Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermostat Control Page Design Question

Hi Nathan,

I continue to have issues with HSTouch and the control of my Insteon thermostats. There is definitely a problem with HSTouch and its control of Thermostats.

I was looking at your Plugin's Web Page Control code and trying to figure out how to build something like what i have attached?

Can you point me in the right direction as to how this can be done or if you have time, would you be able to build the HTML code to produce a screen like this. I would be willing to pay for your time. My thoughts would be to call this screen directly from HSTouch in a window using the isHTML function.

Regards,
    Judd
    Attached Files

Hi Nathan,

Just following up to see if you have made any decisions on my request?

Judd

Comment

Hi Judd,

I issued a poll question and so far have 3 replies agreeing to the updated single layout status page. I think over this long holiday weekend I will work on this option and post it to the beta updater. I'll see if I can do this Friday so you can look at it soon.

Thanks
      Nathan
      HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
      Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
      Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
      Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
      http://www.kazteel.com/

Comment

Please check the BETA updater. I posted version 3.0.5.4 there. The only changes are to the web_status page to remove the tabs and switch to a single page layout. Hope this works for what you needed.

Nathan
        HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
        Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)

Comment

Nathan,

Looks good. I just have one suggestion. Can you remove the Thermostat and HVAC heading on any stat besides the first one? Same thing with the Master Program drop down. I would think you only would need one Master program for all stats. By removing the extra Thermostat, HVAC and Master Program fields it would make the screen less busy.
          Attached Files

Comment

Excellent suggestion, thanks for the feedback. Please see the picture attached to this post. I used your suggestion to have 1 Master Program, 1 general (Thermostat/HVAC) header row and then repeating rows for each thermostat. I moved the tstat specific Program in-row. I played with the styles a little to make the per tstat/hvac header row stand out vs the data. This also had the benefit of making the overall layout look the same instead of different tstat/hvac table sizes.

As I post this I'm thinking we could possibly collapse it further to just 1 header row for the column titles and then rows of data only.

Another thought, the program and run/hold (only for the logical program) might be better if moved to the end of the thermostat row (just before the HVAC) as I think people more often may want to see/adjust mode/fan/heatSP/coolSP and less so the program, run/hold.

Thoughts?
            Nathan
            Attached Files
            HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)

Comment

Nathan,

I really like the new revised design and the two ideas you have as i think they would make the layout that much cleaner.

I actually have one other thought. Would it be possible to make the displaying of the HVAC information on the status page selective? My thinking is that the Status page becomes more of a control page for the thermostats which would include just the controls needed for the thermostat. This would condense the new page even more and enable a cleaner control of the stats.

Overall, this is going in the right direction and I really appreciate your time spent on this.

Regards,
              Judd

Comment

Here's a couple other views. I moved the Program/Run-Hold to the end of the thermostat part of the row and reduced it to a single header row for all thermostats/HVACs. These two options show the default where each cell has a border and then an alternate where I set each TD border to 0px.

Do you have a preference? with borders for cells? or without?
                Attached Files
                HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)

Comment

Originally posted by jpape View Post
                  Would it be possible to make the displaying of the HVAC information on the status page selective?
                  I'm working adding a config checkbox option to "Hide HVAC" which will default to false to retain existing behavior but you can check and save on the Config page and then it will do what you're looking for.

Nathan
                  HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)

Comment

I like the one with the boarders for the cells. The config option sounds like it will do what I was asking.

Thanks.
                    Judd

Comment

Moving the Program and Run/Hold to the end of the Thermostat row is ok/good?
                      HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)

Comment

Ok, here's what I have with the Config option to hide the HVAC portion of the table, then I checked it (recall default is false/unchecked) and what it renders like.

To achieve what you're looking for, is there any benefit to being able to hide anything else on this page? "Thermostat" header row? "Name/Temp/...." header row? Master Program ?

Nathan
                        Attached Files
                        HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)

Comment

I just posted 3.0.5.5 to the beta updater. I went ahead and added two additional checkboxes on the Config page to allow hiding the headers and the Master Program on that page. The default is nothing is hidden.

Please try this version and let me know if this is the solution you were looking for.

Nathan
                          HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)

Comment

Nice job Nathan, I just installed the latest version and the final results are exactly what I had in mind. Thank you very much for your time and effort. This change makes my solution for HSTouch work perfectly now.

Thanks again,
                            Judd

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                            X