Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Issue Adding Thermostat

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Issue Adding Thermostat

    Im trying to add two thermostats, and i cant get them to add the devices to homeseer status page..

    They are listed in Insteon thermostat status page

    but the devices arent listen in the device status page

    i get these errors

    Feb-27 4:36:51 PM Error Posting back to plugin web page Insteon_Thermostat_Config: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.-> at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.LogicalCallContext.Propaga teIncomingHeadersToCallContext(IMessage msg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.PostBackProc(String page, String data, String user, Int32 userRights) at Scheduler.proxyPage.postBackProc(StateObject& state, String Data)
    Feb-27 4:36:39 PM Error Posting back to plugin web page Insteon_Thermostat_Config: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.-> at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.LogicalCallContext.Propaga teIncomingHeadersToCallContext(IMessage msg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.PostBackProc(String page, String data, String user, Int32 userRights) at Scheduler.proxyPage.postBackProc(StateObject& state, String Data)
    Feb-27 4:36:27 PM Error Posting back to plugin web page Insteon_Thermostat_Config: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.-> at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.LogicalCallContext.Propaga teIncomingHeadersToCallContext(IMessage msg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.PostBackProc(String page, String data, String user, Int32 userRights) at Scheduler.proxyPage.postBackProc(StateObject& state, String Data)
    Feb-27 4:36:20 PM Warning Plugin Insteon Thermostat is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.
    Feb-27 4:36:15 PM Error Posting back to plugin web page Insteon_Thermostat_Config: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.-> at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.LogicalCallContext.Propaga teIncomingHeadersToCallContext(IMessage msg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.PostBackProc(String page, String data, String user, Int32 userRights) at Scheduler.proxyPage.postBackProc(StateObject& state, String Data)
    Feb-27 4:36:03 PM Error Posting back to plugin web page Insteon_Thermostat_Config: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.-> at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.LogicalCallContext.Propaga teIncomingHeadersToCallContext(IMessage msg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.PostBackProc(String page, String data, String user, Int32 userRights) at Scheduler.proxyPage.postBackProc(StateObject& state, String Data)
    Feb-27 4:36:00 PM weatherXML Triggers to check: 0
    Feb-27 4:36:00 PM weatherXML Check for last ran triggers
    Feb-27 4:36:00 PM weatherXML Check timer items
    Feb-27 4:35:59 PM Error Posting back to plugin web page Insteon_Thermostat_Config: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.-> at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.LogicalCallContext.Propaga teIncomingHeadersToCallContext(IMessage msg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.PostBackProc(String page, String data, String user, Int32 userRights) at Scheduler.proxyPage.postBackProc(StateObject& state, String Data)

  • #2
    This is a new one. Let's start with some up front checks.

    Is this windows or linux HS3?

    You are using Mark's Insteon plugin correct, not the HST Insteon plugin?

    Are you adding the thermostats as Insteon devices in Mark's plugin? If so, you'll need to remove those and only use this Insteon Thermostat plugin to create the devices.

    Can you walk through the steps you took from the point of plugin installation to using the Config page to try and add thermostats? I haven't seen postback problems to the Config page like this before.

    Nathan
    HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
    Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
    Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
    Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
    http://www.kazteel.com/

    Comment


    • #3
      SEE answers next to your questions..

      Originally posted by nfrobertson View Post
      This is a new one. Let's start with some up front checks.

      Is this windows or linux HS3? -
      Windows 7 Embedded Hometroller Pro

      You are using Mark's Insteon plugin correct, not the HST Insteon plugin?
      That is correct, running v3.0.5.20

      Are you adding the thermostats as Insteon devices in Mark's plugin? If so, you'll need to remove those and only use this Insteon Thermostat plugin to create the devices.
      This is not my first two thermostats.. this is my 5th and 6th im trying to add.. So no I didn't add them in the Insteon Add in, I added them in the Plugins-> INsteon Thermostats-> insteon Thermostat --> Thermostats tab

      Can you walk through the steps you took from the point of plugin installation to using the Config page to try and add thermostats? I haven't seen postback problems to the Config page like this before.
      Of course..
      I went into the Plugins-> INsteon Thermostats-> insteon Thermostat --> Thermostats tab
      Clicked ADD NEW --> Typed in a name
      Typed in the Insteon Address clicked has humidistat
      Clicked read links
      Clicked save


      Nathan

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by thetaz01 View Post
        I went into the Plugins-> INsteon Thermostats-> insteon Thermostat --> Thermostats tab
        Clicked ADD NEW --> Typed in a name
        Typed in the Insteon Address clicked has humidistat
        Clicked read links
        Clicked save
        When you added the new thermostat (per your listed steps) did it present the button "Register Thermostat with Insteon Plugin" or did it give you the "Read Links Update Links Poll" buttons right away? When adding a new Thermostat you shouldn't have to use the read links option.

        What did you name the new thermostat that first began showing issues? I'm wondering if you included underscores, spaces or special characters? Not saying any of that should be bad, only trying to discern where the issue may be.

        Take a look at your HS3\Config\hspi_insteon_thermostat.ini and see if all your expected thermostats are in there. If so, I assume you've stopped and restarted the plugin? It uses the INI file to scan the HS3 devices and if any are missing it should create them at plugin startup. If they are not all in there (say both #5 and #6 are missing) then the save operation never took and a look back at the config page after a restart should still have your existing 1 through 4 thermostats. It would be good to check for normal operation with the existing 4 before attempting to add the 5th/6th that are proving problematic.

        Look in your HS3\Logs\InsteonThermostatDebug.log Run through adding the 5th thermostat, assuming it still gives you these errors, then post that log so I can review the total output.

        There are other people using 5-6 thermostats so the sheer number of them should not be an issue. The debug log should help review what's going on.

        Nathan
        HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
        Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
        Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
        Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
        http://www.kazteel.com/

        Comment


        • #5
          Please see Answers below:::


          Originally posted by nfrobertson View Post
          When you added the new thermostat (per your listed steps) did it present the button "Register Thermostat with Insteon Plugin" or did it give you the "Read Links Update Links Poll" buttons right away? When adding a new Thermostat you shouldn't have to use the read links option.

          What did you name the new thermostat that first began showing issues? I'm wondering if you included underscores, spaces or special characters? Not saying any of that should be bad, only trying to discern where the issue may be.

          The name is Game Room


          Take a look at your HS3\Config\hspi_insteon_thermostat.ini and see if all your expected thermostats are in there. If so, I assume you've stopped and restarted the plugin? It uses the INI file to scan the HS3 devices and if any are missing it should create them at plugin startup. If they are not all in there (say both #5 and #6 are missing) then the save operation never took and a look back at the config page after a restart should still have your existing 1 through 4 thermostats. It would be good to check for normal operation with the existing 4 before attempting to add the 5th/6th that are proving problematic.

          I do see the thermostat listed in the ini file, and yes, I have actually restarted the entire server


          Look in your HS3\Logs\InsteonThermostatDebug.log Run through adding the 5th thermostat, assuming it still gives you these errors, then post that log so I can review the total output.



          LOG Capture
          System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.LogicalCallContext.Propaga teIncomingHeadersToCallContext(IMessage msg)
          at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type)
          at HomeSeerAPI.IHSApplication.SaveEventsDevices()
          at HSPI_INSTEON_THERMOSTAT.plugin.ShutdownIO() Cause=Object reference not set to an instance of an object.2/27/2016 4:22:41 PM ~ Insteon Thermostat Error Failed Log Message=Problem unregistering Insteon Thermostat Apartment Bedroom with address: 2F.7A.BA Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Cause=Object reference not set to an instance of an object.2/27/2016 4:22:41 PM ~ Insteon Thermostat Error Failed Log Message=Problem unregistering Insteon Thermostat Fred Jrs Bedroom with address: 2C.10.FD Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Cause=Object reference not set to an instance of an object.2/27/2016 4:22:41 PM ~ Insteon Thermostat Error Failed Log Message=Problem unregistering Insteon Thermostat Fred Jrs Living Room with address: 20.46.78 Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Cause=Object reference not set to an instance of an object.2/27/2016 4:22:41 PM ~ Insteon Thermostat Error Failed Log Message=Problem unregistering Insteon Thermostat Game Room with address: 2F.79.54 Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Cause=Object reference not set to an instance of an object.2/27/2016 4:22:41 PM ~ Insteon Thermostat Error Failed Log Message=Problem unregistering Insteon Thermostat Master Bedroom with address: 2C.0F.61 Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Cause=Object reference not set to an instance of an object.2/27/2016 4:22:41 PM ~ Insteon Thermostat Error Failed Log Message=Problem unregistering Insteon Thermostat Upstairs with address: 2C.0A.AB Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Cause=Object reference not set to an instance of an object.2/27/2016 4:22:41 PM ~ Insteon Thermostat Failed Log Message=Close SQLite DB: URI=file:C:\Program Files\HomeSeer HS3\Data\InsteonThermostat.db3 Cause=Object reference not set to an instance of an object.2/27/2016 4:22:41 PM ~ Insteon Thermostat Error Failed Log Message=Error ending Insteon Thermostat Plug-In : Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Cause=Object reference not set to an instance of an object


          There are other people using 5-6 thermostats so the sheer number of them should not be an issue. The debug log should help review what's going on.

          Nathan

          Comment


          • #6
            Please send me/post these files:

            HS3\Config\hspi_insteon_thermostat.ini

            HS3\Logs\InsteonThermostatDebug.log

            If you have any concerns about posting here publically I think you can send me a private message with these.

            Thanks
            Nathan
            HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
            Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
            Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
            Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
            http://www.kazteel.com/

            Comment


            • #7
              Sent in a PM
              thank you

              Comment


              • #8
                Hello,

                Sorry for the delay. I don't see anything obvious in the INI file you sent that would suggest reasons for your issues. I'd like to suggest you take a look at the Sticky post I just submitted about plugin v3.0.4.5. I've added the ability to save the DEVCAT, Firmware and Protocol to the INI file so that this doesn't have to be requested at plugin startup. This may help with your multiple thermostats.

                Right now this is only available via the updater_override.txt method as I haven't released it for general use. I will release it after it's had some time to be field tested as well as further testing that I'm doing with it.

                Nathan
                HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
                Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
                Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
                Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
                http://www.kazteel.com/

                Comment


                • #9
                  Havent had a moment to do what you mention for the device NOT showing up in home seer devices..
                  However, I have just tried to add a totally new thermostat into the insteon plug in..
                  and it isn't adding either..
                  I am getting tons of these errors in the log
                  Date/Time Pri Type/Error Message/Source
                  Apr-06 6:49:21 PM Error Getting web page from plugin page Insteon_Thermostat_Config:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                  Apr-06 6:49:08 PM Warning Plugin Insteon Thermostat is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.
                  Apr-06 6:49:00 PM weatherXML Check timer items
                  Apr-06 6:48:59 PM Insteon Thermostat Upstairs Humidity = 26
                  Apr-06 6:48:34 PM Error Getting web page from plugin page Insteon_Thermostat_Config:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                  Apr-06 6:48:17 PM Error Getting web page from plugin page Insteon_Thermostat_Config:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                  Apr-06 6:48:08 PM Warning Plugin Insteon Thermostat is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.
                  Apr-06 6:48:03 PM HSTouch ServerError HSTouch had an Error retrieving the capabilities with Error = Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Service Version: NO_VERSION
                  Apr-06 6:48:03 PM Error Calling HSEvent in plugin Insteon Thermostat, Instance :Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                  Apr-06 6:48:00 PM weatherXML Check timer items
                  Apr-06 6:47:33 PM HSTouch ServerError HSTouch had an Error retrieving the capabilities with Error = Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Service Version: NO_VERSION
                  Apr-06 6:47:33 PM Error Calling HSEvent in plugin Insteon Thermostat, Instance :Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
                  Apr-06 6:47:16 PM Error Posting back to plugin web page Insteon_Thermostat_Config: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.-> at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.LogicalCallContext.Propaga teIncomingHeadersToCallContext(IMessage msg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.PostBackProc(String page, String data, String user, Int32 userRights) at Scheduler.proxyPage.postBackProc(StateObject& state, String Data)
                  Apr-06 6:47:14 PM Error Posting back to plugin web page Insteon_Thermostat_Config: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.-> at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.LogicalCallContext.Propaga teIncomingHeadersToCallContext(IMessage msg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.PostBackProc(String page, String data, String user, Int32 userRights) at Scheduler.proxyPage.postBackProc(StateObject& state, String Data)
                  Apr-06 6:47:08 PM Warning Plugin Insteon Thermostat is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Last weekend I released 3.0.4.5 for general use. This is is the version that stores the thermostat DEVCAT, Firmware, Protocol in the INI so they can be reused at startup thus cutting down Insteon traffic at startup.

                    Another thought occurred to me as I was making the list below, I used to have problems with Norton Internet Security and its "File Insight" option after loading new versions of plugins. Plugins would appear to freeze and I'd have to go to the console and find a dialog asking to Trust the HSPI_INSTEON_THERMOSTAT.exe file. Have you ruled out any antivirus type issues like that?


                    What I recommend you do is:
                    • Stop the Insteon Thermostat plugin from PLUG-INS->Manage
                    • Delete your existing HS3 thermostat devices so they are recreated cleanly at startup. The easiest way to do that is to find the PROGRAM device (the parent) check it and use the dropdown to Delete. All child devices for that thermostat will be deleted by HS3 itself.
                    • Make a backup copy then edit your HS3/Config/hspi_insteon_thermostat.ini and remove everything in the [thermostats] section so you can use a clean plugin start to add them back one at a time
                    • Move your current HS3/Logs/InsteonThermostatDebug.log to a different name (or just delete it) so new efforts below start a new clean log
                    • Back on PLUG-INS->Manage you should see 3.0.4.5 in the list to upgrade to. Do that upgrade.
                    • (Optional) Check the Developer Mode checkbox before the next step. That will cause HS3 to launch the console for the plugin which is an easier way to watch all the output from the just this plugin and not have to weed through the HS3 log with everything.
                    • Restart the plugin. Make sure Log Info and Log Debug are checked. Actually turning on all the logging at this point would be good in case issues show up.
                    • Add back your thermostats one at a time. As each one is added and the Config page shows the DEVCAT,Firmware,Protocol in the square brackets (e.g. [050A,E,2]) then use the Save button on the Config page to make sure those values are saved to the INI file. Be sure to give it time to request and receive the DEVCAT,Firemware,Protocol. A thermostat Poll is kicked off once those are known so when you add a thermostat, plan to give it a couple minutes and watch the log.


                    Once you've done all that and if you run into issues, please post the entire unedited InsteonThermostatDebug.log

                    Also, if you did check that Developer Mode box, be sure to uncheck it as leaving it on will cause console for all your plugins to launch if you fully restart HS3. That becomes a bit much.

                    Nathan
                    HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
                    Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
                    Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
                    Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
                    http://www.kazteel.com/

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Here's the type of issue I was asking about relative to antivirus. I just updated my DEV machine with the latest BETA version of Mark's Insteon plugin (which Insteon Thermostat relies on) and Norton blocked it. It also had a countdown timer so if I had not noticed, this would have gone on blocked silently! This was for the communication from Insteon plugin to the Hub2 via the network TCP/IP so it's a firewall block. The other issue I was asking about was a Norton File Insight type block where just the existence/run of a new EXE file can get held up.
                      Attached Files
                      HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
                      Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
                      Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
                      Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
                      http://www.kazteel.com/

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by nfrobertson View Post
                        Last weekend I released 3.0.4.5 for general use. This is is the version that stores the thermostat DEVCAT, Firmware, Protocol in the INI so they can be reused at startup thus cutting down Insteon traffic at startup.

                        Another thought occurred to me as I was making the list below, I used to have problems with Norton Internet Security and its "File Insight" option after loading new versions of plugins. Plugins would appear to freeze and I'd have to go to the console and find a dialog asking to Trust the HSPI_INSTEON_THERMOSTAT.exe file. Have you ruled out any antivirus type issues like that?


                        What I recommend you do is:
                        • Stop the Insteon Thermostat plugin from PLUG-INS->Manage
                        • Delete your existing HS3 thermostat devices so they are recreated cleanly at startup. The easiest way to do that is to find the PROGRAM device (the parent) check it and use the dropdown to Delete. All child devices for that thermostat will be deleted by HS3 itself.
                        • Make a backup copy then edit your HS3/Config/hspi_insteon_thermostat.ini and remove everything in the [thermostats] section so you can use a clean plugin start to add them back one at a time
                        • Move your current HS3/Logs/InsteonThermostatDebug.log to a different name (or just delete it) so new efforts below start a new clean log
                        • Back on PLUG-INS->Manage you should see 3.0.4.5 in the list to upgrade to. Do that upgrade.
                        • (Optional) Check the Developer Mode checkbox before the next step. That will cause HS3 to launch the console for the plugin which is an easier way to watch all the output from the just this plugin and not have to weed through the HS3 log with everything.
                        • Restart the plugin. Make sure Log Info and Log Debug are checked. Actually turning on all the logging at this point would be good in case issues show up.
                        • Add back your thermostats one at a time. As each one is added and the Config page shows the DEVCAT,Firmware,Protocol in the square brackets (e.g. [050A,E,2]) then use the Save button on the Config page to make sure those values are saved to the INI file. Be sure to give it time to request and receive the DEVCAT,Firemware,Protocol. A thermostat Poll is kicked off once those are known so when you add a thermostat, plan to give it a couple minutes and watch the log.


                        Once you've done all that and if you run into issues, please post the entire unedited InsteonThermostatDebug.log

                        Also, if you did check that Developer Mode box, be sure to uncheck it as leaving it on will cause console for all your plugins to launch if you fully restart HS3. That becomes a bit much.

                        Nathan
                        So, I wanted to make sure I had some time to do this..
                        so I was waiting..
                        I did install the latest version, and was going to do the other steps at another time.
                        however, all the sudden I noticed all my thermostats are now appearing as devices..
                        everything seems fine now..

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          That's great news. Please be sure to go to the Config page, Thermostats tab and see that it shows all your thermostats have the DEVCAT,firmware,protocol in the [ ] examples like [0503,95,2] or [050A,E,2] Once you've confirmed that, please be sure to press the Save button to make sure these have been saved off to the INI file for reuse at the next plugin or HS3 restart.

                          Nathan
                          HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
                          Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
                          Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
                          Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
                          http://www.kazteel.com/

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by nfrobertson View Post
                            That's great news. Please be sure to go to the Config page, Thermostats tab and see that it shows all your thermostats have the DEVCAT,firmware,protocol in the [ ] examples like [0503,95,2] or [050A,E,2] Once you've confirmed that, please be sure to press the Save button to make sure these have been saved off to the INI file for reuse at the next plugin or HS3 restart.

                            Nathan
                            Yep just did that..
                            ill keep an eye on it...
                            thanks for all your help

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X