Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fvhemert View Post
    i
    Basically I am looking for a interface between HS and Honeywell to enable scenario's like "if security system is set to armed then set thermostat to away". Should not be that hard although the ever changing Honeywell API seems to be challenging
    That is very easy with IFTTT, you need to set up a virtual device that you will switch 'on' when you want to trigger the IFTTT applet, then go into your free IFTTT account and create the applet, that says IF This virtual device goes on, Then That should set my thermostat to away. The applet is created very easily using dropdowns.

After that, just set the virtual device On, and your heating will get set to away. It usually happens within about 4 seconds, but can take longer, but it seems to be very reliable, which is the critical thing for me.

Comment

Michael,

I installed the IFTTT integration earlier this week and have been playing around with the EVO home integration.

Although it is working I am not really convinced this is the right way to go because:
      1. It introduces two additional dependencies (IFTTT web services & MyHomeseer) making the solution more complex and prone to errors
      2. Adds a additional platform for logic and decision making. I like to keep all logic within Homeseer but because the way the setup works we now have rules on the IFTTT platform
      3. It is only Uni directional communication, it is not possible to for example feed the current temperature and settings (24 degrees till 21:30) back to Homeseer
      4. There are some weird things in the setup, my security system is connected via an Arduino. The inputs have no controls (and do not need them) but because of a problem in the integration devices without controls do not show up in IFTTT

For now I will use the IFTTT integration (thanks for pointing me in this direction) but I hope someone will take on the challenge to build a proper plugin that connects HS to EVOhome.

Comment

What should the EVOhome plugin do?

Based on previous discussions, I am trying to compile a list of functions the plugin should provide. Feel free to comment and add!
        1. Connect directly to the Honeywell TotalComfort webservice
        2. Create a device in HS for each zone that shows:
          1. Zone name
          2. Current temperature
          3. Temperature setpoint
          4. Control mode (following schedule, override, etc)

3. Add controls to the zone device that allow to:
          1. Set the temperature
          2. Change the finish time for the temperature change
          3. Make the override permanent
          4. Return to the schedule

4. Create a device that represents the EVOhome device with controls that allow to select quick actions (Follow schedule, Economy, Auto, Away, etc)
        5. The integration should be independent of the MYHS services

Comment

Based on previous discussions, I am trying to compile a list of functions the plugin should provide. Feel free to comment and add!
          1. Connect directly to the Honeywell TotalComfort webservice
          2. Create a device in HS for each zone that shows:
            1. Zone name
            2. Current temperature
            3. Temperature setpoint
            4. Control mode (following schedule, override, etc)

3. Add controls to the zone device that allow to:
            1. Set the temperature
            2. Change the finish time for the temperature change
            3. Make the override permanent
            4. Return to the schedule

4. Create a device that represents the EVOhome device with controls that allow to select quick actions (Follow schedule, Economy, Auto, Away, etc)
          5. The integration should be independent of the MYHS services
          I would expand 1 and say WorldWide.

I would add the ability to boost, or set economy by zone.

Comment

Those cover it for me. I will be at the front of the queue. Desperate for evohome integration in hs, been too long...

Comment

If you guys are having an issue with this plugin not being supported please put in a support request at support@homeseer.com so the management knows about this issue.
              💁‍♂️ Support & Customer Service 🙋‍♂️ Sales Questions 🛒 Shop HomeSeer Products

Comment

Thanks Rupp, will do.

Comment

Cross posted the wish list to Honeywell WiFi Thermostat (3P) :

http://board.homeseer.com/showthread...ferrerid=60040

cross your fingers, hoping for a positive outcome

Comment

Just wondering, is this plugin still maintained and supported or.....?

Its been two weeks without any follow up.
                    The plugin is supported, but I'm in a very busy period at the moment. At the end of the month I will get more time and look into the issue.

I know you paid for the plugin, but I also have to deal with my work, family, friends and other plugins I support
                    Regards,

Rien du Pre
                    The Netherlands
                    Using:
                    Homeseer PRO latest HS4 BETA on a Raspberry
                    Plugin's:
                    RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

I've been hitting issues as well - the device is no longer authenticating to the MyTotalConnect portal.

Comment

Originally posted by Rupp View Post
                        If you guys are having an issue with this plugin not being supported please put in a support request at support@homeseer.com so the management knows about this issue.
                        Hi Rupp. I can count 6/7 users on this forum all with the same issue (devices from this plugin not being created). While there is patchy response from the creator, there's certainly no sign of resolution. Doesn't this amount to being 'supported'?

Comment

I am now running IPThermostat 3.4.3.0, and that version did create the devices according to my Honeywell EVO Home system.
                          Regularly, when you change a heating point, literally nothing seems to happen, but when you enable debug, it appears there were too many login attempts. Yes the Honeywell website is very picky on too many logins, but I think the "(429) Too Many Requests" message should not be filtered when debug is disabled.
                          Actually the debug messages in the event log show three different levels, but no where in the plugin you can select the debug level - it appears if the developer was already preparing for some differentiation, but never finished it.
                          One major disadvantage is that any changes done to the temperature setting results in a permanent change of heating point. You cannot make a change that runs until the next point in the time schedule.
                          If the developer would be willing to pick up development of this plugin, then there's lots to do

Comment

The issue was caused by a change in the Honeywell API, a new version will be in the updater soon
                            Regards,

Rien du Pre
                            The Netherlands
                            Using:
                            Plugin's:
                            RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Thanks Rien - looking forward to the update!

Comment

Update is now available
                                Regards,

Rien du Pre
                                The Netherlands
                                Using:
                                Plugin's:
                                RFXCOM, mcsMQTT, Z-Wave

Comment

Working...
                                X