Problem with 3 Nest Thermostats?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with 3 Nest Thermostats?

I currently have three Nest thermostats installed in my house, one from each generation. In my device page I see all three thermostats, but only the newest thermostat has obvious entries for fan, hvac status, etc.

Click image for larger version

Name:	nest.PNG
Views:	130
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	1269028

I would like to control the temperature for different thermostats from an event, but the event list I see entries like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	nest2.png
Views:	68
Size:	7.2 KB
ID:	1269029

further down the list I see entries for my 'Dining Room' Nest, so I'm assuming these items in the list refer to the other thermostats. Is there some trick to getting the device names to be unique so that I would know if I'm controlling the Hallway thermostat or the Master Bedroom Thermostat? Is there some reason that only the Dining Room Thermostat has all the other sub-devices? Does this have something to do with the other thermostats being older versions?

Thanks!

Jim

I think I figure out what happened. It seems that only the Dining Room thermostat has all of its devices as being on the 'Nest' floor. The other two thermostats only have the main thermostat device associated with the 'Nest' floor, all the other parts (Target Temperature, HVAC status, etc.) were not associated with any floor. When the devices showed up in the device selection list, there was nothing to make them distinct. I'm not going through the various Nest devices and making sure they have a proper 'floor' defined so that I can tell them apart in the device selection list used when setting up events.

Jim

Comment

Working...
    X