Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nest plugin still going to work after August then?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cc4005 View Post
    The root device is always forced to the top and the rest are apparently sorted as text rather than numbers so the 1s come before 9s. Bug or feature? ;-)
    Thanks for clarifying that the root device gets forced to the top, because it made me exclude natural-sorting as the reason. That makes perfect sense now, but I would consider that a bug myself. Solution is to adjust the existing sort function with a natural-sort/alphanumerical one that relies on IComparer or alike.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dot...ic.list-1.sort

Would the best way to submit bugs be to wait till they see this thread, send an email to support@homeseer.com, or is there a proper JIRA/TFS/Git/etc. ticketing system?

Comment

AFAIK the only way is by email. They used bugzilla at one time, but it's no more.
      -Wade

Comment

Originally posted by cc4005 View Post
        Please report back as you live with these a while longer.
        Definitely.

Make sure everybody in your household is aware to never agree to any Google message to convert account over as they can be quite persistent, and noticed somebody already stating on another thread that this happened to them with a family member accepting the conversion. I'm going to move my Nest to another location and either use it as-is, or pray that the Nest-to-Vera3 integration remains functional.

Still in early stages of setting everything up in HomeSeer, and taking my time. Just figured I get the critical systems out of the way, so Schlage deadbolt is in place, and thermostats covered now. Few external sensors, dimmers and switches in place, and fine-tuning all the events.The real fun starts when I'm ready to install all the in-wall stuff. Wago lever nuts will come in real handy again. Ran the old location on Z-Wave for almost six years on Vera3 and wanted something more powerful.

Gladly take any suggestions on HomeSeer plugins you cannot live without, or advanced event logic you are willing to share

Comment

I still havent converted, but i have an issue on my linux system, and i get this error message, and nothing is updated of devices.
          Sep-05 17:27:59 Nest ERROR Method not found: bool NestSharp.NestStructure.Equals(NestSharp.NestStructure)
          I have another Windows system which still works.
          Do you know what this error message is?

Comment

Originally posted by frankis78 View Post
            I still havent converted, but i have an issue on my linux system, and i get this error message, and nothing is updated of devices.
            Sep-05 17:27:59 Nest ERROR Method not found: bool NestSharp.NestStructure.Equals(NestSharp.NestStructure)
            I have another Windows system which still works.
            Do you know what this error message is?
            It looks like NestSharp.dll (located in bin/Nest) has not been updated correctly after your last upgrade. Stop the Nest plugin, make sure the process has stopped, delete bin/Nest/NestSharp.dll, then reinstall the latest version of the Nest plugin.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post

It looks like NestSharp.dll (located in bin/Nest) has not been updated correctly after your last upgrade. Stop the Nest plugin, make sure the process has stopped, delete bin/Nest/NestSharp.dll, then reinstall the latest version of the Nest plugin.
              Thanks, that fixed the issue.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post

Had this same error and stupidly assumed restarting the plugin and reauthorizing with Nest might fix the issue. Based on this thread it appears I’m hosed and now have a useless plugin. ‘Thanks” google... I guess it’s time to convert to Honeywell IAQ like our upstairs unit...

Comment

More press on this:

https://www.zdnet.com/article/google...8268-250061089

Comment

I managed to do the same as #22 before checking the forum -- reset the auth and went to redo it in a lazy attempt to fix the NestSharp.NestStructure.Equals error. Ehhhh... oops

However I have filesystem level backups of my HomeSeer server, and managed to at least recover Nest.ini with the access_token. Seems to start up fine and also seems to at least think it's authorized (I check the Nest app, the auth still exists there too). However, I'm getting this in the logs:

ERROR Cannot find thermostat gi6tL1If6GjZ9SqATAYCFw_VumSUMP-v

Seems like something else besides Nest.ini got reset when I clicked that "Reset" button? What else can I restore? FWIW I also did reinstall the Nest plugin after deleting bin/Nest/NestSharp.dll too.

Comment

Originally posted by SkipperNick View Post
                      I managed to do the same as #22 before checking the forum -- reset the auth and went to redo it in a lazy attempt to fix the NestSharp.NestStructure.Equals error. Ehhhh... oops

However I have filesystem level backups of my HomeSeer server, and managed to at least recover Nest.ini with the access_token. Seems to start up fine and also seems to at least think it's authorized (I check the Nest app, the auth still exists there too). However, I'm getting this in the logs:

ERROR Cannot find thermostat gi6tL1If6GjZ9SqATAYCFw_VumSUMP-v

Seems like something else besides Nest.ini got reset when I clicked that "Reset" button? What else can I restore? FWIW I also did reinstall the Nest plugin after deleting bin/Nest/NestSharp.dll too.
                      This error means you have an event or a script that tries to control a thermostat that doesn't exist anymore.
                      If you can't figure out what's wrong, could you provide a debug log of the Nest plugin starting.

Comment

hmm, debug log seems to indicate an auth problem with the Nest API... maybe the reset did something on the Nest side as well ? FWIW I do still see "HomeSeer Plug-in" in the "Works with Nest" list on the Android Nest App... actually this could very well have been happening before I reset as the plugin stopped working around Aug 7 according to the last device updates (yikes no wonder HVAC has been wonky). eh looking more and more like I'm out of luck...

Sep-20 22:27:26 DEBUG System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> FirebaseSharp.SimpleHttpResponseException:
                        [. . .]
                        Sep-20 22:27:26 DEBUG Method: GET, RequestUri: 'https://developer-api.nest.com/.json?auth=[REDACTED]', Version: 1.1, Content: <null>, Headers:
                        {
                        Accept: text/event-stream
                        }
                        Sep-20 22:27:26 DEBUG response=StatusCode: 401, ReasonPhrase: 'Unauthorized', Version: 1.1, Content: System.Net.Http.StreamContent, Headers:
                        {
                        Access-Control-Allow-Origin: *
                        Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, max-age=0, private
                        Pragma: no-cache
                        Content-Length: 0
                        Content-Type: application/json; charset=UTF-8
                        }

Comment

Originally posted by SkipperNick View Post
                          hmm, debug log seems to indicate an auth problem with the Nest API... maybe the reset did something on the Nest side as well ? FWIW I do still see "HomeSeer Plug-in" in the "Works with Nest" list on the Android Nest App... actually this could very well have been happening before I reset as the plugin stopped working around Aug 7 according to the last device updates (yikes no wonder HVAC has been wonky). eh looking more and more like I'm out of luck...

Sep-20 22:27:26 DEBUG System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> FirebaseSharp.SimpleHttpResponseException:
                          [. . .]
                          Sep-20 22:27:26 DEBUG Method: GET, RequestUri: 'https://developer-api.nest.com/.json?auth=[REDACTED]', Version: 1.1, Content: <null>, Headers:
                          {
                          Accept: text/event-stream
                          }
                          Sep-20 22:27:26 DEBUG response=StatusCode: 401, ReasonPhrase: 'Unauthorized', Version: 1.1, Content: System.Net.Http.StreamContent, Headers:
                          {
                          Access-Control-Allow-Origin: *
                          Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, max-age=0, private
                          Pragma: no-cache
                          Content-Length: 0
                          Content-Type: application/json; charset=UTF-8
                          }
                          yeah your authorization token has probably been invalidated by the reset
                          I'm curious to know what happens if you try to re-authorize?

Comment

Does anyone know if it might be possible to have a Nest Doorbell connected to a Google Home device without lunching my authentication of my Nest thermostat with Homeseer? All of my heating stuff is driven by homeseer and not bothered about voice control, but I have just bought a Lenovo Smart Home display which uses Google Home and it has some nice integration with the Doorbell - like showing who is at the door automatically... but not sure if I can split things that way. Anyone got both?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by borat View Post
                              Does anyone know if it might be possible to have a Nest Doorbell connected to a Google Home device without lunching my authentication of my Nest thermostat with Homeseer? All of my heating stuff is driven by homeseer and not bothered about voice control, but I have just bought a Lenovo Smart Home display which uses Google Home and it has some nice integration with the Doorbell - like showing who is at the door automatically... but not sure if I can split things that way. Anyone got both?
                              Would it be possible for you to simply create a new GMail account and a corresponding Google Account for the Lenovo system to use, so that you can leave the Nest thermostat on the Nest Account it relies on without converting it to a Google Account and losing the "Works With Nest" functionality HomeSeer needs?

Comment

I clicked the option to convert to my google account. It told me that there was an error migrating my account and it failed. I had tried it several times before realizing the consequences and it did the same thing. So it appears I am protected from doing something stupid and shutting off my Nest access!

Comment

Working...
                                X