Clarification on what might break my Nest HS4 pin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Clarification on what might break my Nest HS4 pin

I have a "pin" to manipulate my Nest thermostat from prior to when they stopped granting new ones. Anyway, while this may be unfounded, I don't log in to the app or site ever out of fear I'll somehow lose control of it from HS4. It seems like I'd read on the forum at some point doing so could break it.

Can someone please clarify what it takes to mess my pin up? Or, if as long as I have it I can use other access methods without worrying about breaking the HS4 pin..

Thanks in advance...

What you must NOT do is convert your nest account to a google account, it would break the connection with the plugin.
    I haven't try it for a long time but I think you can log into the Nest app, there it will ask you if you want to switch to a google account, but I'm not sure it will prevent you to see devices as before if you don't accept.

One other thing you must NOT do is to try to deauthorize and reauthorize the plugin.

Comment

Thanks Spud!

Comment

I highly recommend anyone still using a Nest to swap out for an Ecobee... the difference in responsiveness and compatibility is really, really significant. I used to see a lot of lag when using Homeseer to control the Nest even before Google screwed everything up. The Ecobee is instant, and they are often heavily discounted through your local power company. Oh, and to add, Homeseer provides the Ecobee plugin for FREE with HS4.

Comment

Working...
        X