Rebuild Homeseer devices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rebuild Homeseer devices

Is there a way to have the plugin rebuild the Homeseer devices or is it as simple as deleting and re-adding a thermostat?

Every time the plugin starts up it will check for HS3 devices that match those Thermostats that are defined and if it doesn't find a device it will be created.

Nathan
    HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
    Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
    Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
    Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
    http://www.kazteel.com/

Comment

Thanks Nathan.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by nfrobertson View Post
        Every time the plugin starts up it will check for HS3 devices that match those Thermostats that are defined and if it doesn't find a device it will be created.

Nathan
        Nathan,
        so I posted this in a different topic but this might be better since its RIGHT on topic..

I never heard back from you regarding renaming a thermostat to change the location in the name.. (i.e. Fred Jrs Bedroom to Store Room)
        I decided to just delete that thermostat in the plug in, and re-add it..
        it worked fine, however I cant get the damn devices to re-create as homeseer devices..
        I have tried reading links, restarting the plugin, and restarting the entire homeseer application...
        I still cant get the homeseer devices to re-add..
        So with that.. I ask two questions ...actually three...
        1) What is the official PROPER process to add/readd a thermostat...
        2) how do I fix this current one?
        3) IS THERE in fact a way to rename a thermostat without deleting and re-adding

Thanks so much
        Fred

Comment

I turned on debug logging and got this piece of info..
          Seems somehow the insteon plug in thinks the devices exist..
          however I do not see them,..
          and I did get an error as well..

This Thermostat used to be different I deleted it and re-added it with a new name

Oct-21 5:58:53 PM Insteon Thermostat Found existing TSTAT HUMIDITY device for: Game Room
          Oct-21 5:58:52 PM Error Posting back to plugin web page Insteon_Thermostat_Config: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.-> at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.LogicalCallContext.Propaga teIncomingHeadersToCallContext(IMessage msg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.PostBackProc(String page, String data, String user, Int32 userRights) at Scheduler.proxyPage.postBackProc(StateObject& state, String Data)
          Oct-21 5:58:52 PM Insteon Thermostat Found existing TSTAT TEMP device for: Game Room
          Oct-21 5:58:51 PM Insteon Thermostat Found existing TSTAT COOL device for: Game Room
          Oct-21 5:58:50 PM Insteon Thermostat Found existing TSTAT HEAT device for: Game Room
          Oct-21 5:58:49 PM Insteon Thermostat Found existing TSTAT HOLD device for: Game Room
          Oct-21 5:58:48 PM Insteon Thermostat Found existing TSTAT FAN device for: Game Room
          Oct-21 5:58:47 PM Insteon Thermostat Found existing TSTAT MODE device for: Game Room
          Oct-21 5:58:46 PM Insteon Thermostat Found existing TSTAT PROGRAM device for: Game Room

Comment

You have done the correct steps. Delete the old thermostat name from the Config page and Save. Then go to the Home (devices) list in HS3 and if any HS3 devices exist for the old Thermostat name, delete those. Finally, add the new thermostat name which will cause the plugin to create new HS3 devices. Be sure to save after you add the new thermostat.

Under PLUG-INS->Manage you may wish to check the Developer Mode and then stop and start the plugin again. This will launch a DOS window with only the plugin log messages. That can be useful when you're trying to troubleshoot a startup or device issue. You should see it read the INI file and look for the existing devices. Be sure to turn Developer Mode back off so next time you start HS3 you don't get a bunch of command prompts from all your plugins.

Nathan
            HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
            Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
            Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
            Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
            http://www.kazteel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by nfrobertson View Post
              You have done the correct steps. Delete the old thermostat name from the Config page and Save. Then go to the Home (devices) list in HS3 and if any HS3 devices exist for the old Thermostat name, delete those. Finally, add the new thermostat name which will cause the plugin to create new HS3 devices. Be sure to save after you add the new thermostat.

Under PLUG-INS->Manage you may wish to check the Developer Mode and then stop and start the plugin again. This will launch a DOS window with only the plugin log messages. That can be useful when you're trying to troubleshoot a startup or device issue. You should see it read the INI file and look for the existing devices. Be sure to turn Developer Mode back off so next time you start HS3 you don't get a bunch of command prompts from all your plugins.

Nathan

Thanks for your help..
              Was able fully remove and re-add once more, and it worked that time, maybe I forgot to click save, Which is very possible.. LOL
              thanks so much
              Fred

Comment

Working...
              X