Support for Insteon Heat Pump Thermostat 2732-242

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Support for Insteon Heat Pump Thermostat 2732-242

I recently purchased the Insteon Heat Pump Thermostat (model 2732-242). It is the only Insteon Thermostat that works with heat pumps. As you know, Heat pumps are much more efficient in the winter than a standard A/C with heat coils models.

Question #1: Does this plug-in currently support my thermostat?

Question #2: If not when do you anticipate that it will be supported?

I just released an update to this plugin (v3.0.4.2) adding the DEVCAT for that model of the wired 2441TH thermostat (0x05 0x13 = 0513) I also added a few other missing DEVCAT for the EU (050F,0514) and AU/NZ (0510,0515) versions of the wired 2441TH. All of these will use the same support as the regular US wired 2441TH.

With that said, I have not specifically tested with the 2732-242 version (DEVCAT 0513) of the 2441TH (wired, heat-pump only). The SmartHome docs appear to show matching support across all the 2441TH wired thermostats so I do expect it to work.

If you already have this model thermostat, I encourage you to try the 30-day trial of the plugin to see how it works for you.

Thanks
    Nathan
    HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
    Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
    Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
    Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
    http://www.kazteel.com/

Comment

Per my previous post, this thermostat should work with the plugin. Hopefully you're able to test within the 30 day trial period.

I just ordered one of these to test with. Once I have it running I'll reply back with any updates/issues or hopefully good news that it's working.

Nathan
      HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
      Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I have purchased the unit but the Heat Pump has not yet be installed by the contractor. I will reply with info as soon as the contractor completes the install.

Thanks,
        Bruce

Comment

Did anyone get this plug-in to work with 2732-242?

I am attempting to get this plug-in to work. I'm highly motivated, relatively technically smart (although I'm no programmer). At the moment I'm about to give up. I cannot get the plug-in to identify the DEVCAT or the Firmware. What am I missing?

Comment

I did receive and am testing with this model thermostat. Mine shows [0513,11,2] on the Config page, Thermostats tab (0513 = DEVCAT, 11 = Firmware version, 2=protocol version)

What version of the Insteon Thermostat plugin are you using?

What version of the Insteon plugin are you using (this plugin relies on Mark Sandler's Insteon plugin)

Lookin your HS3\Logs\ directory for a file called InsteonThermostatDebug.log and upload it here as an attachment to the post (so the entire file uploads).

Nathan
            HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)

Comment

Plugin Version=3.0.4.5
              Insteon PLM Address=22.41.9D

How do log these settings into the plug in? [0513,11,2] on the Config page, Thermostats tab (0513 = DEVCAT, 11 = Firmware version, 2=protocol version)?

I feel really stupid, because I can't get [0513,11,2] to show on the Config page

Comment

This is the polling message in the Log

May-11 8:33:38 PM Insteon Thermostat TransmitInsteon: [[0513,11,2]] [0F] [10] [00]
                May-11 8:33:38 PM Insteon Thermostat Request DEVCAT and FIRMWARE version for [0513,11,2]
                May-11 8:33:38 PM Insteon Thermostat [0513,11,2] protocol = 2 (force set to 2)

Comment

Error rendering thermostat for [0513,11,2] - Unable to determine thermostat type, Insteon device category (devcat) is not set yet.
                  Error rendering thermostat for 0513,11,2 - Unable to determine thermostat type, Insteon device category (devcat) is not set yet.

Comment

What version of Mark's Insteon plugin are you using?

It appears you've tried to name your thermostat with a string that looks like the DEVCAT,Firmware,Protocol which isn't what you want to do. Use the Config page, Thermostats tab and delete this thermostat. Next, add it back but name it something regular like "House" or "Main Floor" etc. The plugin polls the thermostat for these values and you will see them on the Config page at the far left once that is working.

You didn't attempt to add your thermostat as a device into Mark's Insteon plugin did you? If so, you'll need to delete it back out from his plugin. My plugin adds your thermostat(s) as external insteon devices automatically. On my Insteon Thermostats config page, after giving it a new name, there are fields for the Insteon address of your thermostat. Once you've filled in the config fields, there's a button to "Register" it which starts the polling process.

After doing all the above steps hopefully we have a working thermostat. If there are still issues please upload the debug log I mentioned in the last post.

Nathan
                    HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)

Comment

Six Days left

Sorry, but I just can't get your software to find my DEVCAT and Firmware automatically. I have attached a file Insteon 2732-242.doc to this post. I don't really have six more days of time to devote to this. I really want it to work.

It will lot upload the Debug file to this thread. Do you have an email?

Wait, I was able to save only today's log, so you will find it attached.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by russellwmcconnell; June 2nd, 2016, 11:21 AM.

Comment

Hello Russell,

Sorry for the delay in reply, I've been away traveling and am now back.

If your trial has run out, I believe you can submit a helpdesk ticket to homeseer to reset your trial period. They control the licensing mechanism.

Looking at the word doc you posted, page 2 at the top, it appears you've added your thermostat as a device into Mark's Insteon plugin. That won't work and likely confirms the problems you've been having.

Please do this:
                        • Use the PLUG-INS -> Insteon Thermostat -> Insteon Thermostat Config page, Thermostats tab, and delete your existing thermostat. On the General tab, make sure the Log Info and Log Debug options are checked. Click the Save button at the bottom of the page.
                        • Use the PLUG-INS -> Manage page to disable the Insteon Thermostat plugin. Give it a few seconds to allow it to completely shut down.
                        • Use the PLUG-INS -> Insteon -> Configuration page then Manage Devices button and delete the thermostat as a device from Mark's Insteon plugin
                        • Re-enable the Insteon Thermostat plugin and go through the steps to add your thermostat back to it only. This will cause it to register your thermostat with Mark's plugin as an external device and at this point should work.

Nathan
                        HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Update 6-8

WSPBP: Unable to determine thermostat type, Insteon device category (devcat) is not set yet.
                            Error rendering thermostat for Hall STAT - Unable to determine thermostat type, Insteon device category (devcat) is not set yet.

Please see the attached Debug Log
                            Attached Files

Comment

I think I've got it!

One last step in your directions, which might need to be stated: you need to close and reopen Homeseer 3 to establish the commands.

I'm going to try to get the trial period extended, only to make sure I have all of my problems figured out. Then I will buy.

Thanks so much for the help.

Comment

Working...
                              X