Nest Hello trigger event by Person detected not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nest Hello trigger event by Person detected not working

I believe that this should work with the Nest plugin but perhaps that is not the case.

I setup an event to turn on my Porch Lights when the Nest Hello detects a person event as shown below and it does not work and event says it has never run.

Attached Files

So it looks like this plug-in cannot detect any events from the nest hello, however IFTTT can.

I would prefer to not use IFTTT to run this event though, is there a way to have this plug-in get at least motion events from the nest hello?

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Comment

It should already work with the plugin, but I think your AND IF conditions on sunset are wrong. "The time is this after sunset" condition means that for the event to be fired, the camera would have to detect a person at the exact sunset time.

First try your event without any time conditions, if it works try to use "The time is nighttime" or "The time is after sunset but before this"

Comment

Nothing works, I tried as suggested only using the camera as a trigger. I also notice nothing gets logged at all for the camera. However I renamed a motion zone on my Nest app and HomeSeer picked up the new name right away so the connection to Nest is working, just not getting any camera events. My Nest Thermostat and Nest Protects also seem to work fine and I can take a snapshot from the Nest Hello as well.

Any idea or does Nest Hello camera events not work?

Comment

What do you mean by "nothing gets logged at all for the camera"?
          Can you provide some debug logs? Enable "Log to File" then make sure to pass in front of your camera to generate some events, then post the log file (Logs/Nest.txt)

Does this camera works with IFTTT?

Comment

Camera works with IFTTT, when I walk by it, the nest app alerts me, IFTTT alerts me, but nothing is logged in the Nest Log at all. I can do some more testing tonight.

Comment

I saw this in the log with debug, however still cannot get a camera event to do anything with the event. I set it to only detect motion and person from any activity zone and still nothing. I also removed and re-authorized my nest account and everything works as it did before. I would really love to get this working but is it perhaps just not possible without Nest releasing a proper Nest Hello API?

"name":"Porch","id":205655}],"last_event":{"has_sound":false,"has_motion":true,"has_pers on":false,"start_time":"2019-01-11T18:48:04.243Z","end_time":"2019-01-11T18:48:04.443Z"

Comment

If you set it to detect "motion and person", the event will only fire if the camera detects motion AND a person. According to your logs it seems that it only detects motion, so for testing set the event to "motion" only.

If you still can't figure it out, please provide a full debug log and a screenshot of your event.

Comment

So that did the trick this time, I can only set to one event which seems to work, person AND motion does not, which is not a big deal at all. In the end I think it was the reset of Nest Authorization that got it to finally send alerts and then setting the trigger as you pointed out after that finally did it as before resetting authorization I had tried only on person and only on motion and it still didn't work.

Thanks for your help! much appreciated!

Comment

Working...
                  X