Single Function Thermostats - Heating or Cooling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single Function Thermostats - Heating or Cooling

From my 5 Insteon thermostats. 4 are used for heating (baseboard hot water radiators) and 1 is used for AC (central air). All 5 have devices in HS3 for both heating and cooling. Is there a way to simplify this - getting rid of the devices for cooling for the thermostats used for heating only, etc.? HS3 doesn't bother me too much with the extra devices but I ran in the following issue. I have all 5 thermostat's controls on 1 page in HSTouch Designer for my iPhone HSTouch (see attached screen capture). Real estate on that is precious. I was able to create custom Thermostats Templates by putting all the controls in a group in HSTouch Designer (with some difficulties of copying stuff, but success at the end). Rather nice once done because the template when copied onto a screen brings up a dialog to change the thermostat for each device and changes the programming to that thermostat specifically (had to change the title text box only). The 1st button on the left for each thermostat shows the mode of the thermostat and the button should toggle between HEATING and OFF for heat-only thermostats and COOLING or OFF for the AC thermostat. Instead, pressing this button goes through all the other mode possibilities as well. How do I toggle just between 2 of these modes? I thought about using a script but don't know how.
    Thanks
    Rene
    Attached Files

You could create a virtual device, use that button in HSTouch. When toggled, it could run an event which would set the thermostat to one state or the other, depending on which state the virtual device is at.
    Mike

Comment

Great question Rene. After reviewing the plugin code and the HSTouch implementation, I have developed a script (see further below) using the plugin's script API that does what you're asking. This script can be called from an HS3 Event or it can be called directly from HSTouch as long as you have a UI element that contains the exact name of the thermostat you want to toggle mode on. I think a hidden label would suffice.

Copy this to your HS3 scripts directory as a .vb file. For example: C:\Program Files (x86)\HomeSeer HS3\scripts\InsteonThermostat_toggle_mode.vb
      There are several log statements in this script. Put a ' at the start of the line to comment them out if you want to reduce the logging once it's running as desired.

Below are images of an HS3 event, turn on the advanced options so you can supply the thermostat name as the Parm.

Below that are images of an HSTouch label with the same thermostat name and then calling this script passing that label as the Parm.

Nathan
      Attached Files
      HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
      Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
      Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
      Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
      http://www.kazteel.com/

Comment

Thanks, Nathan. Works perfectly.

Comment

Working...
        X