Nest Cameras working with HSMobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nest Cameras working with HSMobile

So i wanted to share this with others who are using Homeseer and Nest Cameras. I found a way to display my nest cameras and hello doorbell in HomeSeer Mobile and also added them to a dashboard (see below)
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20181025-090821.png
Views:	1253
Size:	175.1 KB
ID:	1255152Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20181025-090835.png
Views:	966
Size:	206.4 KB
ID:	1255157

This is how i did it.

Login on chrome to your Nest.com account and make sure you are sharing your camera and then grab the link for the share (see below i have blurred mine):

Name:	2.png
Views:	984
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	1255153

Open Chrome (new tab) and paste the link in the URL and then on that same page where you are seeing you live shared nestcam feed click on the 3 dots in the top right corner and then go to More Tools --> Developer Tools

Name:	4.png
Views:	933
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	1255154
    The developer tools will help you find the code below to get the URL which we will need to add as a camera link in Homeseer Setup. You need to find the video.nest.com and expand the live folder and click on the link below the live folder (i have blurred mine). This will bring the code on the right up and you need to find the <meta name="twitter:image section. You want that https link (see below)

Name:	6.png
Views:	962
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	1255155

Copy EVERYTHING starting with HTTPS: all the way to the right. Basically you want the entire link without the double quotes

After you have this copied to your clipboard open Homeseer and goto Setup --> Cameras and paste the link(s) for each manual camera you want to setup:

Name:	7.png
Views:	986
Size:	79.3 KB
ID:	1255156

And thats it! You can add the camera to you dashboard and even open full screen.

I am going to post this link to the HomeSeer Mobile Message board too for Nest Users that want to test their Nest Cameras in this NEW AWESOME MOBILE APP!!!!

Nice, thank you for sharing.
    For how long time have you this working? Are you sure the url is not dynamic and likely to change?

Comment

spud so far it has been working for almost 24 hours. I will keep an eye on it but from the code I see behind the live feed web page I do not see any calculations for a time out or a session... I will reply to this post every couple of days or if the feed break.

Comment

spud so far it has been working 2 days straight with no issues and connections are fine.

Comment

spud this has now been working without any issues for almost a month!! It's so nice to actually see my nest cameras live in HomeSeer Mobile App!!! This is so awesome!!!

Comment

Looks awesome, I'm going to start playing with mine today...! Do you know if it can be done with a password-protected share?

Comment

Thank you for sharing this!

Comment

Is this still working for you? I had it working for a time, but now my feeds don't load and the message on a white screen says 'forbidden'

Comment

tsylandera - it stopped working for me too and I haven't had much time to invest into figuring out why. I did get it to not error out and display the data and time but the image is not coming into my Homeseer Mibile app. I used a different URL from the developer settings (see below). I used the twitter:url and the cameras load now with no error but also no image:

Name:	2019-08-05 12_13_06-Live Not Found _ Nest.png
Views:	885
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	1319345

I updated the HS3 camera tab under setup to use the link above with autoplay=1 allowfullscreen but it still doesnt work. I have to get back to work but will try and investigate this later. Please try this and if you have time to troubleshoot and fix post here.

Name:	2019-08-05 12_18_42-Setup.png
Views:	821
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	1319346

See camera's below (they load the date and time but not the camera image. Its funny too because the URL in the HS3 Manual Camera Configuration above does in fact open in a web browser and display the camera feed.

Name:	Screenshot_20190805-122040.png
Views:	801
Size:	41.8 KB
ID:	1319347

Comment

tsylandera - FORGET THE ABOVE POST. I found the fix!!!!!!! Just make sure you keep the same URL you had from before and change it to the following:

My Old Screenshots:

Name:	2.png
Views:	778
Size:	4.4 KB
ID:	1319379

My New Screenshots: (you want to replace the 560 with 540 and also add &public=YOURCAMERASHARINGID
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	2019-08-05 13_38_30-Setup.png Views:	0 Size:	7.0 KB ID:	1319364
                    All My cameras work now AGAIN
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	2019-08-05 13_40_08-Setup.png Views:	0 Size:	60.3 KB ID:	1319365

I now see my nest cameras again and they work great!
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20190805-133949.png Views:	0 Size:	208.5 KB ID:	1319366

Comment

Is still still working?

Comment

Yes, it is. I've been pulling my Nest Hello feed into Blue Iris this way for several months now.

Comment

Originally posted by rmiles7721 View Post
                          Yes, it is. I've been pulling my Nest Hello feed into Blue Iris this way for several months now.
                          Thanks, I misunderstood the directions as they are spread out over several posts but I was able to figure it out.

And thanks to ajgurrieri!

Comment

This thread is now about a year old. Does anyone have an update as to whether this method still works?

Comment

Still works for me.

Comment

Working...
                              X