entries in my log that the devices were created, but the only device is Hold mode. No other devices are created. I can control the thermostat via the plugin status screen just fine. Except for the Hold function. Trying to use the created device also does not control the hold function.

Very strange. Any one else see device not create properly?

So the log says devices were created but you don't see them other than the Program Hold device? Maybe you have filters on the home screen that are not showing them?

You did not add the Thermostat via Mark's plugin correct? You only used the Insteon Thermostat plugin's Config page to add the thermostat? If you did add it to Mark's plugin as an Insteon device you will need to remove it there.

The Hold device is only related to the Programs defined within the Insteon Thermostat plugin. It has no direct control of the Thermostat itself. If you are using the Programs inside the plugin, setting the Hold device to Hold just prevents the Programs from running . Putting it back to Run will allow them to run.

Nathan
    HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
    Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
    Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
    Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
    http://www.kazteel.com/

Comment

Nope pulled all filters from device view. Did a search on the name. Never added them to Mark's plugin directly.

Very odd....

Comment

That is strange indeed. If you are managing the thermostat from the status page - getting temps, maybe humidity readings, able to increase/decrease setpoints etc., then you have to be interacting with the HS3 devices. HS3 devices are the only place that information is stored.

Below is a picture of HS3 devices for a single single thermostat and HAVC.

You could find your HS3\Logs\InsteonThermostatDebug.log and upload that here and we could take a look. I suggest making sure Debug and Info logging are both turned on in the Config page and then stop/start the plugin so we get a full clean startup in the debug log.

Nathan
        Attached Files
        HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
        Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)

Comment

OK, I'll have to chalk this up to user error. I was focused on the filtering of location 1 and location 2. It was actually a filter on the device type. That is usually set to select and it was not..... Thanks for the replies and help.

Comment

Oh good deal. Glad it wasn't some serious mystery bug in the plugin or HS3 - those have happened before...
            HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)

Comment

Working...
            X