Home Away status changing on its own - Events won't run when status Away

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Away status changing on its own - Events won't run when status Away

Just coming into heating season and have enabled all my temp setting events. Events stopped working and log say
    WARNING Can't adjust target temperature while structure is set to Away or Auto-away.
    I can reset from Away to Home and all is fine for a while. Then it reset to Away after a day or so.
    I tried to manual reset Eco mode to off at the thermostat, but that doesn't seem to stick either. What am I missing?
    Thanks,
    Barry

I wonder if it would solve the issue to turn off Home/Away assist in the Nest settings?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	1253849
    -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by cc4005 View Post
      I wonder if it would solve the issue to turn off Home/Away assist in the Nest settings?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	25.5 KB
ID:	1253849
      I "think" I have been turning off ECO, but it seems to be resetting.

Comment

OK, not crazy here. An event I can't locate is changing the status to "Away" twice a day, weekdays only. I've tried to go through all my events, but can't find anything. When the status changes, I get an email, then use the phone app to reset. See nothing in the Nest calendar or settings. Suggests for finding the culprit?

Thanks,
        Barry

Comment

If you're certain it's an HS3 event making the home/away change then this may not be relevant to your problem, but some are saying the home/away functionality is broken in according to this Nest forum thread.
          -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by cc4005 View Post
            If you're certain it's an HS3 event making the home/away change then this may not be relevant to your problem, but some are saying the home/away functionality is broken in according to this Nest forum thread.
            Thanks. Good to know I'm not alone. I've been through every event and it is not HS3. Glad I'm using HS3 though, so I can catch and correct the setting. I will try some of the fixes suggested. In my case it is just weird that it only happens during the week and at times when someone is home.

Barry

Comment

Working...
            X