Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Set-point not synchronising?

Hi,

If I change the heat (or cold) set-point on the Insteon wireless thermostat, it changes also in the plug-in.

If I change the heat (or cold) set-point in the plug-in, it does not change on the Insteon device itself.

Is that the correct behaviour? If it is then it is less than ideal :-(

Cheers,
    Jan

Changing the set points within HS3 will send the command to the thermostat to change the value there. I would turn on Log Debug on the plugin config page and try a setpoint change again then look at the log. You should see the command being sent.

What type of thermostat is it? Maybe you are using a wireless 2441ZTH on batteries which stop accepting commands after a very short time? Only work-around there is to switch to a 5V wall-plug so they stay listening for commands.

Nathan
    HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
    Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
    Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
    Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
    http://www.kazteel.com/

Comment

I just re-read your original post and you do say this is a wireless thermostat. Then, what you are seeing is how they operate on batteries. See the sticky thread here about this. The only real solution is to hook them up to a wired 5V so they continue to listen for commands. I've found the Apple 5V square plug to be very good for this. Other 5V plugs, especially cheaper ones, are less precise and the voltage changes can cause issues with the Insteon wireless thermostats.

Nathan
      HS 3.0.0.435 (PRO)
      Hardware: Napco GEM-P9600 | VenstarT1800 w/Insteon 2441V adapter | Insteon PLM
      Plugins HS3: Napco Gemini (mine) | Insteon Thermostat (mine) | Insteon Plug-in (mnsandler) | HSTouch Server (HST)
      Platform: Windows 10 Pro 64bit, core2 duo 2.0Ghz, 4GB memory
      http://www.kazteel.com/

Comment

Works now

OK that did the job, thank you

Comment

Working...
        X