Connection Stream not working In Nest Plugin as of 08/15/2018 at 0750 PMEST

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connection Stream not working In Nest Plugin as of 08/15/2018 at 0750 PMEST

Spud, Hi Last Night at 750 PM EST my Pluging stopped working .
    Did the following Turned on Debug and found the following :
    Nest DEBUG Method: GET, RequestUri: 'https://developer-api.nest.com/.json?auth=c.L2yhWLnz9dpdWZDPKjjsFcKihFL7Bi5TF9VFaLbstXcHdNH pq5ANAhASZX3MtkOo1NpuCBF7n1l0tfpshNHAs0UpRAhOOypGeu2303aZE3S nmQ1a25mJy7AX8q4J3Wdd8SSbEVDMQI0SIi9l', Version: 1.1, Content: , Headers: { Accept: text/event-stream }

DEBUG System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException: A task was canceled. --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotification) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.get_Result() at NestSharp.NestClient.StartMonitoringData() ---> (Inner Exception #0) System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException: A task was canceled.<---
    Attempted a reset of auth code and that process locked up HS3 , restarted it came back but still not able to control from HS3 or see changes in values in HS3
    Whats weird is when I parse the get command in a browser I do get actual values that are correct.

Your help is appreciated.
    RMIES -Rocky

Note currently running 3.0.0.31 of plugin

My HS3 diagnostics data is as follows
    Current Date/Time: 8/16/2018 6:58:08 AM
    HomeSeer Version: HS3 Pro Edition 3.0.0.435
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard - Server
    System Uptime: 0 Days 0 Hours 16 Minutes 42 Seconds
    IP Address: 1XXXXXX
    Number of Devices: 333
    Number of Events: 69
    Available Threads: 400
    HSTouch Enabled: True
    Event Threads: 1
    Event Trigger Eval Queue: 0
    Event Trigger Priority Eval Queue: 0
    Device Exec Queue: 0
    HSTouch Event Queue: 0
    Email Send Queue: 0
    Anti Virus Installed:
    License: Registered
    License: XXXXXX
    User Name and Access Level: fXXXXX
    WAN IP Address:
    Web Server Port/SSL Port: XXXXXXX

Enabled Plug-Ins
    3.0.17.0: BLLock
    1.3.3.0: Device History
    3.0.0.48: EasyTrigger
    3.0.2.1: Napco Gemini
    3.0.0.31: Nest
    2.0.0.0: SNMPMONITOR
    3.0.0.88: weatherXML
    3.0.0.36: X10
    3.0.2.229: Z-Wave

Same exact problem here, started last night too.

DEBUG Method: GET, RequestUri: 'https://developer-api.nest.com/.json?auth=c.z4hhQj3Vr4TJGnEbPLu6qSJ3BWZuOVqRk1kFP9k0AW34AzM ybv8OooFXirKTyHV8vbhERkQ1GkFTpcICQJbQ0lpiQLNLPUxVSmr4BlOfQWs x6RbXQAqfWFNdAFOnPAExrc3qKdR05r9oXsjD', Version: 1.1, Content: , Headers: { Accept: text/event-stream }

DEBUG System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException: A task was canceled. --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.GetResultCore(Boolean waitCompletionNotification) at System.Threading.Tasks.Task`1.get_Result() at NestSharp.NestClient.StartMonitoringData() ---> (Inner Exception #0) System.Threading.Tasks.TaskCanceledException: A task was canceled.<---

Last edited by readi343; August 16th, 2018, 07:35 AM.

Comment

It seems to be a change on Nest side, the initial connection now takes about 2 minutes which is longer that the timeout of the plugin.
      I can reproduce the problem and some other developers are complaining about it in the Nest developer forum: https://nestdevelopers.io/t/we-start...8-15-2018/1584

If it's not resolved soon on Nest side, I will publish a version of the plugin with a higher timeout to workaround the problem.

Comment

Spud , Thank you for your response, will be standing by - Rocky

Comment

Thanks for the quick response - seeing the same problem here. Look forward to the fix.
          John
          Hardware: i5-6400T w/16GB RAM & SSD w/HS3Pro, Z-Net, Harmony Hub x2, Echo Dot x2, Ocelot
          Plugins: Z-wave, HSTouch, BLBackup, Harmony, GTS CPUXA, UltraMon3, Nest
          HSTouch: Multiple Android Devices; 5 x ToteVision MD-1001 10.1" Win 7 Tablets
          Devices: Cooper RF9501 x4, RF9517 x6, RF9534 x1, RF9540-N x7, RF9542 x1, RF9542-Z x2, RFHDSCG x1, RFWC5 x5; Intermatic HA02 x6; FortrezZ MIMOLite x3; Leviton VRPD3-1LW x4, VRR15-1LZ x6; Nest Tstat & 9x Protects; Dragon PD-100 x3, PA-100 x3

Comment

Any updates on this? This is getting more painful longer it takes to fix...

Comment

Starting to wish I had gone with z-wave thermostats. Wasn't planning on having any periods of interruption, my electric rate depends on minimizing utilization to 1 thermostat at a time. Its unusual, but this hiccup could be costly if I make any mistakes self-managing. Would increasing the timeout interval have any negative effects? Sounds like it would be a quick fix, and also avoid any repeats if Nest servers have a similar problem in the future.

Comment

Same issue here! HS 3.0.0.435 & Nest plugin 3.0.0.31 on Win10. Just upgraded HS from .297 to .435 2 days ago and have had a few bizarre things happen and now this! Hope NEST reverts or changes their behavior to be more responsive as this really puts a wrench in my HA events. Thanks for reporting it, rmies1 and thanks for looking into it, Spud! 2 min is an obviously unacceptable response time for any API

Comment

back in working order tonight as of 10pm est

Comment

Yes it is back in working order on the east coast Spud thank you for your quick response. to others reading this the cautionary tale here is that Nest having its DNA from Google, practices IT in a non standard way - No change management , no foresight, and possibly no realtime monitoring, as such for use as a reliable control of devices its a tough one.
                    Notable you cannot blame developers at Nest or the Nest IT infrastructure folks the internet is still in its infancy and subject to many interruptions some human and some based on machine. when you use this plugin and its subsequent API's it will not be 100 percent reliable. In setting this in your HS3 systems you need to develop your own internal strategies to work around outages, delayed resolutions to issues ( 48 hrs ) and non responsive vendors. and as Uncle Walter Cronkite used to say at the end of each broadcast of the news " and thats the way it is"
                    Hopefully the next generation of IT admins and managers in the industry get it closer to perfect.

Comment

My system is still not updating. Running .31 of the plugin and .435 of HS3 on a SEL unit. I'm seeing this error in the logs (over and over and over): ERROR Method not found: 'NestSharp.NestThermostat.get_eco_temperature_high_f'. I've restarted the plugin and restarted the unit. Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by bbos View Post
                        My system is still not updating. Running .31 of the plugin and .435 of HS3 on a SEL unit. I'm seeing this error in the logs (over and over and over): ERROR Method not found: 'NestSharp.NestThermostat.get_eco_temperature_high_f'. I've restarted the plugin and restarted the unit. Any suggestions?
                        This is a different problem than the one discussed in this thread.
                        Somehow your system is using an old NestSharp.dll. Reinstall the plugin from the updater, and make sure there isn't a NestSharp.dll in your Homeseer app folder, this dll should only be in bin/Nest.

Comment

Re-installing the plugin appears to have fixed the issue. What's curious is that this problem occurred on a SEL unit (Linux). Does Linux even use .dll's?

Comment

Originally posted by bbos View Post
                            Re-installing the plugin appears to have fixed the issue. What's curious is that this problem occurred on a SEL unit (Linux). Does Linux even use .dll's?
                            Yes, mono uses .dll

Comment

Nest thermostats stopped responding tonight. Not sure if this is a related issue, the log entries are different but in practice it feels the same. The Nest app still works great, but homeseer is failing to control my thermostats again. The keep-alive / null cycle continues indefinitely, I just pasted a short version for brevity.
                              Sep-09 11:48:24 PM Nest DEBUG data: null
                              Sep-09 11:48:24 PM Nest DEBUG event: keep-alive
                              Sep-09 11:47:54 PM Nest DEBUG data: null
                              Sep-09 11:47:54 PM Nest DEBUG event: keep-alive
                              Sep-09 11:47:42 PM Nest DEBUG PUT: path=devices/thermostats/ccqNjZaKvsmBBnLhnN6_ew_VumSUMP-v payload={"hvac_mode":"cool"}
                              Sep-09 11:47:42 PM Device Control Device: HVAC Basement HVAC Mode to Cool (2) by/from: CAPI Control Handler
                              Sep-09 11:47:39 PM Nest DEBUG PUT: path=devices/thermostats/ccqNjZaKvslJ96JxK8obMA_VumSUMP-v payload={"hvac_mode":"eco"}
                              Sep-09 11:47:39 PM Device Control Device: HVAC Living Room HVAC Mode to Eco (4) by/from: CAPI Control Handler

Comment

Working...
                              X