Nest Thermostat on Homebridge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nest Thermostat on Homebridge

Miss the plugin so much. I was playing around with Homebridge and found out that you can get a new token from a Google account instead of a Nest Account. Is there any possible way to use this into the Homeseer plugin. https://www.npmjs.com/package/homebridge-google-nest

spud - is the above possible with regards to your plugin being updated using the google account instead of the nest account which lexusplexus is suggesting?

Comment

This is pretty cool. A bit of a hack, but seems to work well. Any chance of using this?

Comment

Well, it seems very hackish so I'm not sure I want to go that route.

Comment

You still can't migrate to Google without losing HS3 control via this plugin...correct?

Comment

I read somewhere in the HS forum a suggestion to use a google mini to send commands via audio to another gogle device. It just so happended that google sent me a free mini, so I sat it next to a goole assistant hub and turned the Microphone off on the mini. I now use the chromecast plugin to control the nest thermostat via homeseer. Its a liitle bit messy and circuitous but it works well. I am using it with HS Buddy geofence to control the temp in my house when I am leaving or entering the geofence.

Comment

Awesome. I remember when I first moved to HS from Smartthings I used a lux sensor on one side and a dimmable bulb to signal a couple things between the two. I still have HS speak to Alexa to send my Spruce sprinkler messages. I wish there was a Spruce plugin. SmartThings could manage it.

Comment

Working...
              X