Is this plugin still supported?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this plugin still supported?

Hi! I am building a new house and am deciding between a Dakin and Mitsubushi VRF system. This plugin would make the Dakin controls a lot easier to work with.

Is it still supported?

If I have 2 multi-split compressors and 7 indoor units, how many serial interfaces and RTD-RA interfaces do I need? 2 or 7?

Thanks!
    mike

Hi

Yes, it is still supported. Though in fairness not widely used, probably, I think, because companies like Daikin have started to build Wi-Fi connectivity in to their split ACs.

In any case this probably wouldn't be right for you as you need one RTD-RA per AC, and the plug-in only supports one RTD-RA.

Take a look at the Coolmaster Net product from Coolautomation. This would talk to multiple ACs although of course you'll need a way to get this to talk to HS as well.

Regards
    NicolaiL
    Nicolai L

Comment

Originally posted by NicolaiL View Post
      Hi

Yes, it is still supported. Though in fairness not widely used, probably, I think, because companies like Daikin have started to build Wi-Fi connectivity in to their split ACs.

In any case this probably wouldn't be right for you as you need one RTD-RA per AC, and the plug-in only supports one RTD-RA.

Take a look at the Coolmaster Net product from Coolautomation. This would talk to multiple ACs although of course you'll need a way to get this to talk to HS as well.

Regards
      NicolaiL
      The coolautomation stuff is neat, and supports use of Nest stats, though controlling the AC via Nest stats or API requires cloud connectivity, which I'd rather not depend on for control.

thx
      mike

Comment

Working...
      X