Plugin HSTouch Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Plugin HSTouch Support

I'm currently running the latest version (3.0.5.3) of the plugin and the response back to HSTouch seems to either not be working or is very delayed.

If I use the Plugin's WEB Control or the Insteon Thermostat Status page, when changing temperatures, the updates are almost instantaneous. When using HSTouch, the entire experience of changing temperature values and temperature reporting is either slow or does not happen at all. I have tried using both the default Homeseer thermostat template and the one provided with the plugin with the results being the same.

Is anyoe else experiencing issues like this?

Judd

Below is a log where I exercised a cool setpoint change from my iphone via HSTouch and MyHomeSeer service. Nearly all the time between 5:45:45 AM when the iphone HSTouch client connected and 5:46:47 AM when the CAPI command came into the plugin was me finding my way to the device in the HSTouch client. It took approximately 3 seconds from when I pushed the iphone button requesting the change before that first CAPI log line showed up and as the log shows, the rest happened the second it was received. This of course is just one example case where it worked well as expected.

There are quite a few steps in the path from HSTouch client to final plugin command to cause a change and most of that is outside of the plugin. HSTouch to wireless network (cell/wifi) to MyHomeSeer service down to your HS3 machine to the HSTouch server plugin to HS3 (send CAPI event) and finally arriving at the Insteon Thermostat plugin which processes CAPI requests quickly. When a CAPI command comes in, generally it results in thermostat command going out so there's no delay in that processing. The only time a thermostat command wouldn't go out is if you set it to the same setpoint value or tried to cross the heat/cool setpoints which the plugin catches, logs and ignores.

Changing a setpoint transmits the command to the thermostat and it also updates the internal HS3 device (cool setpoint in example log below) with the new value. That value is what should make it back to your HSTouch client. It's the same HS3 virtual device that drives the internal webpage you mention runs fast.

Perhaps you could setup a test with a browser window showing the HS3 log and another browser showing the HS3 devices page filtered for the Thermostat devices and then exercise the HSTouch client to see what kind of timings and responses you see?

Code:
    Jul-24 5:46:47 AM	 	Insteon Thermostat	TransmitInsteon: [VenstarT1800] [1F] [6C] [9A] ((([00] [00] [00] [00] [00] [00] [00] [00] [00] [00] [00] [00] [00] [FA])))
    Jul-24 5:46:47 AM	 	Insteon Thermostat	SetCoolSetpoint: VenstarT1800 Cool SetPoint = 77
    Jul-24 5:46:47 AM	 	Insteon Thermostat	SetCoolSetpoint: VenstarT1800 set cool setpoint to 77 Current cool setpoint = 80 Current heat setpoint = 69
    Jul-24 5:46:47 AM	 	Device Control	Device: Main Living Room Cooling to 77 (77) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
    Jul-24 5:45:45 AM	 	Speaker	Speaker host added, Name: HOMESEER3 Instance: iPhone IP address: 172.18.222.197
    Jul-24 5:45:45 AM	 	HSTouch Server	Connecting speaker client to HomeSeer IP 127.0.0.1
    Jul-24 5:45:45 AM	 	HSTouch Server	Client iPhone (172.18.222.197/58089) named iPhone has CONNECTED.
    Jul-24 5:45:44 AM	 	HSTouch Server	Opening connection from:172.18.222.197/58089
    Jul-24 5:44:54 AM	 	Insteon Thermostat	VenstarT1800 Humidity = 34
    Jul-24 5:36:47 AM	 	Insteon Thermostat	VenstarT1800 Temp = 73
    Jul-24 5:30:00 AM	 	Device Control	Device: Kitchen Spotlight 2 to On (100)
    Jul-24 5:30:00 AM	 	Event	Event Trigger "Daily Events Daily Kithen Spot On"
    Jul-24 5:27:39 AM	 	Insteon Thermostat	VenstarT1800 Temp = 74
    Jul-24 5:21:56 AM	 	Insteon Thermostat	VenstarT1800 Temp = 75
    HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
    Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
    Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
    Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
    http://www.kazteel.com/

Comment

Thanks for the reply.

I ran the following test.

On my HSTouch client I changed the Cool set point to 78 degrees. I received some warnings and errors in the Log. I then try setting the set point back to 77, after a few seconds the thermostat is set to 78. But never gets set to the second 77 request. The log entries are below with the first command at the bottom.

Jul-25 22:03:30 Insteon Thermostat 2nd Floor Cool SetPoint = 78
      Jul-25 22:03:26 Insteon Thermostat SetCoolSetpoint: 2nd Floor Cool SetPoint = 77
      Jul-25 22:03:24 Insteon Thermostat SetCoolSetpoint: 2nd Floor Cool SetPoint = 78
      Jul-25 22:03:19 Insteon Thermostat Voice Control appears to not be checked for: Master Program [Master Program] Ref=159
      Jul-25 22:03:16 Error Calling SetIOMulti in plugin Insteon Thermostat:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
      Jul-25 22:02:46 Device Control Device: 2nd Master Bedroom Cooling to (77) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
      Jul-25 22:02:44 Warning Plugin Insteon Thermostat is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.
      Jul-25 22:02:03 Error Calling SetIOMulti in plugin Insteon Thermostat:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
      Jul-25 22:01:44 Warning Plugin Insteon Thermostat is not responding but it is still running, not restarting yet.
      Jul-25 22:01:36 Error Posting back to plugin web page Insteon_Thermostat_Config: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.-> at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.LogicalCallContext.Propaga teIncomingHeadersToCallContext(IMessage msg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.PostBackProc(String page, String data, String user, Int32 userRights) at Scheduler.proxyPage.postBackProc(StateObject& state, String Data)
      Jul-25 22:01:34 Error Posting back to plugin web page Insteon_Thermostat_Config: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.-> at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.LogicalCallContext.Propaga teIncomingHeadersToCallContext(IMessage msg) at System.Runtime.Remoting.Proxies.RealProxy.PrivateInvoke(Mess ageData& msgData, Int32 type) at HomeSeerAPI.IPlugInAPI.PostBackProc(String page, String data, String user, Int32 userRights) at Scheduler.proxyPage.postBackProc(StateObject& state, String Data)
      Jul-25 22:01:33 Device Control Device: 2nd Master Bedroom Cooling to (78) by/from: CAPI Control Handler

Please note that I am using the Insteon version 050B,D,2 version of thermostats.

Comment

Sorry for the delayed response. Those errors are definitely not right. I assume maybe you had a web browser tab or window open to the Insteon Thermostat Config page at the same time you were also trying to test the HSTouch? That should be fine but clearly you're getting these errors. Can you describe the exact setup of your test (browsers/windows open to HS3/plugins, using MyHomeSeer service or not, etc.) so I can try to replicate it here? Not only a list of what all is open and in use but a timeline would help as well so I can try to duplicate the flow.

Thanks
        Nathan
        HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
        Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
        Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
        Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
        http://www.kazteel.com/

Comment

Nathan,

Here is another example of the same issue. The log below shows when i try to change the set point of the thermostat via HSTouch for cooling it looks like the plugin does not receive the new set point, so the HSTouch server still thinks it is set to 84. If i set the temp to 76 via the plugin web page, it sets fine. (Note the log entries are reversed below)

Aug-04 10:42:27 Insteon Thermostat SetCoolSetpoint: 2nd Floor Cool SetPoint = 76
          Aug-04 10:42:07 Device Control Device: 2nd Master Bedroom Cooling to (84) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
          Aug-04 10:41:42 Device Control Device: 2nd Master Bedroom Cooling to (84) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
          Aug-04 10:41:30 Insteon Thermostat Error SetCoolSetpoint: 2nd Floor Requested Cool Setpoint 86 has to be within the low(70)/high(85) bounds as configured and greater than the heat setpoint 63
          Aug-04 10:41:30 Device Control Device: 2nd Master Bedroom Cooling to (86) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
          Aug-04 10:41:22 Device Control Device: 2nd Master Bedroom Cooling to (84) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
          Aug-04 10:41:11 Z-Wave Device: Node 35 Z-Wave Temperature Set to 79 (F)
          Aug-04 10:39:25 Device Control Device: 2nd Master Bedroom Cooling to (84) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
          Aug-04 10:39:03 Device Control Device: 2nd Master Bedroom Cooling to (84) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
          Aug-04 10:38:54 Device Control Device: 2nd Master Bedroom Cooling to (84) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
          Aug-04 10:38:53 Insteon Thermostat SetCoolSetpoint: 2nd Floor Cool SetPoint = 84
          Aug-04 10:38:52 Device Control Device: 2nd Master Bedroom Cooling to (84) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
          Aug-04 10:38:48 Insteon Thermostat SetMode: 2nd Floor Mode = Auto
          Aug-04 10:38:37 Device Control Device: 2nd Master Bedroom Mode to (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
          Aug-04 10:38:18 Device Control Device: 2nd Master Bedroom Mode to (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
          Aug-04 10:38:13 Device Control Device: 2nd Master Bedroom Mode to (0) by/from: CAPI Control Handler

Comment

Nathan,

I think i have eliminated the issue with controlling thermostats as being with your plugin. It seems that HSTouch does not respond to multiple request to change a stats set point within a certain period. As an example, if i hit the up button to increase a set point from 65 to 66 it will work. If i hit it again, it sends another CAPi commands with the same 66 value. It's as if the HSTouch server did not update the clients value of the set point from 65 to 66 so it thinks the next set point should be 66. It is definitely time related as if i wait long enough the HST client gets updated and the next press of the up button changes the set point from 66 to 67. If i then hit it again, the same thing happens and it gets stuck on 67 for some time.

Sorry for the confusion but this was something that has been driving be crazy to resolve.

Judd

Comment

Working...
            X