File storage for snapshots from Nest Cameras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

File storage for snapshots from Nest Cameras

Just purchased and installed this plugin, and it seems to work as advertised.

I've got it configured to take fresh snapshots every 30 minutes, but I wonder about long term impacts on disk space. I have a limited amount of space on the drive where HS3 is installed, though a separate drive with 500gb of space that's basically empty.

Is there a way to either automatically prune these snapshots so they don't exceed a certain amount of storage, or make the file location configurable somehow? Alternately, should I just move my HS3 install to the other drive? Is that possible without epic frustration?

I'm afraid that if left alone I'll begin having space issues in Windows.

I'm in Windows 10 Pro, newest version of HS3 updated today.

Thanks a lot.

I run a midnight event and fire a script.vb to zip and store my videos to a google drive. Once they are stored I delete the originals. My folders are created by my IP camera by the date. You can edit for your own use to copy files to another drive.

Sub Main(parm as object)

Dim result as String
    Dim todaysdate As String = String.Format("{0:yyyyMMdd}", DateTime.Now)
    Dim filesys as Object

result=hs.Zip("C:\Channel1\HomeCam" & todaysdate,"M:\House IP Camera" & todaysdate & ".zip")

filesys=CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")

If filesys.FileExists("M:\House IP Camera" & todaysdate & ".zip") Then
    filesys.DeleteFolder ("C:\Channel1\HomeCam" & todaysdate)
    End If

hs.WriteLog("ZIP","Result: " & todaysdate & ".zip copied")

End Sub

Comment

will40 - thanks, something like that is probably all I need. I don't even need to archive anything, just clean them up periodically.

Comment

The snapshots are downloaded to your HS3 installation directory in html/images/Nest/snapshots
        There is no automatic pruning done by the plugin, and I can't make the file location configurable because it needs to be in the html folder to be accessible by the HS web server.

The best is to run a script similar to the one above to periodically delete the snapshots.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
          The snapshots are downloaded to your HS3 installation directory in html/images/Nest/snapshots
          There is no automatic pruning done by the plugin, and I can't make the file location configurable because it needs to be in the html folder to be accessible by the HS web server.

The best is to run a script similar to the one above to periodically delete the snapshots.
          Yes, thanks. I've set a simple event to invoke a batch file to prune *jpg from the Nest\* subfolders each 2:00 AM.
          Last edited by HSAccord; February 5, 2019, 05:58 PM. Reason: Edit: spelling

Comment

Working...
          X