Thermostat Missing-After Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thermostat Missing-After Replacement

Hello, i know the nest plug in days are like walking on a thin ice covered lake.. LOL..
    I use this a lot, and have NOT converted over to google login... DAMN GOOGLE!
    I have and my API Key still works..
    the issue im having is, some time ago, i had a bad thermostat in my den, Nest replaced it, BUT since replacing it, it has NOT re-populated as a device..
    is there any way to get the plug in to re-add my den thermostat in HS?
    im running HS4, and Nest plug in v3.0.0.35
    Also, is there any future for NEST IN HS?? :-/

The plugin should create devices for any thermostat in your Nest account. You can set the log level to Debug from the config page and check the data sent by Nest when the plugin starts, if your new thermostat is in there the device should be created, if it isn't then there is not much it can do.

There is a new free Google Nest plugin for HS4 that uses the new Google API: https://shop.homeseer.com/collection...plugin-for-hs4

Comment

I turned on debug logging, BUT its alot of info! LOL
      if i log into my nest account i DO see the thermostat there. its just still not coming up on homeseer
      and the HS4 nest plug in, is that Just thermostats? or nest everything? and is that replacing your plug in ?

Comment

Originally posted by spud View Post
        The plugin should create devices for any thermostat in your Nest account. You can set the log level to Debug from the config page and check the data sent by Nest when the plugin starts, if your new thermostat is in there the device should be created, if it isn't then there is not much it can do.
        Greetings Spud,

The same thing happened to me. I recently updated your plugin to the latest version, and I noticed that there is a now a Home/Away device, which is actively controlling Eco Mode on the thermostat. That got my hopes up that maybe the thermostat might be available through the plug-in again. However, that is the only setting that I can see or modify, and when I turn on debug logging, it doesn't look like any other thermostat data is coming through, just the Nest Protects and a bunch of location data. I tried removing and re-adding the thermostat to my account, but that didn't appear to have any effect either.

Comment

Working...
        X