Need advice, thinking of moving to Nest

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice, thinking of moving to Nest

I am thinking of replacing my Horstman (Secure) Thermostat and 2 channel boiler control. I have a few questions. This PI, can it control the Nest thermostat directly via the api or is this going via the cloud ? Whats the reliability like (control) from HS3, response time ?
    The other concern I have, I have created my own schedules, home and away is managed already. Can I override or switch off the learning function, and just use the Nest as a 'dumb' thermostat ? I will also most likely keep the hot water control via zwave rather than via the Nest...

Originally posted by mikee123 View Post
    I am thinking of replacing my Horstman (Secure) Thermostat and 2 channel boiler control. I have a few questions. This PI, can it control the Nest thermostat directly via the api or is this going via the cloud ? Whats the reliability like (control) from HS3, response time ?
    The other concern I have, I have created my own schedules, home and away is managed already. Can I override or switch off the learning function, and just use the Nest as a 'dumb' thermostat ? I will also most likely keep the hot water control via zwave rather than via the Nest...
    I have a nest thermostat for a couple of years now. I override the on/off or eco state with phlocation etc from homeseer as the nest software isn’t as good/fast to know home and away status. I’m pleased with it all, ive got nest smoke/co and cameras. They work well with hue lights too. Shame that google don’t open up all of their product parts to the api as the smoke detectors have great motion sensors in them. The nest plugin is also very reliable.

Cheers

J

Comment

Working...
    X