Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rename Thermostat

I am looking to rename a thermostat
    And I might be setthing this up wrong, so please correct me if I am not using the "titles" correctly, currently, I have the config as follows
    First thermostat
    Name: Apartment Bedroom
    Second Thermostat
    Name: Fred Jrs Bedroom

I need to rename Fred Jrs Bedroom to something else..
    Should I NOT be using the name to indicate location?

if so, what should the name be??
    Using Location for the location makes sense, but then to use the name of... Thermostat..seems redundant??

Thanks
    Fred

Hi Fred,

In HS3, if you look at the Home page Device List, the "Location" in the Insteon Thermostat plugin basically translates to the "Floor" on the Home page. Also on the Home page there is a Room which is set to "Insteon" by the plugin. Finally there is the Name of the device itself which is the final thing you are asking about. You're free to name the thermostats anything you want. I've found people seem to name them either by a type or by a location/purpose. For example, "Venstar1" (a type) or "Upper AC" (location or purpose) It's really personal taste. The Floor/Room can be used to filter the devices on the Home Device List page so you spend most of your time looking at the name you've assigned the thermostat. Again a type or location could be used as you prefer.

Once you have given it a name and configured a thermostat into the plugin the name is locked in. It's used internally to create HS3 devices and keep track of data related to that thermostat.

The way you rename the thermostat is to delete it from the Insteon Thermostat config page, save, then add it back as a new thermostat.

I hope this helps but please feel free to followup with additional questions.

Nathan
    HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
    Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
    Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
    Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
    http://www.kazteel.com/

Comment

Working...
    X