Nest plugin does not authorize

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nest plugin does not authorize

I tried numerous times to authorize nest plugin to access my nest account, but every time it returns to same state:
    "The Nest plugin hasn't been authorized to access your Nest account. Please click the "Nest Authorization" button below and follow instructions."

Please advise.

Thanks,
    Yuri

Running HS3 Standard on Windows XP pro embedded.
    Last edited by yhavr; July 30, 2018, 09:38 PM.

Could you set the log level to Debug, and post what you get when you try authorize.

I think "Windows XP Pro embedded" may be the problem, I remember users having problem with this OS because it does not support any of the required encryption method.

Comment

I do not get anything in the log, these are two of my latest attempts:
      Jul-31 11:41:05 AM Nest DEBUG Access Token =
      Jul-31 11:39:47 AM Nest DEBUG Access Token =
      Do you think I should switch to Linux or Windows 7?
      This is my new home and I am just starting automation project here. I have no problems to move to a better computer platform. It just happened that I had unused old Dell FX160, which I thought could be a good candidate to run my HomeSeer from.

Thanks,
      Yuri

Comment

Originally posted by yhavr View Post

Do you think I should switch to Linux or Windows 7?
        This is my new home and I am just starting automation project here. I have no problems to move to a better computer platform. It just happened that I had unused old Dell FX160, which I thought could be a good candidate to run my HomeSeer from.
        Yes I would switch to a newer OS because win XP is not supported anymore

Comment

After moving to Windows 10, plugin got authorized and works well.

Comment

Working...
          X