No announcement yet.

Two ways to define Thermostat actions ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two ways to define Thermostat actions ?

I just realized (sorry if I'm late to the party) that there are 2 ways to define an Insteon Thermostat action in an event:
    1- Control device / Select device 'Thermostat Insteon [action]' (ex: set program) / select 'program' (ex: Prog-1)
    2- Insteon Thermostat: [action] (ex: set program) / Thermostat (ex: 2441TH) / Select 'Program'(ex: Prog-1)

I suspect that both ways will result in the same end result for the event.

EXCEPT that if you select a plugin action, example 2 above, as opposed to Control device for an event and if you then copy the event, the event copy will not reproduce the parameters ('2441TH' and 'Prog-1').

I found this behavior to be true for another plugin (Spud's EnvisaLink plugin)

No big thing, but it shouldn't be. The fact that both plugins exhibit the same behavior makes me think this could be outside of the plugin's control, maybe an HS bug?

Nathan - any thoughts?

P.S. I've left a duplicate post in Spud's forum
    Attached Files

This is a good question. I'll have to do some testing and see if I can reproduce and if there's any recourse. Have you found other custom plugins where copying the event does maintain the parameters? If so might not be an HS3 bug but possibly an incomplete API implementation on my part to support the copy event operation? Not sure.

Nathan
    HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
    Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
    Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
    Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
    http://www.kazteel.com/

Comment

Ok, I think I have a handle on why this happened and have included a fix in version 3.0.4.0 which is out there via the updater override method. I hope this is my last version for today If I can get answers back from you and Rene that 3.0.4.0 is solid then I'll release it for the general updater.

http://www.kazteel.com/HomeSeer3/dev...r_override.txt

Short explanation is, an action OR trigger has a UID, sUnique value and, for a configured action/trigger, a data structure that has to be deserialized to see what values had been set. When an event COPY is made, the new one gets its own UID and sUnique values but the previous action/trigger data structure is provided. It was a small bit of code to update to handle this correctly. The base code I started with for HS3 plugin development back in 2013 also had this issue so I can see how other plugins may experience it too.

Nathan
      HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
      Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)

Comment

Using 3.0.4.0, the copy now seems to carry all parameters, but I can't 'close' the event copy (see attachment), suggesting some invalid parameter. When I click each parameter and select an item in the drop list, the event copy still does not want to close.
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks. I have an idea. It may be tomorrow morning before I can give it a shot.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
          HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)

Comment

Ok, I just posted 3.0.4.1 to the updater override.

There are 4 methods dealing with actions and 4 with triggers. I originally thought I could update only the first which deals with building the page you see but one of the others controls whether it will close which is the problem you mentioned. I've now updated the remaining and tested and it appears to work as expected now.

Nathan
            HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)

Comment

Originally posted by nfrobertson View Post
              Ok, I just posted 3.0.4.1 to the updater override.

There are 4 methods dealing with actions and 4 with triggers. I originally thought I could update only the first which deals with building the page you see but one of the others controls whether it will close which is the problem you mentioned. I've now updated the remaining and tested and it appears to work as expected now.

Nathan
              Works for me too. Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
              X