DevCat and Links with 5 Thermostats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nathan
    The update was easy. Based on my initial tests, it appears that you have solved the issue. If one of the thermostats is being registered in the Thermostat Plugin during the Kinect init process, it fails to do so and an error is shown in the log (Error registering Insteon Thermostat). However, later on in the process, that failed thermostat registration is repeated and seems to be successful. Init of all thermostats in the plugin completes just fine. You can see this in the following snippet of the log (selected lines): 5 external devices registered from 6 tries. I hope that I deducted this correctly. A more complete HS3 log section is attached.

Nov-05 5:23:54 PM Insteon External device name Master Bedroom (Address:32.FB.30) has registered as external device #5
    Nov-05 5:23:45 PM Insteon External device name Living Room (Address:30.97.6F) has registered as external device #4
    Nov-05 5:23:39 PM Insteon External device name Guest Room (Address:32.F3.D9) has registered as external device #3
    Nov-05 5:23:33 PM Insteon External device name AC (Address:32.F2.11) has registered as external device #2
    Nov-05 5:23:27 PM Insteon External device name Family Room (Address:30.92.5E) has registered as external device #2
    Nov-05 5:23:26 PM Insteon Thermostat Error Error registering Insteon Thermostat AC with address: 32.F2.11 Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute. Service Version: NO_VERSION
    Nov-05 5:23:21 PM Insteon External device name AC (Address:32.F2.11) has registered as external device #1

I have seen the same pattern meaning that the failure and successful repeat sometimes happens with one of the other thermostats, depending of the timing of the Kinect init process. I will do some more testing to see whether this holds. But f you like me to do anything else, please let me know.

The device # sequence in the log is a bit strange but that's just a minor detail.
    Thanks for all your work on this.
    Rene
    Attached Files

Comment

I just uploaded 3.0.3.7. If you can use the updater_override.txt method you can download it. It addresses the issue with the error you still saw: "collection was modified" I traced the issue back and think I have that solved.

http://www.kazteel.com/HomeSeer3/dev...r_override.txt

I appreciate you testing this and letting me know if it proves solid for you across multiple reboots with the kinect plugin.

Thanks
      Nathan
      HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
      Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
      Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
      Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
      http://www.kazteel.com/

Comment

Nathan: I installed and tested version 3.0.3.7. About 1 in 3 HS3 restarts produces errors as the one listed below for 1 or 2 of my 5 thermostats in the same restart. However, the registration process completes with all 5 having DevCat data and everything working fine.

Error registering Insteon Thermostat Family Room with address: 30.92.5E Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute. Service Version: NO_VERSION

I can test more if needed.
        Thanks
        Rene

Comment

Interesting. I added thread protection as well as re-entrant protection in the place where this was happening. I was previously able to cause the error rarely and not at all after my fixes. Maybe I'll have to get the kinect plugin and gather all my thermostats so I have at least 5 on my test system. That will take some doing but worth the effort. Unfortunately I won't be able to start this until maybe some point next week - family matters to attend to this weekend.

I'm glad you're at a point where it self-recovers so you're at least up and running. I'll let you know if I can determine anything more hopefully next week.

Nathan
          HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
          Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)

Comment

I assume you're still occasionally having "Collection was modified" errors? I did hook up my 1 xbox 360 kinect and am running that plugin locally in trial mode. It does a lot of read I/O from the USB port. In your case it's a pair of these doing remote I/O over the network. Not sure if that I/O could be related but I don't have a second one to try with.

So, I went back looking at the Init routine and have made another slight adjustment that I think may help but won't know until you have time to test it. When ready, I've uploaded v3.0.3.8 which you can get via the updater override method you used previously.

http://www.kazteel.com/HomeSeer3/dev...r_override.txt

Nathan
            HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)

Comment

I just posted 3.0.3.9 to the updater override method for something Claude was asking about (poll bug with humidity device). This also has the same Init fix I mentioned in my last post with 3.0.3.8. Neither version are in the public updater. Would like to get some feedback before I release that.

Thanks
              Nathan
              HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)

Comment

Hi Nathan. I will test the latest version and let you know. Yes, currently, I have the same errors reporting but everything recuperates fine.
                Thanks
                Rene

Comment

I installed your updated Insteon Thermostat Plugin Version 3.0.4.1 (saw the update via HomeSeer but let me know if you intended that I test another version). When restarting HS3, I still get the error (Error registering Insteon Thermostat ... Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute. ...) but the init recuperates and my 5 thermostats are registered fine in the plugin.

Probably not a factor, but I also changed the setup of my 2 remote Kinects. Same behavior in either setup. I am using mini desktops now as explained in the following thread:

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread.php?t=177956

If there is a lot of USB activity between the Kinects and the remote client computers, as you mentioned, I assume that it is communicated through the WiFi or LAN connection to HS3 running on the server.

Thanks. Rene

Comment

Natan: Attached is the Insteon Thermostat debug log with the "collection modified" error. I also have debug logging on for Mark's Insteon plugin but no error log was generated.
                    Thanks
                    Rene
                    Attached Files

Comment

Nathan, I forced a log file for the Insteon plugin. The file is attached. Hopefully, this gives you some additional helpful info. Let me know of I can do anything else.
                      Thanks
                      Rene
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hello,

Per our previous thread conversation, I'd like to suggest you take a look at the Sticky post I just submitted about plugin v3.0.4.5. I've added the ability to save the DEVCAT, Firmware and Protocol to the INI file so that this doesn't have to be requested at plugin startup. This may help with your multiple thermostats.

Right now this is only available via the updater_override.txt method as I haven't released it for general use. I will release it after it's had some time to be field tested as well as further testing that I'm doing with it.

Nathan
                        HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)

Comment

Working...
                        X