Is this plugin still supported?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this plugin still supported?

Hi! I am building a new house and am deciding between a Dakin and Mitsubushi VRF system. This plugin would make the Dakin controls a lot easier to work with.

Is it still supported?

If I have 2 multi-split compressors and 7 indoor units, how many serial interfaces and RTD-RA interfaces do I need? 2 or 7?

Thanks!
    mike

Hi

Yes, it is still supported. Though in fairness not widely used, probably, I think, because companies like Daikin have started to build Wi-Fi connectivity in to their split ACs.

In any case this probably wouldn't be right for you as you need one RTD-RA per AC, and the plug-in only supports one RTD-RA.

Take a look at the Coolmaster Net product from Coolautomation. This would talk to multiple ACs although of course you'll need a way to get this to talk to HS as well.

Regards
    NicolaiL
    Nicolai L

Comment

Originally posted by NicolaiL View Post
      Hi

Yes, it is still supported. Though in fairness not widely used, probably, I think, because companies like Daikin have started to build Wi-Fi connectivity in to their split ACs.

In any case this probably wouldn't be right for you as you need one RTD-RA per AC, and the plug-in only supports one RTD-RA.

Take a look at the Coolmaster Net product from Coolautomation. This would talk to multiple ACs although of course you'll need a way to get this to talk to HS as well.

Regards
      NicolaiL
      The coolautomation stuff is neat, and supports use of Nest stats, though controlling the AC via Nest stats or API requires cloud connectivity, which I'd rather not depend on for control.

thx
      mike

Comment

Originally posted by NicolaiL View Post
        Hi

Regards
        NicolaiL
        Hello Nicolai
        I'm buying a Daikin air conditioner with internal ducting and an external unit. A long time ago I downloaded this plugin without ever using it. I don't understand why a plugin of this type, as you say, has not been very successful, but in my case even if the air conditioner will be equipped with wi-fi technology I hope it will always be possible to connect the RTD-RA card and then an IP interface / RS485 to connect it to my PC with HomeSeer. I think it is the most logical thing to do considering my need not to use the WI-FI connection at home all day but only at limited times of the day. I hope everything works and I'm sorry that this plugin is no longer developed since I know of no alternative for those who want to use Daikin systems which I consider the best. Thanks
        Massimo-RenderCAD

Comment

Working...
        X