X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thetaz01
    started a topic Weird errors on startup

Weird errors on startup

I just restarted my HS and happened to be watching the log for something else, and noticed a ton of these errors when I start up...
    Any thoughts?
    also, I wanted to find out, has there been any way added to modify names/locations of thermostats?? without having to remove and re-add them

here are the errrors

Oct-11 6:27:20 AM Insteon Thermostat Voice Control appears to not be checked for: Upstairs [Upstairs Program] Ref=254
    Oct-11 6:27:20 AM Insteon Thermostat Voice Control appears to not be checked for: Master Bedroom Humidity [Master Bedroom Humidity] Ref=269
    Oct-11 6:27:20 AM Insteon Thermostat Voice Control appears to not be checked for: Master Bedroom Temp [Master Bedroom Temp] Ref=268
    Oct-11 6:27:20 AM Insteon Thermostat Voice Control appears to not be checked for: Master Bedroom Cool [Master Bedroom Cool] Ref=267
    Oct-11 6:27:20 AM Insteon Thermostat Voice Control appears to not be checked for: Master Bedroom Heat [Master Bedroom Heat] Ref=266
    Oct-11 6:27:20 AM Insteon Thermostat Voice Control appears to not be checked for: Master Bedroom Hold [Master Bedroom Hold] Ref=265
    Oct-11 6:27:20 AM Insteon Thermostat Voice Control appears to not be checked for: Master Bedroom Fan [Master Bedroom Fan] Ref=264
    Oct-11 6:27:20 AM Insteon Thermostat Voice Control appears to not be checked for: Master Bedroom Mode [Master Bedroom Mode] Ref=263
    Oct-11 6:27:20 AM Insteon Thermostat Voice Control appears to not be checked for: Master Bedroom [Master Bedroom Program] Ref=262
    Oct-11 6:27:20 AM Insteon Thermostat Voice Control appears to not be checked for: Game Room Humidity [Game Room Humidity] Ref=401
    Oct-11 6:27:20 AM Insteon Thermostat Voice Control appears to not be checked for: Game Room Temp [Game Room Temp] Ref=400
    Oct-11 6:27:20 AM Insteon Thermostat Voice Control appears to not be checked for: Game Room Cool [Game Room Cool] Ref=399
    Oct-11 6:27:20 AM Insteon Thermostat Voice Control appears to not be checked for: Game Room Heat [Game Room Heat] Ref=398
    Oct-11 6:27:20 AM Insteon Thermostat Voice Control appears to not be checked for: Game Room Hold [Game Room Hold] Ref=397
    Oct-11 6:27:20 AM Insteon Thermostat Voice Control appears to not be checked for: Game Room Fan [Game Room Fan] Ref=396
    Oct-11 6:27:20 AM Insteon Thermostat Voice Control appears to not be checked for: Game Room Mode [Game Room Mode] Ref=395
    Oct-11 6:27:20 AM Insteon Thermostat Voice Control appears to not be checked for: Game Room [Game Room Program] Ref=394
    Oct-11 6:27:20 AM Insteon Thermostat Voice Control appears to not be checked for: Fred Jrs Living Room Humidity [Fred Jrs Living Room Humidity] Ref=314
    Oct-11 6:27:20 AM Insteon Thermostat Voice Control appears to not be checked for: Fred Jrs Living Room Temp [Fred Jrs Living Room Temp] Ref=313
    Oct-11 6:27:20 AM Insteon Thermostat Voice Control appears to not be checked for: Fred Jrs Living Room Cool [Fred Jrs Living Room Cool] Ref=312
    Oct-11 6:27:20 AM Insteon Thermostat Voice Control appears to not be checked for: Fred Jrs Living Room Heat [Fred Jrs Living Room Heat] Ref=311
    Oct-11 6:27:20 AM Insteon Thermostat Voice Control appears to not be checked for: Fred Jrs Living Room Hold [Fred Jrs Living Room Hold] Ref=310
    Oct-11 6:27:20 AM Insteon Thermostat Voice Control appears to not be checked for: Fred Jrs Living Room Fan [Fred Jrs Living Room Fan] Ref=309
    Oct-11 6:27:20 AM Insteon Thermostat Voice Control appears to not be checked for: Fred Jrs Living Room Mode [Fred Jrs Living Room Mode] Ref=308
    Oct-11 6:27:20 AM Insteon Thermostat Voice Control appears to not be checked for: Fred Jrs Living Room [Fred Jrs Living Room Program] Ref=307
    Oct-11 6:27:20 AM Insteon Thermostat Voice Control appears to not be checked for: Fred Jrs Bedroom Humidity [Fred Jrs Bedroom Humidity] Ref=245
    Oct-11 6:27:20 AM Insteon Thermostat Voice Control appears to not be checked for: Fred Jrs Bedroom Temp [Fred Jrs Bedroom Temp] Ref=244
    Oct-11 6:27:20 AM Insteon Thermostat Voice Control appears to not be checked for: Fred Jrs Bedroom Cool [Fred Jrs Bedroom Cool] Ref=243
    Oct-11 6:27:20 AM Insteon Thermostat Voice Control appears to not be checked for: Fred Jrs Bedroom Heat [Fred Jrs Bedroom Heat] Ref=242
    Oct-11 6:27:20 AM Insteon Thermostat Voice Control appears to not be checked for: Fred Jrs Bedroom Hold [Fred Jrs Bedroom Hold] Ref=241
    Oct-11 6:27:20 AM Insteon Thermostat Voice Control appears to not be checked for: Fred Jrs Bedroom Fan [Fred Jrs Bedroom Fan] Ref=240
    Oct-11 6:27:20 AM Insteon Thermostat Voice Control appears to not be checked for: Fred Jrs Bedroom Mode [Fred Jrs Bedroom Mode] Ref=239
    Oct-11 6:27:20 AM Insteon Thermostat Voice Control appears to not be checked for: Fred Jrs Bedroom [Fred Jrs Bedroom Program] Ref=238
    Oct-11 6:27:20 AM Insteon Thermostat Voice Control appears to not be checked for: Apartment Bedroom Humidity [Apartment Bedroom Humidity] Ref=340
    Oct-11 6:27:20 AM Insteon Thermostat Voice Control appears to not be checked for: Apartment Bedroom Temp [Apartment Bedroom Temp] Ref=339
    Oct-11 6:27:20 AM Insteon Thermostat Voice Control appears to not be checked for: Apartment Bedroom Cool [Apartment Bedroom Cool] Ref=338
    Oct-11 6:27:20 AM Insteon Thermostat Voice Control appears to not be checked for: Apartment Bedroom Heat [Apartment Bedroom Heat] Ref=337
    Oct-11 6:27:20 AM Insteon Thermostat Voice Control appears to not be checked for: Apartment Bedroom Hold [Apartment Bedroom Hold] Ref=336
    Oct-11 6:27:20 AM Insteon Thermostat Voice Control appears to not be checked for: Apartment Bedroom Fan [Apartment Bedroom Fan] Ref=335
    Oct-11 6:27:20 AM Insteon Thermostat Voice Control appears to not be checked for: Apartment Bedroom Mode [Apartment Bedroom Mode] Ref=334

• nfrobertson
    replied
    The thermostat name is unique from the point it is added. There are many things related to that name including the values stored in the INI file. The only way to rename it is to remove it and then add it back with a new name.

Nathan

Leave a comment:

• thetaz01
    replied
    Originally posted by nfrobertson View Post
    That's a valid question Claude. I'm thinking however that a person has to be reasonably technical to even pursue using the Echo with HS3 so if they get as far as trying to use it with this plugin and are having issues, turning on Debug logging would be necessary anyway. I'll see about getting a beta version out that switches this log message to Debug to help unclutter your startup logs. I think it'll be ok but thanks for asking.

Nathan
    That's great and would work for me as well.
    I did want to re-ask my other question, is there any way to rename the thermostats??
    Right now I have one that is Fred Jrs Bedroom, that is no longer what it is.. and the only changeable field is the Floor/room.. NOT the name of the thermostats?
    thanks
    so much

Leave a comment:

• nfrobertson
    replied
    That's a valid question Claude. I'm thinking however that a person has to be reasonably technical to even pursue using the Echo with HS3 so if they get as far as trying to use it with this plugin and are having issues, turning on Debug logging would be necessary anyway. I'll see about getting a beta version out that switches this log message to Debug to help unclutter your startup logs. I think it'll be ok but thanks for asking.

Nathan

Leave a comment:

• claude
    replied
    Originally posted by nfrobertson View Post
    That was a check and log added back around June when I was asked to work on support for the Amazon Echo. HS3 requires the Voice Command checkbox be checked to work with the Echo and it's an easy thing to overlook. I probably should have made that a Debug not Info though. If I drop it down to a Debug log only will that help?

Nathan
    That would work for me. For regular operation, I have this plugin set to log=info.

But, just a thought, not trying to poke at anything, here goes: if an Echo user has an issue because he forgot to enable voice, a prime requirement for Echo, will he be at a sufficient technical level to remember to turn log = debug to ?

Leave a comment:

• nfrobertson
    replied
    That was a check and log added back around June when I was asked to work on support for the Amazon Echo. HS3 requires the Voice Command checkbox be checked to work with the Echo and it's an easy thing to overlook. I probably should have made that a Debug not Info though. If I drop it down to a Debug log only will that help?

Nathan

Leave a comment:

• claude
    replied
    Same here. For me, these messages appear once for every device whenever the plugin is started. It started around June 10th with version 3.0.5.3 of the plugin.

Whether you enable or disable voice control, you get a message to that effect. I don't understand the benefit of this message, especially since the other plugin's I have don't bother with this warning.

Perhaps Nathan can explain why he felt this warning was important.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X