Room names not set correctly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Room names not set correctly

I am trying out your PI for the insteon thermostat. When I created these devices the room name is not honored under device management.

How do I fix this?
    thanks.
    Attached Files
    -Skybolt

Also where did this room name come from and why are there multiple interfaces?

This one appears to work, BTW. The one above does not.
    Attached Files
    -Skybolt

Comment

Can the devices that are not working and appear to be duplicates be deleted?
      -Skybolt

Comment

So I deleted the devices that were created by the device name (first post) and re-grouped the "Insteon" group to Thermostats as it should have been.

No-offense but your plug-in needs some work with the initial setup and how it creates devices.
        -Skybolt

Comment

The updater version of the plugin 3.0.4.5 defaults the Room to Insteon. You can change that in the HS3 devices to reorganize but it retains the Room internally.

You may wish to update to the latest Beta version of the plugin under the Updater Beta section 3.0.5.3 where I did work to make it better support the Amazon Echo including mass updating the Floor and Room values for all HS3 devices associated to the Thermostat. You do that update from the plugins Config page Thermostats tab, not directly to the HS3 devices themselves.

Nathan
          HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
          Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
          Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
          Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
          http://www.kazteel.com/

Comment

Hi Nathan,

Ok, but you didn't address any of what I posted?

Is what I did ok, by deleting the not working devices created and only using the "Insteon" ones?

I guess it doesn't really matter as it appears to be working, even through HSTouch.

Thanks
            -Skybolt

Comment

When you add a new Thermostat by filling out the config->thermostats tab and click Register button, all the devices for the thermostat are created. When the plugin stop/starts, it looks for all the devices that should exists for the thermostats it has defined which are saved in the INI file. If a device is missing it will recreate it. The only way I can think you'd end up with duplicate devices is if you deleted the root/parent device. It's the Program one that shows a dropdown for any defined programs you have added. If you deleted that device then restarted the plugin then yes, it would likely end up creating a whole new set of devices. The way to clean that up is to delete all the devices you see for that Thermostat and stop/start the plugin to recreate them clean. I think that effectively is what you ended up with, right?

I suggested the latest Beta version as it adds support for changing the Floor and Room of a thermostat from the config->thermostats page so all the devices associated to one defined thermostat get updated at once. This was done to ease the name changing when working with the Amazon Echo but seems to directly help with what you're trying to do as well.

Nathan
              HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
              Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
              Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
              Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
              http://www.kazteel.com/

Comment

Working...
              X