IZHeatmiser Plugin O/S Requirements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IZHeatmiser Plugin O/S Requirements

Is the plugin just for Windows version of HS3 or is it available for Pi Linux O/S

Hi, I've not marked it as working under Linux, only because I have not had a chance to test it with Linux yet. However, the analyser suggests it should indeed work under linux.

You can give it a try by copying the izHeatmiser.exe file to the homeseer directory on your linux box and enable the plug-in. Let me know how you get on. Happy to work with you to get it fully working under linux if you are experiencing any problems.
    Nicolai L

Comment

I see no option in the plugin download menu so not sure how it can be enabled. Is the izHeatmiser.exe file downloadable from somewhere else?

Comment

Originally posted by Paul.Giles View Post
        I see no option in the plugin download menu so not sure how it can be enabled. Is the izHeatmiser.exe file downloadable from somewhere else?
        Hi. Try this link here for the installer file. Extract the .exe file to your HS3 directory.

ftp://home.indigozest.net/FTP/HomeSe...er_3_0_0_4.zip
        Last edited by NicolaiL; December 7, 2015, 04:35 PM.
        Nicolai L

Comment

Downloaded Zip and copied to the HS3 directory. I could then find the plugin & enable. Plugin status showed on, I got extra devices listed & could manage the plugin settings. However it did not seem to work and I got the following in the log file

Dec-09 7:24:42 PM izHeatmiser ERROR Counter: 1 Thermostat count: 1
          Dec-09 7:24:42 PM izHeatmiser ERROR Counter: 1 Thermostat count: 1
          Dec-09 7:24:42 PM izHeatmiser ERROR Error in Timer function. Error message: Insufficient Space Parameter name: bytes
          Dec-09 7:24:42 PM izHeatmiser ERROR Error in Timer function. Error message: Insufficient Space Parameter name: bytes
          Dec-09 7:24:01 PM Error Calling SetIOMulti in plugin izHeatmiser:Number overflow.
          Dec-09 7:24:01 PM Device Control Device: izHeatmiser izHeatmiser01 izHeatmiser Root to Poll (-10) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
          Dec-09 7:23:42 PM Plug-In Finished initializing plug-in izHeatmiser
          Dec-09 7:23:42 PM izHeatmiser DEBUG Initialised, up and running ...
          Dec-09 7:23:42 PM izHeatmiser DEBUG Initialised, up and running ...
          Dec-09 7:23:41 PM Info Plugin izHeatmiser has connected. IP:127.0.0.1:59196
          Dec-09 7:23:39 PM Plug-In Interface izHeatmiser is running as a trial, 30 days remaining.

Comment

Thanks - I will dig out my test unit when I get a chance and see if I can figure out where this is going wrong. Will post here again.
            Nicolai L

Comment

If you need any more information & am more than happy to oblige

Comment

Originally posted by Paul.Giles View Post
                If you need any more information & am more than happy to oblige
                Thanks for the offer. I have found the main issue, just need to find the time to develop a fix. Will let you know how it goes.
                Nicolai L

Comment

Please try the attached version and let me know how you get on. This is updated with the way it handles TCP communication so now it should support linux as well as Windows.

I have tested in both my environments and it seems OK. It would be great to get your feedback as well please.

If this is working I will release it in the main updater (with linux support).
                  Attached Files
                  Nicolai L

Comment

Download & installed - it is now working. That is absolutely brilliant, thank you. I will leave it running for a few days then licence it. Thank you once again

Comment

You're welcome and thank you. I will promote this version to PROD in the updater.
                      Nicolai L

Comment

Working...
                      X