Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible to get outside air temp and weather conditions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible to get outside air temp and weather conditions?

Hi there, using the nest api with great success. Really a solid plugin that functions perfectly all the time.

I am however not having such luck with my weather plugins as weatherunderground no longer supports free data for the masses. BUT I did notice that my Nest app (from actual nest - not the homeseer plugin) has the weather data for my location. I would love to be able to use the outside air temperature and weather conditions that exist in the Nest app with the homeseer plugin, is that possible?

Originally posted by readi343 View Post
    Hi there, using the nest api with great success. Really a solid plugin that functions perfectly all the time.

I am however not having such luck with my weather plugins as weatherunderground no longer supports free data for the masses. BUT I did notice that my Nest app (from actual nest - not the homeseer plugin) has the weather data for my location. I would love to be able to use the outside air temperature and weather conditions that exist in the Nest app with the homeseer plugin, is that possible?
    Unfortunately looks like the API may not support it either if this is still true:
    https://nestdevelopers.io/t/nest-the...mperature/1093

Comment

Well I think you either dig out some values from a friendly Internet site, or you measure the actual outside temperature for your house. I prefer the latter, so I use an Everspring temperature/humidity sensor in a protective box, works great...

Comment

Working...
      X