Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you planning to do an integration with the Nest Plugin and Google Assistant?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by borat View Post
    Any news on this new plugin? Is it still happening? I’ve been holding off on a decision to replace Nest with something that can be automated but with energy prices the way they are it would be good to know if this is coming soon or a long way off still.

thanks
    I'm currently working on this plugin. Once it is finished we have to go through a certification process with Google, so not sure how much time it's going to take.

Comment

Excited for it to be released! I'm currently using the Homebridge Nest plugin as that has been very reliable for me.

Comment

spud Thank you so much for this. Any timeline on when it'll be ready for submission to google, understanding that google may well take forever after that.

Comment

Originally posted by shennecke
          Any update? Anybody have a work around until then? My smarthings app on my android phone can control my nest thermostat, but HS Smarthings plug in doesn't see it.
          I've taken to using both Homeseer and Home Assistant. My thermostat works great with Home Assistant. Using the HS-HA integration along with MQTT I've started using the Home Assistant front end on my tablets and Alexa with everything from Homeseer.

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post

I'm currently working on this plugin. Once it is finished we have to go through a certification process with Google, so not sure how much time it's going to take.
            I would be very interested in this. I want an interface for nest hello and other cameras; bell push, motion alerts, etc. I used to use the Nest plugin. Any idea yet on when a beta might be ready to try?
            - Tom

HSPro/Insteon
            Web Site
            YouTube Channel

Comment

Yes, I am interested as well, and willing to pay for the plugin.

Comment

as would I, have been waiting for this plugin so I can use my next thermostat and camera/doorbell. any idea of how much longer?

Comment

I, as well.

Comment

Add me to the list

Comment

Originally posted by lingerba View Post
                      Add me to the list
                      See https://forums.homeseer.com/forum/ho...04#post1554304

---
                      John

Comment

any word from Spud on how the nest thermostat plugin is coming along?

Comment

Are we feeling lucky? Macromark mentioned in the link above the Nest plugin would be release in July? Do we think it will be here next week?
                          HS Install Date: Feb. 16, 2007

HS3 Pro, Z-Wave, Insteon, BLStat, HS Touch Server, MyQ

WeatherXML, BLBackup, BLLAN, BLLock, Restart, CaddX, OpenSprinkler

Comment

Originally posted by misraels View Post
                            Are we feeling lucky? Macromark mentioned in the link above the Nest plugin would be release in July? Do we think it will be here next week?
                            The plugin is under review by Google it could take a little more time until we sort everything out with them.

Comment

Thanks for the update. Keeping my fingers crossed for Google certification to go quick.

Comment

Originally posted by shennecke
                                Update?
                                We have passed the first stage of the certification, if everything goes well, we will soon reach the "Pilot Testing" stage, where we will need a few users to beta test the plugin. If you are interested in beta testing the Google Nest plugin please post in this thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X