Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the difference between Target Temp Low and High?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the difference between Target Temp Low and High?

Currently my target temp low and high are always set to the same value. Should I be setting these as a range? I notice that the Nest doesn't kick in the heat/cool unless you move there target temp 2 degrees off the ambient temperature. So it seems it has a built in range of 2 degrees already. If someone can explain this process in more detail that would be great. Thanks.

How are you using Nest thermostats with Homeseer???

Comment

With the plugin that this forum is focused on.

Comment

So by process of elimination I have figured out that adjusting either of the devices - target low and target high, does not actually change the settings on the thermostat.

So these appear to be information only devices in homeseer.

What I want to do is adjust the set points in my themostats through scripts - so can anyone help out and post the method for doing this? Essentially I want to use the +/- buttons on the target temp devices from within a script. Thanks.

Comment

Would you mind posting a screen shot of the devices associated with your thermostat? Mine don't include target high/low, but do include cool and heat setpoints.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	156
Size:	204.1 KB
ID:	1401272
          -Wade

Comment

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-07-10 at 3.59.48 PM.png
Views:	120
Size:	152.9 KB
ID:	1401415 Here you go...

Comment

Originally posted by simonmason View Post
              So by process of elimination I have figured out that adjusting either of the devices - target low and target high, does not actually change the settings on the thermostat.

So these appear to be information only devices in homeseer.

What I want to do is adjust the set points in my themostats through scripts - so can anyone help out and post the method for doing this? Essentially I want to use the +/- buttons on the target temp devices from within a script. Thanks.
              Target high is the cool setpoint, target low is the heat setpoint. They are NOT information only, you can set them to any value in their defined range.
              To change them from a script you need to use CAPI

Comment

Originally posted by simonmason View Post

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-07-10 at 3.59.48 PM.png
Views:	120
Size:	152.9 KB
ID:	1401415 Here you go...
                Well d'oh. I probably renamed them ages ago when I installed the plugin.
                -Wade

Comment

Working...
                X